Jagannath aur Purvi ki Dosti Anokhi

Character: purity of Soul not body

velvetscarf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Ok i know most of us feel quite upset by Purvi’s pregnancy but actually, clumsy & uncomfortable  as it is, the point made is super important

Whether a woman is of good Character/ characterless is not about bodily purity or virginity, its about goodness of heart and soul society should change its mindset. 

I am actually shocked and thrilled to see this point raised on ITv 

As Khushwant singh said we desis are obsessed with ‘nara morality’ our judgement of morality starts & ends with what ppl do with their pajamas 

Who is better? Purvi or Babu? Or Tripathi with his nastiness & treachery? How about all these friends & neighbours who turned their backs on Jagannath Misra & his family. 
when he was in hospital & needed funds for treatment it was Purvi who sold her jewelry & cared for them, she carried his bedpan. Not his children who couldn’t be bothered to come or send money. Though they’re seeming to change now… these so called neighbours couldn’t be bothered to ask if they could help

Edited by velvetscarf - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moor278 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Havent watched the show.. just came across the clip so I asked... but this looks like a valid and important poiint👏

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Very well summed up.  👏  thanks for sharing 👍🏼 

Tripathi only thinking of his political image,  Babu - less said the better.  He hasn't got a spine to stand up to his dad.  

Misra children - I still don't trust Alok.  A son who can cheat his own father cannot be trusted. Even his mind set is backward and yet he wanted to work in USA.  (wanted his dad to chuck out Purvi).

Baby - how long she did housework for Misras? still don't understand them and gives support to people of town.

velvetscarf thumbnail
Originally posted by: Moor278

Havent watched the show.. just came across the clip so I asked... but this looks like a valid and important poiint👏

Hehe, just took the opportunity to introduce ppl to this underrated gem of a show🤭
We all watch trash of course and crib like anything but this show was so heartwarming up to now & its still logical & real

velvetscarf thumbnail

Yes exactly

Spineless babu actually turned out to be very treacherous. He slept with and abandoned a girl to punish her for slapping him. He is his father’s son

I think its this point about peoples loyalty being to a role or position rather than to the person and the underlying person is irrelevant. 
i dont know exactly how to explain it, but its like a list of approved textbook qualities assigned to people: husband, wife, father, mother, girls, boys, neighbours.
No one looks under the surface or values the individual. Every relationship is transactional & conditional. I think its to do with stage of society. Like in the western world ppl go to extreme of individualism here ppl have to abide by norms and don’t have a value as individuals kind of like cardboard cut outs

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Too true.  It’s a reality in India especially in small villages. I live in UK and have lived in E.Africa so broad minded.  

When I see itv shows or Bollywood films where the way village girls/women treated and those villages run by panchayat, I cannot tolerate. 

Kudos to the makers of the show. As you said the show is under estimated. Viewers prefer saas bahu dramas where FL is shown as mahan despite being ill treated by saas and nanand.  Might be viewers see themselves being portrayed on screen 😆

To be honest I was disappointed with the show when the children returned to banaras.  To me the show is about Jagannath and purvi’s friendship so hope the show will be back on right track with more of their dosti and less of children 

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Nice Summary 

I Hate Babu. 

He Didn't Marry Purvi His A Loser.

Butterflybot thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I really liked the way you have explained everything.

Whether a woman is of good Character/ characterless is not about bodily purity or virginity, its about goodness of heart and soul society should change its mindset. 

Loved this line...