How to exposition - Page 3

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by aye-masakalii

You know who Sundar reminds me of, wrt his Arpita crush? Ali from the Dhoom movies. This entire "ship" relies on the actors being married IRL and would never have even been a thing if it weren't for that. Which is fine, real life can inspire fiction, no harm done. But...they haven't built the connection between them at all, so the characters have zero chemistry. Arpita called him a friend yesterday, basis what? She doesn't even know what he does for a living, she taught him English, and didn't wonder why one family member randomly is differently educated from the others? When Imlie calls Sundar a friend, I get it. When Arpita does, I laugh and roll my eyes. 

Firstly I don't think they need conflict between AryLie right away, we JUST got done with over a month of exhausting stupid conflict. And even if we do...make it better?! Gosh this is such stupid and lazy writing I'm laughing. 

I still hope they don't go forth with this ship, leave it be q comic relief crush only. Do timepass while you bring in an antagonist we can take seriously (MALINI DIDI PLS COME BACK FAST I MISS YOU) because BM and BD are clowns. 

Malini didi is the real mvp.

Frankly, I wouldn't have minded the unrealistic love story had they spent any time into developing his character. Look at how SK and even Pari have been developed, I can totally buy a woman like Arpita following for a principled man akin to SK. But Sundar has no personality of his own.

You know what I can buy? 

Minimal conflict within Arylie but them teaming up against a stubborn Arpita/society. That would have the angst, the conflict and the intimacy

I need to be convinced about this Arpita-Sundar ship for me to even board it let alone sail in it. So what if the couple are married in real life, I'm watching reel life and I'm not convinced. There has to be more. It would have been better if creatives had been developing a mutual attachment between them but all we got was Sundar pining for her and acting as if he was already in a relationship with her.

I don’t think they will leave it as comical crush. They have shown sundar having too many angsty scenes about unattainable love. So we need to bite the bullet  n just ride the tides. 

I hope they wait and show some growth in sunder to show arpita and sundar love story otherwise it seems forced

But weddings are the bread and butter of its what to do

Originally posted by Deltablues

Malini didi is the real mvp.

Frankly, I wouldn't have minded the unrealistic love story had they spent any time into developing his character. Look at how SK and even Pari have been developed, I can totally buy a woman like Arpita following for a principled man akin to SK. But Sundar has no personality of his own.

You know what I can buy? 

Minimal conflict within Arylie but them teaming up against a stubborn Arpita/society. That would have the angst, the conflict and the intimacy

I say unrealistic not because of Sundar's job or socioeconomic status...but the thing is Sundar is such a one dimensional character, and Arpi is a little better yes, but we also don't really know much about her, and all we've seen here is Sundar being starstruck by Arpi and Arpi being oblivious, and that's really nothing to build a ship on. 

I don't love conflict immediately but I don't mind it either, just as long as it makes sense, but if this is the foundation for it, it's really not working for me. 

I am sympathetic though that their cast is suddenly tiny now (Aryan, Imlie, Narmada, Arpi, BD, BM, Sundar...and MAYBE Madhav?) so they have to get stories from somewhere while they plan ahead, but it's just a ship that has annoyed me from day 1, so idk how I'll get on board if I do.

If Malini does come, I am curious as to whether she'll have a baby with her or no 🤔 

Originally posted by aye-masakalii

I say unrealistic not because of Sundar's job or socioeconomic status...but the thing is Sundar is such a one dimensional character, and Arpi is a little better yes, but we also don't really know much about her, and all we've seen here is Sundar being starstruck by Arpi and Arpi being oblivious, and that's really nothing to build a ship on. 

I don't love conflict immediately but I don't mind it either, just as long as it makes sense, but if this is the foundation for it, it's really not working for me. 

I am sympathetic though that their cast is suddenly tiny now (Aryan, Imlie, Narmada, Arpi, BD, BM, Sundar...and MAYBE Madhav?) so they have to get stories from somewhere while they plan ahead, but it's just a ship that has annoyed me from day 1, so idk how I'll get on board if I do.

If Malini does come, I am curious as to whether she'll have a baby with her or no 🤔 

I have never been able to digest Arpindar because of this. Sundar's angst falls flat when compared to his efforts in acting upon the crush.

How many times has he interacted with Arpita as a person? Even if they were to be friends, it's just a pleasant sort of an acquaintance. What is the basis of this love?

If they do force Arpindar upon us - which they will do, I hope that after their marriage they at least show that just because you are now married doesn't mean you are compatible. In my eyes this couple is mismatched, cute - yes, but totally mismatched. I hope they at least show us their mismatch rather than just making everything appear hunky dory between them.

Originally posted by Deltablues

I have never been able to digest Arpindar because of this. Sundar's angst falls flat when compared to his efforts in acting upon the crush.

How many times has he interacted with Arpita as a person? Even if they were to be friends, it's just a pleasant sort of an acquaintance. What is the basis of this love?

Exactly. What even have their interactions been? Him giving food related advice, her teaching him english once, and she once happily assumed he has a girlfriend? What is this supposed to be? 

ITV thrives off of unlikely pairing- I mean name ONE single ITV couple who made sense on paper, they never do, the compatibility comes from the fact that usually these characters who are so different on the surface have the same core traits once you start peeling back layers. But there are no layers to peel back with these two, nor any foundation to fall back on. 

Originally posted by BlueJayFire

I think this was already done during the Adini relationship..

SurPita wedding would play an important part in Arylie's love realisation imo.