Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Do you still watch Bollywood movies?

Poll

Do you still watch Bollywood movies?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Posted: 1 years ago

Just wondering if y'all still watch Bollywood movies with the same level of interest as you did before?

Speaking for me, none of them spark my interest these days. The only one I'm looking forward to actually watch is Bhool Bhulaiya 2 as soon as they dump it on Netflix. Beyond that, my interest level is zero!

Creative bankruptcy,

Cheap remakes by brain dead directors/producers,

Cheap remixes of songs by brain dead music composers,

and

Attack of nepo clones who simply don't inspire me to wanna watch them onscreen 

have all come together to create this dystopian industry where nothing sparks my interest anymore! 

Can anyone relate?! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Yes I do watch Bollywood movies but I avoid watching remakes (especially in the cinema) and I am fed up with nepotism (if I find the star kids untalented)

loveandhope9204 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

My Dad is a Hollywood Movie buff, although he knows about well known stars in Bollywood and their work. I had to DRAG him and my family to watch Om Shanti Om (back in 2007 I think) - with how greatly it was promoted and it was star studded. I wanted to redeem Bollywood in his eyes and prove to him, that BW produces good Cinema too.

And I was in a Facepalm mode THROUGHOUT in the theatre, embarrassed by how silly I thought the film was, the overacting, and SRK overhyping himself in the movie, glorifying him after rebirth etc. I am like, MEH. Gone are the days of subtle and beautiful story telling. I guess 90s and upto 2005 was films were decent and then it became Masala stuff, with nimbu, mirch marke tadka, but no real good stuff.

So to answer your question, from that day on? I stopped watching BW films altogether. So nope, not watching any. Same with iTV.

The only ones I dared to watch post 2007 were Kangana's films like Queen, TWMR. Those were good & I watched them upon a lot of insistence & yes, those were good. 

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

No. I don't watch them for all the reasons that are mentioned in the poll.

Never watched too many movies while growing up. Small town India did not have TV either at that time. Watched 1-2 films during summer vacation and those were mostly Telugu films.

If any movie which my parents felt that we should watch they used to tell us what the movie is all about and clear our doubts after we finished watching the movie. Those movies could be Telugu Hindi or English.

During college days hardly watched any movies

I watched most Bollywood films frequently once I started working and I had a host of colleagues who were Film buffs mostly Hindi films, specially SRK and Aamir Khan films but then I found them less and less entertaining and decided it's not really worth my hard earned free time or money. 

Now I can't bear to sit in a theatre for 3 hours even if it is some posh multiplex theater.

If I heard good things about the movie  I used to wait for them to be telecast on TV but now I wait for them to come on OTT however big movie it is.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

The interest in new films has plummeted so bad. I can't recall the last time I watched a new release or felt excited. Initially I thought it's because I'm growing up or probably unable to adapt to the transitions. However, the lack of interest is chiefly generated by the bad quality shit they produce and the influx of unbelievably bad nepotism beneficiaries. 

Same with the music. I went from listening to most film albums to barely liking one forgettable song in a year.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

No. For the same reasons you mentioned.

No plot, bad acting, bad filmmaking, bad music. The remakes or dubbed movies which succeed among the usual Bollywood audience are terrible.

Yeah, regional cinema (not the ones Bollywood chooses to remake) has good content, and there are some OTT series I follow.

But Bollywood keeps making the same mistakes. They keep following trends instead of telling stories. So we get slick but poorly told war movies, costume dramas, or fight scenes masquerading as thrillers. 

If they invested half the money in writers and actual acting classes for their actors that they did in costumes, VFX, slick cinematography, PR, etc., they'd find more success. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Even among the movies available on OTT platoforms I only check out the movies of few upcoming actors like Ayushman Khurana, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Rajkumar Rao. Used to watch some of Irfan Khan's movies too.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

There was this explosion of creativity in Bollywood in the first half of the 10s, peaking in 2012. Even when the film's weren't great, you could see what the makers were trying to do. It was also early days for the post Dabangg masala film boom, and even they were pretty fun back then too. But these same directors have become more and more stale, recycling the same plotlines and character sketches. To the point where it is pretty much unwatchable now. 

I think Anurag Kashyap becoming friends with Karan Johar was when this new dark age truly started. 

YourCat thumbnail

Last I watched Bhool Bhulaiya 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Hardly. Though I still watch some good old comedy ones to have a good laugh every once in a while. 

Edited by infinity101 - 1 years ago