Soundarya Lahari album of Priya Sisters

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

This is Soundarya Lahari album of Priya Sisters (Haripriya & Shanmukhapriya).

Here I'm pasting a description about how was created Sundarya Lahari:

The authorship of Soundarya Lahari goes to Sri Shankara, one of the most versatile philosophers especially in Sakta cult. Besides numerous commentaries and hymns, Shankara propounded advaitha (non-dualism) philosophy which paved the way to the revival of Hinduism. Born at Kaladi, a small pastoral village in Kerala, in a Namboodiri family he was excommunicated from the community by orthodox elders as he did not tow in their lines. It is said that they even boycotted the funeral of his mother. He mastered Sanskrit which is considered as the language of Devas and in which all Vedas and Upanishads are written and acquired profound knowledge in different fields that led to his ascension to Sarvanjnapeedham, the Throne of Supreme Knowledge.

There is a school of thought that the authorship of Soundarya Lahari is quasi-divine and gives Shankara the credit of transmitting this Wonderful work to mankind only.

The story goes like this. Shankara, during his stay in Varanasi, transported himself to Kailasa, the abode of Lord Siva and on the walls he found this highly esoteric hymn was written. As he began to read the poem, Ganesha, son of Lord Siva began to erase from below as this hymn was too holy to be publicised among mortal and the great saint could read only first forty one verses. Shankara added another fifty nine verses to it to make a collection of 100 verses. There is marked difference between the two sets of verses. The first forty one verses, generally referred to as Ananda Lahari, deal exhaustively with mantra, thantra, and yantra and are highly philosophical and mystic in nature. The latter 59 verses which form the actual Soundarya Lahari (Inundation of Beauty) describe the form of Mother utilising almost all figure of speeches in Sanskrit literature. The entire 100 Slokas are referred as Soundarya Lahari."

Carnatic Devotional music. Very nice i am listening to it right now .

I can try to upload to listen only but it is very very long only 2 tracks each is over 30 mins.  Let me know if anyone enjoys music like this and wants it.
Take care. 😛
Edited by AznDesi - 17 years ago