Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Your opinion about what Nawaz is saying here?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

A majority of the industry is from Bombay where most people grow up speaking English primarily. So, it is natural to speak English. It is not that people cannot or will not speak Hindi. But the brain naturally thinks in and reverts to the language you are most fluent in. 

But no one should be left out on account of language either. If someone is not comfortable with English or doesn't have a strong command, the workplace needs to make accommodations to ensure that they can understand and are comfortable. 

NathuPyare thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

A majority of the industry is from Bombay where most people grow up speaking English primarily. So, it is natural to speak English. It is not that people cannot or will not speak Hindi. But the brain naturally thinks in and reverts to the language you are most fluent in. 

But no one should be left out on account of language either. If someone is not comfortable with English or doesn't have a strong command, the workplace needs to make accommodations to ensure that they can understand and are comfortable. 

Seems like u missed what the anchor said after Nawaz stopped talking about talking in English. 😆

Edited by NathuPyare - 1 years ago
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I agree. The actors or directors not being able to speak Hindi actually impacts the end product also. I don't have an issue with English being the point of connect between people from different states across the country or as a language of convenience. However, making movies is an art and language is so powerful that a strong hold on the native language can do wonders in terms of tapping the rich diversity a language offers, be it through poetry or just the old films and their songs. Language is knowledge and if one is working in "Hindi" film industry, they should be able to obtain that knowledge well enough. There is a reason why you get that legendary feeling with people like Amitabh Bacchan with his excellent command over the language ruling KBC till date! 

The young actors can barely speak in Hindi and their horrible accented English is such a put off, the problem is ki this shows in their acting and the movies also. The lack of passion and lack of respect by not putting enough efforts towards learning the language spills all over. In the recent lot, totally totally respect Ayushmann for his command over the language, beautiful ! And he takes pride in it too. 

NathuPyare thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: guftagoo

I agree. The actors or directors not being able to speak Hindi actually impacts the end product also. I don't have an issue with English being the point of connect between people from different states across the country or as a language of convenience. However, making movies is an art and language is so powerful that a strong hold on the native language can do wonders in terms of tapping the rich diversity a language offers, be it through poetry or just the old films and their songs. Language is knowledge and if one is working in "Hindi" film industry, they should be able to obtain that knowledge well enough. There is a reason why you get that legendary feeling with people like Amitabh Bacchan with his excellent command over the language ruling KBC till date! 

The young actors can barely speak in Hindi and their horrible accented English is such a put off, the problem is ki this shows in their acting and the movies also. The lack of passion and lack of respect by not putting enough efforts towards learning the language spills all over. In the recent lot, totally totally respect Ayushmann for his command over the language, beautiful ! And he takes pride in it too. 

Couldn't have said it better 👍

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

If I recall it right, even Amitabh ask for script in devnagari , i doubt recent starlets could even read Hindi properly

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Personally I can speak English w people speaking back to me in Punjabi and the conversation flows fine. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Baat to sahi Kar rahe hai. 

But that's the difference between regional film industry n Bollywood. 

In regional u have the cast n crew from that particular region..everyone understands the language. BW is a melting pot of cultures though it makes movies in Hindi. 

Most of them r good with Hindi but it's not the first language for many. So they may not think in Hindi and may not be able to put their point across..or the other person may not be able to grasp. 

Not that English is our first language but majority of English medium bred New Gen thinks in English..specially if parents belong to different regions. Same reason for hindi script written in English😊 It's weird but that's what it is. Change is needed but honestly I don't see it coming.

BW is a pan India industry ..that's the reason those movies release nationwide and not just in hindi belt.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

People who work in *Hindi* film industry should at least take the trouble to learn the language. 

But Nawaz is talking about communication on set. English has become the first language for many. They ARE communicating naturally.

Although if you're going to hire Nawaz, who you know works best in Hindi communication, I don't know why they wouldn't give him script in Hindi. Also, make sure he understands what's going on. 

altgr thumbnail

Scripts are written in English or Hinglish?