Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Unfortunately there’s too many examples of this favoritism being done by other people also. KJO is not the only one. Lots of people do it. Even outsiders who get power. 

Sure there are, but KJo would likely be a bigger celebrity than most of them. He's more visible in media and holds alot more power, so more comments on him. 

Edited by PangaNaLe - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: PangaNaLe

Sure there are, but KJo would likely be a bigger celebrity than most of them. He's more visible on media and holds alot more power, so more comments on him. 

Fine comment on him

But doing something “unethical” doesn’t make it less “unethical” cause someone less famous does it. People are affected the same imho. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Theres documented proof outsiders do this when they start getting power 😆

it’s because it happened to them 

PangaNaLe thumbnail

Fine comment on him

But doing something “unethical” doesn’t make it less “unethical” cause someone less famous does it. People are affected the same imho. 

Yeah it doesn't. And they would get comments as well. Just less because they're less famous and influential. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

it’s because it happened to them 

It’s because every human is selfish 😂 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Yeah it doesn't. And they would get comments as well. Just less because they're less famous and influential. 

My point is if it happens this often. It’s just how the culture of the industry is. 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 1 years ago
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Ok. Show me one parent in the world who has a good relationship with children and still leaves what he has to someone else.

Tell me your parents will.

Tell me you will.

You can call it nepotism. I call it being a family. I believe 95%+ of the world will agree. 

People don't work only for themselves. They work for their families as much as they work for themselves. What kind of selfishness it would be to not consider family in the equation. And no, feeding outsiders in place of your own family is not selflessness. It simply makes you a terrible parent. 

smiley36Even after folks have pointed out how it is unethical, we are still going hoarse supporting nepotism? smiley36

yea, we can show you lots of parents who give away a lot of their wealth, and dont leave it for their kids. Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, a lot of evolved Americans. I understand charity as a concept has not yet reached everywhere, but i would still imagine we have all heard about guys like Buffett and Gates?  Yes?

by the way, i know folks whose philosophy is they dont want to cut their children's legs by giving them a huge inheritance. They made sure the kids work hard.  It might not be easy for folks to grasp, but leaving too much money for the kids can actually weaken them... and lead them to doing wrong things. Some of us would in fact be fine if our parents did not leave us anything. I can argue that's a more evolved philosophy than the one you are espousing. 

anyway, what you call family can also be called selfish and unethical... when it crosses a certain threshold. It does not acknowledge the many contributions that society and distant forefathers and random people have made in making us successful. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

That was a very clever, well articulated, and a very manipulative (they are not shaming me, they are shaming my mother) statement. But she’s wrong.  

No one is begrudging her mother or any parent for doing everything they can for their children. But the topic was nepotism. Her mother’s connection with the industry still makes her entry into the industry nepotism, or cronyism if you want to get very technical. She still got in because of her connection and not on merit. Her argument definitely reeks of entitlement because she’s very clearly implying she deserves to get in because of all the hard work her mother put in. So much so that she’s even turning the tables around on the critics of nepotism with her “you are shaming the parent” argument. As I said above, this is extremely manipulative on her part. I’m almost impressed 😆.  She can enjoy all the fruits of her mother’s hard work including getting easy entry into Bollywood. Unfortunately that is the reality of today’s Bollywood and no one can stop it from happening. But she absolutely neither deserves the easy entry for just being born to Shweta Tiwari nor is she entitled to it. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail

My point is if it happens this often. It’s just how the culture of the industry is. 

So what are we supposed to do then?

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

For how long are "children" supposed to depend on their parents? Kids can inherit all the property, house, private companies if parents have one but that's different than a parent gifting a job or career to his child. Lets say parents even helped their grown up kid to get his foot on the door, but from there the kid has to make his own path, and if he's still dependent on his parents after that and feels like he deserves it then he's just being entitled. 

In Bollywood you see nepokids kept on being casted again and again in lead roles even after the audience has rejected them. Ofcourse parents would still help their child but nobody is going to hold that person in high regard who is still dependent on his parents. People would just call him what he is, a loser!

And it's not even like these nepokids are working only in films made by their parents. Bollywood has a system of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours", where producers follow a caste system of only casting nepokids in their circle, no matter whose kid they are. If Palak ever debuts in Bollywood, it won't be a film produced by Shweta. Someone like Salman would launch her who has no blood relation with her. 

If these nepokids think they deserve a chance in movies just because their parents have connections, then no, you just got it because of your parents and you should feel obliged and not entitled. And shaming talentless nepos is not shaming their parents. What sort of logic is that? 

Also parents can encourage their kids to go in other fields as well. Something in which their kid is good at instead of getting their kid a permanent tag of a failure by the whole world. That's a sign of good parent as well. But most of these nepokids don't have any interest in acting and just want to become famous. Obviously audience would call them out if they see bad acting by actors who are only there because of nepotism. 

well said, if parents have the right to give their money to their kids (which yeah nobody can question or stop) we are spending our hard earned money on watching them and have the right to call out any low quality product as with any product we want to buy 

with OTT etc people have now woken to what quality can mean, example abhishek's performance in big bull vs pratik gandhi in scam 1992 (same role), it was chalk and cheese, another dhadkan vs sairat

i actually like abhiskek, he is a decent guy but now as audience you start feeling cheated, so far he was fine, actually thought his guru performance was good, but now I think what if it was done by somebody else, same for gunjan saxena, neeraja....

this is why audience is rejecting lot of movies , they want quality, just as with any other product we buy, films no longer have monopoly on audience viewership and they can look elsewhere