Deepika's decision to talk about her mental health...

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 5 months ago

...was a very brave one. I really respect her for that. She knew it would be a foil for trolls, she knew it opened her up to mockery and misunderstandings, yet she took the call.

My sincere respect for her has only grown after that decision.

More power to her!

I know this post comes a bit late in the day, but Deepika is a brave woman!!!!

I was watching this interview of hers with Brakha Dutt and it brought tears to my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srGbyn8Ad5E

Anushka gave an interview in Vogue about her diagnosed anxiety and medication to some fan-fare. Deepika saw the response and then came up with an even bigger campaign. No one even remembers Anushka's thing now smiley36

Originally posted by semantic.error

Anushka gave an interview in Vogue about her diagnosed anxiety and medication to some fan-fare. Deepika saw the response and then came up with an even bigger campaign. No one even remembers Anushka's thing now smiley36

These photos make sense now.

3148DAED-4D11-4CB3-B41F-5C2C9F1BC35B.jpegFB52E9B1-6C62-445F-9C6B-81C50606EACD.jpeg

Originally posted by semantic.error

Anushka could have blame her surgeries on her anxieties 😭

Originally posted by crispsy

Anushka could have blame her surgeries on her anxieties 😭

Poor Anushka got so brave, so brave comments for like 5 minutes before everyone moved on to Deepika smiley36

I have always appreciated any celebrity opening up about depression or similar issues......I also think it is very brave and nice of Deepika to open about hers.......Especially in India where depression and any mental health issue is dismissed off as 'pagalpan' or nothing at all.....people are generally wary about discussing their depression with their family or friends for the fear of being mocked.....and when a huge celebrity like Deepu or Anushka talk about it....it brings some normalcy to these otherwise taboo problems....people look at Deepu and think that ...she faced depression...she went to the doctors and she looks absolutely normal....it can't be that bad that I can't tell my parents or a close friend about my problem...it gives a hope that all is not lost.....so kudos to Deepu, Anu and whoever chooses to talk about it and also  lot of appreciation for their spouses and family for standing by them...smiley20

Mock people when they talk about their mental health struggles and write depression killed him when he killed himself. That's society for ya. 

Let's say she's 100%, absolutely, positively lied about being depressed. So? She's not saying anything nutzoid like Tom Cruise and dismissing it. DP's stance might actually prompt more patients to be open about it. No matter what you think of her and her admission, she did some good.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 5 months ago