Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

How is Vaani Kapoor Still In Bollywood/Getting Work?

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

OK so I guess the title of this post is self explanatory, but this is what I wanted to say anyway ðŸ˜†:

As far as I can see, Vaani is an average actress who was plain looking to begin with, and now looks straight up bad in many looks/angles thanks to the shitty fillers/surgery she got a few years ago (though she seems to have improved that a little since Befikre lol).

I don't think Vaani has any special screen presence, or sex appeal or anything either, and I've never actually heard anyone else irl say otherwise.

But the most shocking thing about her to me (that sets her apart from the other dull actors in BW who have stuck around for years), is that she actually has no contacts in the industry. No famous parents, siblings, partner in sight ðŸ˜³. As far as I can see, it seems like Vaani is a rank outsider.

How has someone who is so unremarkable in pretty much every way that would matter in this industry managed to keep getting films nearly a decade after her debut? And moreover, these films  are not just any old films. Vaani has got lead roles in YRF movies no less (who as a production house are known to be fairly biased towards those who are already big stars, or nepotism products) and has acted as the heroine opposite the likes of Hrithik and Akshay.

So what I want to know is, does anyone here actually see anything special in her? Or have any tea (in terms of connections, etc.) on why she might keep getting all these projects? Or are you guys just as confused as I am? 

Edited by Anjalika01 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I don't think she's that bad. Above average in terms of acting. She was good in Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui.

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Yeah, beats me too... 

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Originally posted by: mintyblue

I don't think she's that bad. Above average in terms of acting. She was good in Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui.

I never found her outright bad either, it's just that she's so dull/unremarkable, plus an outsider with no connections (unless there's something I don't know here ðŸ˜†).

CKA sounds interesting, need to watch it one of these days.

Edited by Anjalika01 - 2 years ago
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Anjalika01

I never found her outright bad either, it's just that she's so dull/unremarkable, plus an outsider with no connections (unless there's something I don't know here ðŸ˜†).

CKA sounds interesting, need to watch it one of these days.

I always thought she was having a fling with Aditya Chopra that's why he takes her in all Yashraj films??

I might be wrong here

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Originally posted by: mintyblue

I always thought she was having a fling with Aditya Chopra that's why he takes her in all Yashraj films??

I might be wrong here

This seems like the only plausible explanation so far tbh.

DushtKanya thumbnail

I used to share your opinion until Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui. She's quite impressive in it!

NathuPyare thumbnail

That's a puzzle for me too.

An affair with someone influential i guess (Adi?)

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Vaani Kapoor could have fling with Aditya Chopra. Or she could have contract with YRF which makes them to give her movie every year. Or she could be mistress of someone rich and famous. Celebrity life in Mumbai is expensive.

priya185 thumbnail

she was quite good in chandigarh kare aashiqui but not that great

her looks were better before surgery