Fan Fiction Section Features Wish List & Task List - Page 4

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by vijay

Have more filters in Fan Fiction so that we can see stories based on their status like Ongoing / Completed.

Basically a better search.

This is last one, then I'm done smiley36

Regarding filtering, can it be like advanced search options  - being able to add different things at once, like search a specific genre with original vs fanfiction. Completed vs Ongoing. Selecting the age appropriate rating (whatever system you end up putting in place).

Also can add searching by specific author - though i know you can go to member profile and find fics that way too but sometimes that's just an extra step that takes you away from the FF section, so maybe this will be easier.

Firstly I would like to thank the technical team and Vijay for granting our long due wish and allowing mature content. I know it wasn't an easy decision for you, but I appreciate that India forums have always stood by what their members want. Thank you FFEs and BRs for all the support needed to convince the admin for this big move.

I am coming to the new fan fiction site. Honestly, I like almost everything the site has to offer. Not because it has been my baby but to see how far IF come to cater for its members. To some extent I agree with many authors here, the interaction is a bit less in the FF section compared to the forums but I also believe it will take a bit of time. It is just 1-11/2 year the new site has been launched and we have quite a decent number of stories in the section in such less time.

Edited by Koeli - 1 years ago

There should be a system to lock the FF post by the FFEs especially when a story is plagiarised. Along with that, there should be a DT NT section on the summary page of each story. Currently, there is no place where a DT can be put and we don't want to put it up in a summary or author note.

There should be a system of deleting the story forever. It creates a big issue for those who are migrating their stories. Say, If a member by mistake migrates thread one and thread two as two separate stories, it's not possible to merge them unless one of them is totally deleted. These mistakes are common so I feel there should be a system that can be revertable. Maybe the rights can remain with the FFEs so that at least they can fix this.

We should have a fixed place for rules and that should be visible on every page. Right now we are using a featured story slot. We would like to maximise that place. Can we also have a contest alert tab (blinky/animated) when we have content that tab blinks or something?

Can we have some fixed sections somewhere where the readers get to choose stories of their liking, like Original stories, Y/A, Horror, Comedy, Romance, Teen, Fan Fiction, Mytho, etc

There should be a vault system where all the plagiarised stories can be shifted and only DTs and FFEs should have access to it for reference.

Just like we have a section for the latest stories, we should also have a section for popular stories or stories that are updated frequently. There can be a prompt system (maybe an indicating like or blinky) in the main forum whenever a story of that show is posted or migrated.

I think locking the plagiarized stories is a really great idea. 👍🏼

There should be an option for filing complaints if any member notices plagiarism or spamming.

However, I disagree with the idea of FFEs to have access to lock any story otherwise since a writer should have full liberty on how he/she wants to proceed with his/her stories as long as no rule has been violated. 

Originally posted by Nush_Rat

I think locking the plagiarized stories is a really great idea. 👍🏼

There should be an option for filing complaints if any member notices plagiarism or spamming.

However, I disagree with the idea of FFEs to have access to lock any story otherwise since a writer should have full liberty on how he/she wants to proceed with his/her stories as long as no rule has been violated. 

Locking stories is only applicable for plagiarism cases not for regular stories.