Posted: 3 months ago

I found this on my feed

She has an entitled view but she explains it quite well

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeYWDOdKBkb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Good point, but when you start blocking outsiders and throwing people out of projects - then it becomes nepotism in its ugliest forms. 

I don't know who she is, but I don't know what's so entitled about what she said. I can guarantee most of what I earned is going to my kids after my lifetime. If anyone here says otherwise, they're probably not being honest.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 months ago

She does sound very entitled. No parents don’t owe us anything, everyone has an individual journey. If your parents have worked hard and given you a comfortable life doesn’t mean you’ll get the easy way into everything. That reeks of entitlement like saying you’ve worked for me now provide me with easy opportunities as well. This way we are creating a generation of good for nothing, entitled, lazy bums. If you want success, earn it and work your ass off for it just like your parents did. They don’t owe this to you, you owe it to yourself.

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle88

She does sound very entitled. No parents don’t owe us anything, everyone has an individual journey. If your parents have worked hard and given you a comfortable life doesn’t mean you’ll get the easy way into everything. That reeks of entitlement like saying you’ve worked for me now provide me with easy opportunities as well. This way we are creating a generation of good for nothing, entitled, lazy bums. If you want success, earn it and work your ass off for it just like your parents did. They don’t owe this to you, you owe it to yourself.

She didn't say parents owed.

She said parents work hard to make a better life for their children and are perfectly justified in leaving what they made for their children.

Nowhere did she say children shouldn't have to work hard on their own.

Entitlement is demanding some unrelated party spend his or her hard-earned money and reputation on your career because... well simply because you want to be a movie star. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 months ago

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

She didn't say parents owed.

She said parents work hard to make a better life for their children and are perfectly justified in leaving what they made for their children.

it’s the same thing. She is saying that you work for me to make my life better/easier.That’s entitlement. She made it about herself. 

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle88

it’s the same thing. She is saying that you work for me to make my life better/easier.That’s entitlement. She made it about herself. 

Not quite sure how you get that.

My parents worked hard to make a better life for me. I have enough confidence in their love for me to state that. I don't feel entitled to the fruits of their labor, but I do realize they did for me and my siblings. 

I will work hard for my children as well. And I would hope they understand the love that goes behind it.

I can't imagine growing up without that sense of belonging with someone, knowing they'll have your back. It's not entitlement. It's family.

Originally posted by priya185

I found this on my feed

She has an entitled view but she explains it quite well

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeYWDOdKBkb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Love what she says.....absolutely....smiley20