Site Updates and Issues Discussion Thread #6 - Page 3

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by Sunshine_nino

While scrolling the video ads are quite frequent. Sometimes my screen is freezing when I am trying to close them. 

And I am not able to tag anyone in my posts. 

Do share the screenshot as it would help us understand the problem.

Originally posted by vijay

Do share the screenshot as it would help us understand the problem.

Okay I guess I can't find the ads anymore. 

But the tagging problem is persistent. 

Originally posted by mnx12

One day is too much, topics leading to discuss sexual aspect would have got closed much earlier if it was brought to our notice earlier. 

Even in past topics made on similar tone got closed due to members fighting, trolling, insulting, in pretext of discussing Mahabharat, Mythology. Even now our policy is the same.

May be MM forum is not right for the kind of valuable inputs you want in Mythology. 

Forum Moderator can advise or suggest on subject which is also part of Mahabharat, MM forum can have discussion on. As per your pm, you want to discuss Mythology not morals, so I should open that topic. But replies on that topic indicates that you want discussion only approved by your pov not other's. Hence that topic will remain closed.

Since you have publicly accused me here that "you want discussion only approved by your pov not other's" please point out which of my posts in that topic gave you this mistaken impression.

My first post: "Your suggestions for me to find passages for your favourite characters would be welcome."

My second post: text and translation only

My third post: "Whatever a member says about her/his own thoughts, I like to accept courteously, and not speculate about any ulterior motive. ... I don't have a problem with anyone's favourite character being a "sex assaulter" because it's possible to appreciate a character's tragedy, complexity, eloquence etc. without approving of everything that the character does. ... We can view the incident from our own moral perspective, and also appreciate that the characters, author, narrator, audience etc. had different perspectives."

My fourth post: "Thank you for sharing your opinion, including references of which I was aware. India Forums has rules against "condescending language directed at fellow members" and "personal attacks." Kindly refrain from straw man arguments about whatever non-Mahābhārata atrocities you imagine me "excusing" when I clearly condemned sexual assault. ... My guess (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that you think ..."

My fifth post: tagging two members to invite their rebuttal of my points

My sixth post: "discussion and polite disagreement are welcome ... Harassment of any member, including false attribution of offensive views, will be reported. ... Would anyone like to name a favourite incident or dialogue from Mahābhārata, or suggest the next character for whom I should find an insightful passage?"

My seventh post: "Thanks for sharing an interesting extended passage ..."

When you have accused me of misbehaviour that you can't prove, it would be decent of you to apologize just as publicly as you accused me.

If a moderator is concerned that any member is discouraging other points of view, the moderator's job is to edit the offensive posts or reprimand that member. As you know, you didn't edit or delete any post in that topic. You closed the whole topic after a member who was reproaching those who appreciate Karṇa left voluntarily, and when only polite discussion was happening.

As a member, you can create any topic, but when you speak as a moderator closing a topic, you should not be praising any one religion as the way to live.

The guidelines for the Mythological Masti forum "welcome topics on everything from interpreting specific scenes/incidents from specific shows." That's all that everyone did in my topic until you shut it down. Your personal objection to "topics leading to discuss sexual aspect" is not consistent with the forum guidelines that specifically invite discussion of "gender roles." All across India Forums, members are discussing sexual aspects of all kinds of fictional characters and even speculating about public figures. Mythological characters should be treated the same.

So, I again request you to reopen the Favourite passages for each character from Mahābhārata topic that is consistent with the Mythological Masti Forum's stated purpose, and instead of stifling polite discussions of mythology, do your job as moderator by editing offensive posts.

Or, if the so-called Mythological Masti Forum belongs to mnx12 personally for the purpose of preaching Bhagavad-Gītā and silencing discussion of story literature under the pretext that it is sexualized, I request vijay to rename that forum and open a new forum with a suitable name, where discussion of characters from Mahābhārata is allowed.

I migrated a topic to the Fan Fiction section and I see the number of migrated Likes for each chapter in the "Table of Content" (sic) here: Mahābhārata Text Appreciation and Discussion but when I click into each chapter (Chapter One and Chapter Two), I don't see any Likes.

Another issue: when the Fan Fiction section automatically assigns Followers to a migrated book (because they reacted on the forum topic), do those Followers get notifications when I retweet from the Edit page of a newly added chapter? Or is it only voluntary Followers (who are listed in my profile as My Followers) who get these notifications?

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 2 years ago

I didn't get a notification when my latest follower added my fan fiction to her Library. This is a member with zero posts and no change of username, and as far as I know, she never reacted in the forum topic that I migrated to the Fan Fiction section. So, I believe this member is a voluntary follower, but surprisingly, she's not listed on my profile's My Followers page.

Posted: 1 years ago

You all must be noticing the Visit Streak under your profile name.

Well its the number of days you have visited the site daily without missing. When you miss a day you do start again at 0. 

There are 6 badges we have planned which will be awarded to members on reaching the following streak days. Badge design is in the process.

30 days

90 days

180 days

365 days

2 years

3 years

I am surprised to see that there are so many members who are visiting the site daily since the day we started recording this metric, without missing a single day in between. 

Cheers,

Is 'visit streak' a new feature?  Nice one.👍🏼

I wonder what happened 428 days ago.  I usually visit IF at least once every day.😊

Cheers..

wow, Vijay Bhai a new feature congrats.🥳

This new feature is quite interesting🥳

It's gonna be quite disheartening to see you miss one day and start at zero 🥺

Originally posted by Savera84

Is 'visit streak' a new feature?  Nice one.👍🏼

I wonder what happened 428 days ago.  I usually visit IF at least once every day.😊

Cheers..

428 is the maximum days Vijay and team are counting from. 

As per Vijay sir:

We started recording from that date...  Some will show 429 and some 428.. 

That is more due to the Timezone cutoff thing.

Edited by SoniRSippu21 - 1 years ago