Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

We could have the unread notifications as bold, read as bold, like in PM notifs. 

LazyBing thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Physics_girl

Agreed. Kabhi kabhi busy days mai chupke se v visit karke gayab honeka man hota hai.

Sometimes we may not want to reply someone and keep that for later and many other reasons.

It will be easier if it gives us the option like we want others to see that or not

Yup, I think it should be an option to activate this feature in the Settings. Some people don’t mind everyone seeing their streak but others probably don’t want it to be out in open so that could also probably be considered. 

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: vijay

I don't know how it affect's one privacy. It just tells the number of consecutive days you came to the site (for the badges which was announced when we launched the feature). Just like how we show number of Posts a user has made.

Anyways.. Will await for more members to comment on this aspect and take steps accordingly.

I don’t know about others but it’s definitely a breach of my privacy and I no longer feel comfortable coming here so if one member’s doesn’t count I guess. 

JayaBachan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: BlackWitch

I like this visit streak thingy. It will expose my addiction 🤣

You’ve almost beaten the CEO of India Forums. Vijay, you need to up your visiting game. 😂

Edited by FingerFetish - 2 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Savera84

Is 'visit streak' a new feature?  Nice one.👍🏼

I wonder what happened 428 days ago.  I usually visit IF at least once every day.😊

Cheers..

That’s the day they started measuring n recording this visiting feature by members . We have no records of previous visits . 

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

Vijay, you could’ve planned this and done it in private too, why does everyone gotta know about everyone’s business...I feel like I no longer have a sense of privacy coming here. 

This content was originally posted by: Physics_girl

Agreed. Kabhi kabhi busy days mai chupke se v visit karke gayab honeka man hota hai.

Sometimes we may not want to reply someone and keep that for later and many other reasons.

It will be easier if it gives us the option like we want others to see that or not

This was my knee-jerk reaction when I saw that everyone can tell how frequently I visit. However, it's less revealing than the "Visited: Date" that you can see by mouse-over on a member's name. It doesn't negate the Privacy Setting of not showing one's Online Status.

Maybe it would be better to show "Visit Streak" under "Visited: Date" as visible upon mouse-over, rather than with the badges.

Edited to add: also, red font for the whole line isn't appealing. Just the number of days in red font, and the feature name in black, is OK.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 2 years ago
BlackWitch thumbnail

Pffttt, he is only winning by a technical adjustment in calculating the visit days 💁🏻‍♀️

We shall see who wins in the long run.

This content was originally posted by: FingerFetish

You’ve almost beaten the CEO of India Forums. Vijay, you need to up your visiting game. 😂

vijay thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

I don’t know about others but it’s definitely a breach of my privacy and I no longer feel comfortable coming here so if one member’s doesn’t count I guess. 

Well this didn't cross our mind and nor it felt this way when we made this feature.

And as I mentioned in my earlier it's not something we saying is permanent and we continuously improve on it based on user's suggestions/feedback.

priya185 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: vijay

Yes. Kindly explain.

Please share your suggestion.

can we have option to mute certain notifications