Suggestions / Comments

New Feature / Site Updates we have on our list - Page 2

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
This content was originally posted by-smallwonder

The other suggestion I had is related to the genre I have always been active in, and the reason of me finding IF - which is reality shows. 

I suggest we should have some show (and season) specific badges. If we take Big Boss in particular, I feel there should be "contestant badges" available that one could "wear" to show who you are supporting - or whose team you are in smiley17 It doesn't need to be anything flashy, a simple mention of name would be enough that one could choose to display on their user info panel on their posts. Of course, loyalties change as the show moves on, and so this should be a thing that can be changed and updated anytime. I feel it would add a sense of belonging and cultivate more interest in discussions. Would also avoid unnecessary confrontation of someone misinterpreting your post when you are already displaying who you support. A possible loose end is that someone can use these badges just to infuriate a certain section of the members. But am sure we can find a way over it.

We were just discussing this internally few days back with regards to IPL team and we can show the team whom we are supporting. And idea we were exploring was to have similar systems for different forums.

So in IPL forum it would be IPL Teams and For Bigg Boss it would be BB contestants and similarly the same thing for other forums which the mods of those forum decide.. 😊

Will be exploring it further if it gets enough votes .. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail

Badges for FanFic Graphicers on completing 10 / 50 / 100 / 250 / 500 / 1000.

vijay thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Chir-Cute

I don't know if this is a feasible request but can we have a personalised calendar tab on our profiles to mark our IF friends' special days like birthdays etc. The beauty of IF is that we don't know each other in person but we share really nice bonding with most people and therefore would like to celebrate their big days with them. So a calendar would be nice for people like me who do tend to forget special days and events ðŸ˜†

2 things we can do:

a) A simple calendar page to show upcoming birthdays of buddies.

b) On user's birthday we can send notify all his/her buddies and enable them to wish the user easily.

Let's see how many users wish for this feature. Kindly vote this up if you wish to have this feature.

vijay thumbnail

Direct image upload capability in Forum Posts. 

Well it has been on our list for the longest and requested by so many members.

Recently we made some good progress in this regard. We are aiming to roll this out next week for Active DTs so that we can fine tune the feature before enabling it other user groups.

We will place some reasonable restrictions like number of images a user group can upload in a day/month etc.

Please vote this up if you feel its an important feature we should prioritise.

UPDATE:

This feature is LIVE.

Please read more about this here: 
Direct Image Upload feature now Active

Edited by vijay - 1 years ago
vijay thumbnail

In the current system we have Post Quick Jump but it just shows 2 tab.

Topic Creators and My Posts in the current Topic. Instead of this we want to make it like Who Posted in This Topic.

Basically it provides the whole list of users who have participated along with their post count.

On clicking the Number of posts it would show all the post links and I can easily jump to that user's particular post instead of scrolling through multiple pages.

UPDATE:

This feature is LIVE.

We have updated the Post Quick Jump. Now instead of Topic Starter we have a button which first lists Users who have posted on that topic and when you click on them you can see all the times the selected user have posted and you can jump directly to that post. Please let us know what you think about it.

BeingBlunt thumbnail

This suggestion I have been wanting since I have been active in 2012. ðŸ˜† Please let us know which of our posts got deleted /got us warned /got banned. Also we should be able to see the posts and not get a 403 error. And if possible the moderator should inform us the reason for violation. At this moment its very ambiguous and it causes huge problems from time to time. Especially in Bigg Boss forum where instead of discussing episode people discussed how many posts of thier got deleted and why it got deleted. Then it starts a round of assumptions and mudslinging at each other. And at times people celebrated it as badge of honour. ðŸ¤£ Like an accused celebrating how many laws he broke. In the Last month of the latest season the Episode discussion thread became the Vault Discussion Thread. ðŸ¤ª

I beleive giving reason and letting us know about the post that violated the rules would definitely reduce it. 

Being a technical guy I know it could be time taking and a challenging to code this part but it will immensely improve the transparency of the forum. Also will reduce the celebration of getting accused of rule voilation. ðŸ¤ª

vijay thumbnail

In order to make tagging easier on Forum Posts, we would be bringing the Tag Buddies / Friends for easier selection. How we have it in New Private Message page.

UPDATE:

This feature is now active.

UPDATE 2:

Now the list only shows Buddies who have visited the site in the last 1-2 months.

vijay thumbnail

Currently when someone quotes our post we have the option to receive an email notification.

We will be extending this feature when someone tags our username to a post as not all visit the site daily and may miss out the post where they are tagged.

In order to reduce the emails we would not send the notification if the user is currently active on the site. 

We will always have the option to switch this notification on / off through Preferences.

UPDATE:

This feature is LIVE

vijay thumbnail

In order to incentivise users to share their opinion via comments on FanFictions / Articles / Videos / Photos / Quiz etc. we would be making the following changes:

a) Show Comment Count similar to how we show Post Count.

b) Group Promotion will now be combined with Post + Comments. Basically it means that whether you comment or make a post it will be counted towards group promotion.

c) We will show the comment count on user profile page also.

d) In badges page we will highlight how many comments required to reach the next badge level.

This content was originally posted by-smallwonder

Hi Vijay smiley1

I had a couple of suggestions.

First, I suggest that the TellyBuzz article comments should count as the user's post. It should add up in the post count. Many times, like now, when our shows are on a sabbatical, you don't have much to do in forums. But you keep coming back for the articles and comment on them. I feel they should be included in user post counts.

UPDATE:

a) We are now showing Comment count on User Profile page.

b) Group Promotion is now on combined total of Post Count + Comment Count. So now your comment is counted for your comments on articles / videos / fanfic etc.

UPDATE 2:
We are now showing the Comment count in User Hover Card also.

Please make it possible to use more emojis to react on posts