🏏India VS Ireland 2nd and Final T20 Match🏏

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

India Squad for Ireland: Hardik Pandya to lead, Tripathi gets maiden  call-up: Follow Live

🏏India VS Ireland  2nd and Final  T20 Match🏏  

Ireland are set to host India in the 2nd and last match in the T20I series at Castle Avenue in Dublin today. India won the first match by 7 wickets after the rain restricted the game to just 12 overs an innings. 👍🏼

The home side scored 111 runs while batting first after a disappointing bowling performance from team India, who managed to take just four wickets. 

But Indian batter Deepak Hooda scored an unbeaten 47 runs off 29 balls while opening the innings to guide his team to a big win.⭐️ 

Indian management will be looking to make many  changes for this second fixture and hand a debut to uncapped stars Rahul Tripathi and Arshdeep Singh. 

Ireland will be hoping for a better impact from star batters Paul Stirling and Andy Balbirnie in the second match.

After the victory in the first T20I, India's captain Hardik Pandya had words of praise for the top scorer in the game, and the youngster who had done a rescue act for Ireland. 

For India, as Hardik had mentioned, the T20Is offer a chance for personnel to make/enhance their cases for a spot in the World Cup squad. 

As a result, the ones who did not get a chance in the first T20I could see an opportunity come their way even as there are concerns about Ruturaj Gaikwad's niggle from the first game.

IRE vs IND T20

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Pitch Report:

Castle Avenue pitch is more leaned towards the batters in t20 games. Batters from both sides scored 100 plus run in just 12 overs and we can expect another high-scoring clash on Tuesday. 

Let us hope that today, there won't  be any rain or any sort of interruption! 😃  

Probable Playing XIs:

India

Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sanju Samson (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Rahul Tripathi, Hardik Pandya (c), Venkatesh Iyer, Ravi Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umran Malik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh.

Advertisement

Ireland

Paul Stirling, Andrew Balbirnie (c), Gareth Delany, Lorcan Tucker (wk), Harry Tector, George Dockrell, Andy McBrine, Mark Adair, Craig Young, Joshua Little, Conor Olphert.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Top Picks

Sanju Samson:

The wicketkeeper batter was not included in the first match but is likely to get a nod as an opening batter in the second match.

Paul Stirling:

The experienced opener has scored 2780 runs in 103 T20I matches at an average of 29.57 and a strike rate of 134.55 so far.

George Dockrell:

The star all-rounder has taken 76 wickets in 73 T20I innings and has scored 449 runs in 50 innings so far.

Hardik Pandya:

The stand-in skipper played a good knock of 24 runs of 12 balls and also took the wicket of star batter Paul Stirling in the last match.

Craig Young:

The experienced right-arm pacer took two wickets in the last match and also completed the 50 wickets mark in T20I cricket.

Yuzvendra Chahal:

The star leg-spinner won the Player of the Match performance for his 1/11 in his three-over spell in the last match and will be a key bowler for India in the second match.

Lorcan Tucker:

The 25-year-old wicketkeeper batter scored crucial 18 runs in the last match and built up 50 runs partnership for the fourth wicket with Harry Tector.

Viswasruti thumbnail

For India, as Hardik had mentioned, the T20Is offer a chance for personnel to make/enhance their cases for a spot in the World Cup squad. As a result, the ones who did not get a chance in the first T20I could see an opportunity come their way even as there are concerns about Ruturaj Gaikwad's niggle from the first game. 

While they're assured of not losing the series, India would be walking a tight rope between treating the game as an opportunity to provide game time and going with their best eleven. 

Having already shown that they can fight back from tight spots in the first T20I, Ireland have shown promise with the bat, and would be targeting an improvement on the bowling front as well. 

Viswasruti thumbnail

When you play for India for the first time, and the journey he has taken, it's important to give such a bowler and such a talent time. Whether it was a good day or a bad day is irrelevant. For him, just to play for India is itself a very big thing, and that is something which I'm very happy for: Hardik Pandya on Umran Malik's debut

Viswasruti thumbnail

India National Cricket Team

The temperature is expected to hover around 15°C on the match day with 65% humidity and 20 km/hr wind speed. There are 18% chances of precipitation during the game. 

The Malahide Cricket Club Ground is a batting-friendly surface and is expected to promote the batters once again here. Pacers might get some help towards the latter half of the match while spinners will play a good role in the middle overs.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Average 1st innings score:

The average first innings score on this wicket is 160 runs.

Record of chasing teams:

The team batting second has great records here. They have maintained a winning percentage of 60 on this ground.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Considering the team combination, India is expected to win this match. 

Gareth Delany is a right-handed batsman and right-arm leg-break bowler from Ireland. He scored just 8 runs in the last game but can come in big in this one.

Suryakumar Yadav is a right-handed batsman from India. He got out on a duck in the last game but can score big in the upcoming match considering his potential.

Yuzvendra Chahal is a right-handed batsman and right-arm leg-break bowler from India. He took 1 wicket in the last game and can come effective here.

Bhuvneshwar Kumar is a right-handed batsman and right-arm medium pacer from India. He grabbed 1 wicket in the last match. He will be among the top fantasy picks for this match.

Savera84 thumbnail

Thanks for the tag Madhu.🤗

Cheers..

SoniRita thumbnail

Yay thanks for thread and tag