Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock During The Oscars

shareShare facebook twitter
  •  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 months ago

Chris Rock got slapped by Will Smith at the 94th annual Academy Awards on March 22, after he made a cruel joke about Jada Pinkett-Smith starring in a potential sequel for G.I. Jane because of her bald head.

It all started when Chris came out on stage to present an award, and while he was standing in front of the audience, he took a random dig at Jada and her bald head. At first, Will and Jada, who sat close to the stage, both laughed, but within a matter of seconds, Will was up on stage, walking towards Chris. And once they came face-to-face, Will seemingly slapped the comedian. As Will went to exit the stage, Chris said, “Wow, Will Smith just smacked the s*** out of me.”

Once Will got back to his seat, he yelled, “Keep my wife’s name out of your f***ing mouth”. Chris quickly said, “I’m going to, okay?”, but most of the exchange was bleeped out of the live telecast on US television screens. The full unedited version, which aired on Australian and Japanese TVs, can be seen above.

Jada has been open about suffering from alopecia and she’s been vocal about her struggle with hair loss, so it’s possible Will thought that Chris’s joke crossed a line.

Watch the uncensored moment Will Smith smacks Chris Rock on stage at the Oscars, drops F-bomb - YouTube

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1508270716063469576?s=20&t=fNTnkHJqSJ6bxzbH3gTHmg

Edited by beena_jon - 10 months ago

Will Smith