first impressions

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

what do folks think? did you enjoy the lightheartedness? did you find it amusing? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Tbh, I just saw the first 3 episodes. What I liked mainly was the concept, Aarav wants to use Emily’s help in going to the US, as she is a US citizen; while Emily wants to get a soul mate in India and wants to know more about the Indian culture, customs and traditions. 

Rest of the family, I simply skipped, not interested in their dynamics. Also not a fan of the actor playing the ML. Don’t think the story will focus on the couple, the main characters are Anandi and Emily, so the story will focus on them. A lot also depends on the trp. Currently it’s 0.7, I believe. So it’s all up to the makers, how they intend on taking this story forward.

Edit: Unfortunately, they have rushed the plot to marry off Emily, and there is a limit up to which they can show Anandi’s unhappiness regarding this. I liked Emily mispronouncing Anandi’s name as Anadi and unintentionally insulting her. 😆 Nicely done.. I wish the ML was different. Hate that actor. 

Edited by flutterby - 1 years ago
KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Tbh, I feel it was OTT a lot. No doubt, family melodrama made me skip their scenes. Their comedy, jokes and actions felt dehydrated & presence in the storyline is useless -- just felt like the makers wanted to complete episode to the 20 minute mark. 

ML sucks as the lead & has no proper substance other than wanting to go to the US for his desires. FL is okay and has somewhat of the substance. Family matriarch felt egoistic, like in the temple scene where she banned Emily from entering the temple repeatedly when Emily herself said that she understood it after she said it the first time. I mean, it's Anandi's property, not denying, but I felt she was too cliched as the matriarch for this role. Anyways, all the family members are too cliched and boring to see, especially attempting to crack humor which was a failed attempt .

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

The first 3 weeks of episodes have been aired.. and this is my problem with the show. 

1. The focus is too much on making Emily do various rasams and observing fasts and hoping they backfire on her.. it was entertaining at first, now its being overdone, so it is losing its sheen. 
2. Emily’s background is unrealistic.. her parents being divorced.. she being looked after by her Indian neighbour who teaches her a bit about Indian customs, family values and she falling in love with that is highly unrealistic. 
3. Someone kill the ML please!! 😡 🤢 He pretends to love Emily and sees her as a ticket to migrate to America, and secretly hopes that Emily fails in whatever task her MIL has planned for her, so she goes to America and inadvertently takes him along as well. What if she refuses to go after her ouster and remains in India? No plan.. What if the mother prevents him from going and thereby has to keep Emily at home? No clue.. ugh! 🤡 
4. Emily herself.. is so naive so as to not understand her husband’s intentions? It’s obvious that he is using her to become an American citizen.. he has the stupid Liberty Statue cutout and the flag for speaking out loud, and his whole room speaks America, yet she thinks he loves her.. gawd. They have reduced her to a village belle. 
5. Aarav-Emily romance is so so so cringe! I can’t sit.. let alone stand one second of it.. I wish they had some convos between them, and then slowly fall in love.. it’s downright silly to show Emily being romantic, while Aarav putting up with it in order to not jeopardise his plans of emigrating to the US. 
I wonder how the makers will try to justify the low ratings? What tricks they can come up with to increase the ratings? Make Emily an Indian bahu? Scrap the American dream track? Unfortunately I foresee this..   the concept would have been a hit some 10-15 years back, when saas bahu shows ruled the small screen.. not now. 🤔

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

yea, initial episodes were kind of funny but it needs more depth of story if it has to be daily drama. think it would work better as a short web-episodes of limited length. 

flutterby thumbnail

Instead of showing logical things, the show is progressively becoming worse.. why in the world is Emily looking for support from Aarav? 🤢 Even Kanchan fai has been far more supportive than Aarav ever will be! And he is supposed to be her husband for crying out loud.. 🤢 

Which foreigner girl will tolerate so many people wanting her out of the house for petty reasons? 🤢 And all the stupid rules she has to follow.. ?! Instead of berating the people who could go into the kitchen to bring the goddamn aachaar, they are finding fault with Emily who actually got it, and making her swing like Tarzan in the precap! Heights of asinine behaviour!🤡

Joke is on us viewers for hoping for something new.. they are showing a joke of all the rituals, all the vrats that people are supposed to keep.. hope this stupid show shuts down soon! Ugh!

Edit 1: much better episode on 27th July except for the Tarzan shit. But bringing in Apara Mehta to teach a firangan some Indian values, a big NO! 

Edit 2: ugh! They are dragging this Apara Mehta’s track like nothing! But makes sense, it’s 6 days a week now.. 

Edit 3: More drag.. nothing new than hiding Emily from Jaibala kaki.. 😵

Edit 4: stopped watching temporarily and only reading written updates. What a waste and disappointment. 🤢

Edited by flutterby - 1 years ago