Powerful and beautiful message ft, Manoj Bajpayee <3 - Page 5

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by HearMeRoar

Like I said... I do know what happens in practice. Sometimes it's codified in law, also. I agree that needs to change.

But my comment was live and let live doesn't mean you have to respect others' faiths or they yours. Just the right to practice those faiths under a uniform law. 

I don't know if u r genuinely not understanding what I'm saying or its just for the sake of argument. But i will give it one last try.

Live and let live is something that i believe in too, irrespective of someone else's religious beliefs. But if someone is hampering or attacking my right to live and believe in my God or religion then THAT is going to be problematic. Here the other person is not confined to just believing in his individual religious beliefs but also implementing & enforcing it on others who believe differently. I hope u can understand how that could be problematic.

Edited by NathuPyare - 1 years ago
Originally posted by NathuPyare

I don't know if u r genuinely not understanding what I'm saying or its just for the sake of argument. But i will give it one last try.

Live and let live is something that i believe in too, irrespective of someone else's religious beliefs. But if someone is hampering or attacking my right to live and believe in my God or religion then THAT is going to be problematic. Here the other person is not confined to just believing in his religious beliefs but also implementing it on others who believe differently. I hope u can understand how that could be problematic.

I know you said in the last 2 responses that it's the actions that bother you.

But your comment I responded to mentioned muslims hoping for kaafirs to burn in hell. Perhaps they do wish it. 

I'm not talking about people who let that spill over into actual actions. I'm talking about the thought. Why does it bother you that a random muslim might think it?

Not expecting you to answer for Zeal, but he, too, seems to believe it is essential that other religions agree hindus are also right. What I want to know is why does anyone have to agree on which religion is right or if all are right or if none are right? Isn't it enough to ask you're treated equally under law?

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago

TBH, I think messages like Manoj's though well-intentioned, are the wrong way to go. It sets up this utopian expectation of everyone holding hands and singing to God.

Just tell people to respect each other as fellow humans.

Exactly. Absolutely nothing, neither believing in some God nor not believing in it , should come in the way of treating fellow humans with kindness, respect and humanity (unless they are hardcore criminals who can barely be called humans, which is where i draw my line of treating people with humanity)

That's enough for heavy thought for me today. Got to get some writing in before I waste the whole night on IF (and I get shamed with visit streak numbersπŸ˜†). Ciao

Originally posted by Zeal17

WOW! So the only way to peace is for my religion to be the only right oneβ€”anyone else go to hell. πŸ‘What a powerful and beautiful mentality. 

Things you read online. πŸ˜† 

NO. The simple point is that you can change another person s thought process. If someone thinks that their god is one true god it is their pov. The god I believe in the most is Krishna. That is my pov. As long as someone is not FORCING others to take their "opinion" as the only right one it should be ok

As long as it does not harms another human I don't see why people should take offense at others' opinion. I understand that many times these thought processes do take a violent turn and that is wrong. But otherwise, let believe what they want to believe 

Originally posted by M.Wheeler

NO. The simple point is that you can change another person s thought process. If someone thinks that their god is one true god it is their pov. The god I believe in the most is Krishna. That is my pov. As long as someone is not FORCING others to take their "opinion" as the only right one it should be ok

As long as it does not harms another human I don't see why people should take offense at others' opinion. I understand that many times these thought processes do take a violent turn and that is wrong. But otherwise, let believe what they want to believe 

and this is the whole point of this message...live and let live......

I know you said in the last 2 responses that it's the actions that bother you.

But your comment I responded to mentioned muslims hoping for kaafirs to burn in hell. Perhaps they do wish it. 

I'm not talking about people who let that spill over into actual actions. I'm talking about the thought. Why does it bother you that a random muslim might think it?

Not expecting you to answer for Zeal, but he, too, seems to believe it is essential that other religions agree hindus are also right. What I want to know is why does anyone have to agree on which religion is right or if all are right or if none are right? Isn't it enough to ask you're treated equally under law?

Well tbh it doesn't bother me so much if someone looks down upon me as kafir. It hurts i won't deny and i would expect equal respect for me as a human (not being the worst of creatures i.e. kafir) but then i simply ignore that person and move on.

Problem arises when they try to implement and enforce their beliefs on me and try to change me or cause harm. That is where i draw the line and that is something which is happening very frequently in the real world, sometimes without even sugar coating or cloaking it.

I have been saying this again and again but now i give up. I can't convince u. Sorry. Let me live with my hate πŸ˜†

Edited by NathuPyare - 1 years ago

Hyenapanti??? πŸ˜†matlab u will poke others with ur finger and someone breaks that finger and suddenly u become the victim....same old same old...πŸ˜†

@Zeal

Either you didn't understand what I'm saying or choose not to understand.

No one has to embrace any other religion. No one has to believe anyone else is right. Forcing people to believe do is exactly what the jihadis do.

All a civil society needs to do is respect people's *right* to follow their path. Society doesn't have to respect the religion itself. Just the people's right to it. There is a difference.

Someone telling me I'll go to hell might make me annoyed, miffed, irritated. Angry? Maybe for a short while. But I eventually remember it ain't up to you where I go πŸ˜†

The right to religion is already protected by Article 14 of the Constitution. However, people also have the right to despise a religion that sows hatred and xenophobic behaviour amongst its followers. 

When a Muslim celebrity is trolled mercilessly for celebrating a Hindu religion, then the beliefs no longer remain just beliefs. They become action. These actions lead to riots and terrorism. 

Beliefs don't exist in a vacuum. They impact the world and society. 

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

Yup...and its absolutely sad....such a beautiful message is also being hated...kya kar sakte hain..πŸ€”

I'm not sure whether this video will get hate or not but it will definitely be ignored! πŸ˜† as usual.