Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Heisenberg17 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Private money is private money. As long as not being used for illegal activities, nothing wrong in how they spend it.

I'm not obligated to spend a penny on my neighbor's kid no matter how talented he might be. it's my right to spend my last penny on my own if that's what I wish. No one else has a say in it. No one else needs to support my kid's activities by buying tickets, either.

Yes, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's unethical.  The funniest thing is seeing SRK fans championing nepotism. 😆  There was a time when SRK fans used to take pride in the fact that SRK was an outsider, now they have been reduced to justifying nepotism in order to defend his kids in Bollywood, the irony. 😆

Can business owners discriminate against genders, races, religion on the basis of "private money"?

Edited by Heisenberg17_ - 1 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Heisenberg17_

Yes, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's unethical.  The funniest thing is seeing SRK fans championing nepotism. 😆  There was a time when SRK fans used to take pride in the fact that SRK was an outsider, now they have been reduced to justifying nepotism in order to defend his kids in Bollywood, the irony. 😆

Can business owners discriminate against genders, races, religion on the basis of "private money"?

There are laws against discrimination. Not a single law prevents private businesses from hiring their own kids over anyone else. 

And unethical how? Every species in the animal kingdom places more importance on own offspring. Sure, as humans, we need to make sure of a certain  baseline. Beyond that, I do not owe my neighbor's kid.

Also, yeah... you can laud someone for making it on his own *and* still understand private property is not communal property. We're not in Stalinist Russia after all.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

So what???!!! Should every actor/star-kid avoid to be an actor in order to not being labled as a nepo-kid?! What logic would THAT be???

So, what does an actor's kid have to do - in your opinion - to not be called incessantly a nepo-kid or having got work because of nepotism?

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: shandi23

Hello ,i am Shandi Cabrera from united states of America and i am supportive,caring and also i have a passionate of true love in my heart. and i will like us to know each other more to establish a good relationship and please try to write me at (shandiby01@ gmail.com) then i send you my pictures then introduce myself more better to you ok, thanks.

Oh bhatke hue yaatri, who told you, your soulmate is hiding in a thread about nepotism? 

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: shandi23

Hello ,i am Shandi Cabrera from united states of America and i am supportive,caring and also i have a passionate of true love in my heart. and i will like us to know each other more to establish a good relationship and please try to write me at (shandiby01@ gmail.com) then i send you my pictures then introduce myself more better to you ok, thanks.

How nice, Shandi!

Ignore the trolls and please respond to me at (312) 421-6700

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

There are laws against discrimination. Not a single law prevents private businesses from hiring their own kids over anyone else. 

And unethical how? Every species in the animal kingdom places more importance on own offspring. Sure, as humans, we need to make sure of a certain  baseline. Beyond that, I do not owe my neighbor's kid.

Also, yeah... you can laud someone for making it on his own *and* still understand private property is not communal property. We're not in Stalinist Russia after all.

So private money isn't very private if there are laws restricting business owners over who they can hire.  Sure, there's no law preventing you from engaging in nepotism, still it's unethical to do so, do I really need to spell out why nepotism is unethical? 😆  Animals raise their infants to a certain extent, and then they are on their own to fend for themselves, if anything, their world is more based on merit, as it's survival of the fittest, unlike nepotism. 😆

No doubt, but look at the pathetic state of Bollywood today, no originality, mediocrity, talentless nepo kids that no-one asked for nor demanded. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Heisenberg17_

So private money isn't very private if there are laws restricting business owners over who they can hire.  Sure, there's no law preventing you from engaging in nepotism, still it's unethical to do so, do I really need to spell out why nepotism is unethical? 😆  Animals raise their infants to a certain extent, and then they are on their own to fend for themselves, if anything, their world is more based on merit, as it's survival of the fittest, unlike nepotism. 😆

No doubt, but look at the pathetic state of Bollywood today, no originality, mediocrity, talentless nepo kids that no-one asked for nor demanded. 

Demanding that my money should go to someone else's kid is what's unethical and immoral. Pretending otherwise doesn't make it so.

I understand the need for taxes for society to keep functioning. I do charity. Anything else you (generic you) demand I do with my money for your (generic your) kid is coercion. Stalin did that in the name of community good. He was just as much a thief as the random robber.

With re: nepo kids. Your money that you fork out for tickets is also private money.😆 AFAIK, no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy tickets to those films.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Rangeelaa

I think the problem arises when the nepo kids are shoved in our faces IE Alia, Ananya, etc

The debate took off once articles were published on how Alia was 1 film old but still got biggie directors movies just because KJO pushed her in their faces. 

It just creates like monopoly market which doesn’t sit right.

That plus idiots like this guy who don’t understand why people have a outrage towards Nepotism and act like they are victims.

This!!  Yes KJo can do whatever he wants to do with his own money and his own production house. But it’s pretty much been accepted that he’s gone beyond his own business to get things for Alia. That’s a huge problem. 

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

Demanding that my money should go to someone else's kid is what's unethical and immoral. Pretending otherwise doesn't make it so.

I understand the need for taxes for society to keep functioning. I do charity. Anything else you (generic you) demand I do with my money for your (generic your) kid is coercion. Stalin did that in the name of community good. He was just as much a thief as the random robber.

With re: nepo kids. Your money that you fork out for tickets is also private money.😆 AFAIK, no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy tickets to those films.

Demanding that I should hire X race or Y gender is also unethical and immoral. 

A good businessman sees what the market wants, there is no demand for these talentless nepo kids, and unfortunately, they're gonna learn the hard way. 😆

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Private money is private money. As long as not being used for illegal activities, nothing wrong in how they spend it.

I'm not obligated to spend a penny on my neighbor's kid no matter how talented he might be. it's my right to spend my last penny on my own if that's what I wish. No one else has a say in it. No one else needs to support my kid's activities by buying tickets, either.

You absolutely are not obligated to spend money on your neighbor’s kid. But if you spend your money to bribe the dean of a college to get your kid the last spot in a big school while your neighbor’s kid is more qualified then both you and the dean of the school have done something wrong.

No one is saying star kids shouldn’t want to become actors. But make it a fair playing field. Hold real auditions and let them audition in the same manner that an unknown face and body auditions in front of the casting team. Is that even possible in Bollywood anymore? I don’t think so.  And the mere fact that this might not even be doable in Bollywood where star kids get exposed and “photographed” by paparazzi 2-3 years before they are even signed for a movie speaks of how all the big stars have turned the whole system into a monopolizing mess.