Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: Tinkerbelle88

okay if we’re doing this then. I’ll tell you what bothers me in this whole thing. The basic idea here is that we work hard so that our children don’t have to ( don’t even try to deny that). But  why is hard work or struggle is viewed as something so negative in our culture? If you’re are given everything on a platter, what do you think they’d become? If someone who hasn’t seen struggle, has not worked hard a single day in their life, been given opportunities on a platter. Do you think they can thrive in this competitive environment? Not at all cause they’re spoiled brats. In order to thrive well one has to face the world on their own. If they’re good enough, they’ll make space and name for themselves. Parents don’t need to spoon feed them everything and spoil them silly. Once they’re adults and have graduated, they’re not your responsibility anymore let them fend for themselves.

i am reminded of a interview of an old telugu actor shobhan babu who was quite famous but never paved the path for his children in films and none of his kids came into movies 

he says,  i never earned for my kids because if they are capable they will fend for themsleves and if they are not whatever i give them they will squander it away 

i am reminded of the kapoors sometimes (randhir and rajiv especially)

vcs17 thumbnail
Originally posted by: PranPriye

If the kid is not talented and the parent uses his/ her connections / money / etc. to get work for the kid, the kid would almost certainly fail at the job and get frustrated or in the worst case depressed. That isn't good for the kid or the parent. If Palak means her Mom spending on her acting classes or dance classes or something, that's okay because then her  parent is helping her to get the skill sets, work ethics so that Palak cam face the challenges of an actor and hopefully find success.

this is a good point, I sometimes feel maybe some of these star kids would also have been happier doing something else instead of having this foisted on this, again all star parents may not be doing this but you defintely get the vibe from recent ones like movies are the only option

Tinkerbelle88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: vcs17

i am reminded of a interview of an old telugu actor shobhan babu who was quite famous but never paved the path for his children in films and none of his kids came into movies 

he says,  i never earned for my kids because if they are capable they will fend for themsleves and if they are not whatever i give them they will squander it away 

i am reminded of the kapoors sometimes (randhir and rajiv especially)

that’s a very good point, I completely agree with you here. Also I would to like to add Madhavan’s example. He fully supports his son who has chosen a different path for himself based on his own merit, hard work and talent. He has not forced him into films just because he has connections or because it would be easier for him to debut in it. He let his son choose his own path and supported him completely. That’s parenting done right in my opinion.

A parent’s job is to give good values to the kids, educate them, teach them the value of hard work and guide and support them towards choosing their own path. The rest in your own journey.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: vcs17

this is a good point, I sometimes feel maybe some of these star kids would also have been happier doing something else instead of having this foisted on this, again all star parents may not be doing this but you defintely get the vibe from recent ones like movies are the only option

I wouldn't necessarily say getting into showbiz is being foisted on them though, maybe they think it's easy money and the fame also comes along, apart from having an obvious easy entry, atleast much more easy as compared to the outsiders, and think about it, they barely have to act 😆And most of them are so mediocre, talentless and plastic that it's annoying, BW is definitely degrading. 

vcs17 thumbnail
Originally posted by: infinity101

I wouldn't necessarily say getting into showbiz is being foisted on them though, maybe they think it's easy money and the fame also comes along, apart from having an obvious easy entry, atleast much more easy as compared to the outsiders, and think about it, they barely have to act 😆And most of them are so mediocre, talentless and plastic that it's annoying, BW is definitely degrading. 

foisted maybe an exaggeration and I agree that most come in for easy money and fame 

but we don't know the mental state atleast some of them living under a famous parents's shadow and once they becomes failures they are not even trained to do anything else, somebody like randhir kapoor, kumar gaurav, tushar kapoor 

of course they still have money, resources and can make a life for themselves which is why as tinker belle says making them capable of their own decisions is most important

vcs17 thumbnail

the best these nepokids can do currenty is just accept humbly that yes i have privelege and I am using it and I am grateful for it but will work hard to  and use the oppurtunity wisely and will be respectful of audience and and hope I can contribute to the industry instead of making these convoluted arguments to justify it

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

this is another entitled view in a very twisted way… as a parent ofc one has to make sure to give your kid a good life which is basically a  proper  education, encouragement  and support for whatever profession it is . But Bollywood takes it a notch higher coz they literally can use their connections so that their kids gets movies even without an audition  and in such an industry such manipulation is very easy and hence all these parents are doing everything they can by hook or crook . But it is nepotism nothing else . one cant deny it . By doing so I feel parents are spoiling their kids coz even if they might get the movies .. can they last ??? why not use this energy where their true potential is ? A Doctor can help his kid by giving best coaching classes and educational resources but do they have an option to clear the exam for their kid  or should they use some other means to give an easy admission for their kid ? doing later will make them good parent ? I dont think so ..

bolly industry has some leverage unlike other professions  which these parents misuse and might think am doing great  parenthood but in reality they are creating an easy path which will eventually hurt their own kids … and if they truly want to help their kids atleast teach them how to act .. basic expectation!!! 

Why do all these obvious beneficiaries of nepotism always have something to say about it? 

At least she doesn’t sound totally tone deaf though! That’s my major pet peeve! 

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Ok. Show me one parent in the world who has a good relationship with children and still leaves what he has to someone else.

Tell me your parents will.

Tell me you will.

You can call it nepotism. I call it being a family. I believe 95%+ of the world will agree. 

People don't work only for themselves. They work for their families as much as they work for themselves. What kind of selfishness it would be to not consider family in the equation. And no, feeding outsiders in place of your own family is not selflessness. It simply makes you a terrible parent. 

Ya i know one example, he came from rich but due to his father lost everything and went into debts. With his own talent he rises back again and now he is back to glory. He built a Sai baba temple in his town. He has only one son. He gave his son the best education and even sent him to australia for higher studies ... But when comes to giving all his hard earned property, once he and his wife dies all his property will go to temple.

When his wife and others asked he simply said i worked hard to reach where i am. I am a self made man. And as my responsibility i gave the best education and manners to my son, now it is his turn to go into the world prove himself and earn himself. 

I know the story looks unrealistic but true. Such father's do exist in this generation also. He literally wrote everything to the temple... I cannot reveal more details, sorry....

Whenever i read nepo discuss i remember him 🤓

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: PangaNaLe

So what are we supposed to do then?

I don’t know but if you have arbitrary rules of I won’t watch movie where the lead got the role unethically. Your gonna run out of movies 😂