This show is INFURIATING!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 years ago

Hi, everyone. I had been briefly active on this forum when the show had started, but the cliché plot of the show, predictable characters, too much kitchen politics chased me away from it. I did keep myself updated with the story for a while before it was lost entirely to the TRP race. 

While I haven't followed any of the Sony TV shows, I'd heard good things about them, which is why I had some faith in Punyashlok Ahilya Bai. Although historical shows can't always be 100% accurate, but the past has enough drama in it that one doesn't need to add extra masala to make things more dramatic. 

Except, writers of this show don't understand that. This serie sounds like a typical Indian TV show. A bechari bahu whom no one understands; and how she's all alone in this world. 

I get it, the writers are trying to show how Ahilya balances her personal life with the professional one, but the balance is severely missing. This show is more of a family drama with one-sided romance where everyone has to blame the FL just for the heck of it. The characters are totally black and white, with no essential complexity added to them. That makes the situations presented in the show more and more infuriating. The writers think audience of the Indian shows are dumb, so they keep recycling the same kind of dialogues we've heard in 10000000 others; and I'm afraid to say that PAB is no different. 

Expecting anything good or new from Indian TV is too much to ask for, but honestly, it's freaking 2022. This show started last year. For a historical show, PAB is a badly made show with less focus on the important stuff and more on the TRP generating content. Sadly, the quality for it had been compromised.

I'm sorry if I offended someone. I don't regularly follow it, but whenever I do watch its episodes, I end up leaving the room because the show is unbearable for the most part. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, though. 

I completely completely agree... I have almost stopped watching it.

It's actually irritating to watch this show even though I really loved it in the beginning and also had such high hopes for it.

It's basically all the people who are good just can't talk or say anything!!!

Originally posted by kancht

I completely completely agree... I have almost stopped watching it.

It's actually irritating to watch this show even though I really loved it in the beginning and also had such high hopes for it.

It's basically all the people who are good just can't talk or say anything!!!

These are my exact thoughts. I still don't understand how my mom even tolerates it. 

Ah, yes. All the good folks have to be completely useless while all the bad guys have this superhuman ability to manipulate space and time and even the opinions of the masses to get their way. The good never wins and the bad always, always ends up victorious. 

I agree.. the show had been going in circles since beginning. At this point I'm only watching cuz the actors' performances are really good. They make the script bearable. 😆

Originally posted by DelusionsOfNeha

I agree.. the show had been going in circles since beginning. At this point I'm only watching cuz the actors' performances are really good. They make the script bearable. 😆

Seriously. Some actors are really very good. They deserve better writing and content to act in. If the show writers wanted, they could have made it good enough to have people making references about it in the informal conversations. Extensive research, good writing, and better plot could just keep this show in the list of the best ones. But apparently, for the sake of survival, TRP is more important than giving an honest story. 

I cant believe Gautama

Suddenly behaving as if she did nothing and all

Being nice to Ahilya after doing of that

When will be gunoji truth come out