Priyanka Chopra impresses netizens with her speech at pre-Oscars bash

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

Priyanka Chopra hosted a pre-Oscar bash at Beverly Hills on Wednesday. She among other hosts like Anjula Acharia, Bela Bajaria, Maneesh K. Goya and Shruti Ganguly, felicitated and celebrated the South-Asian artists' contributions to the films and series. Priyanka made an impressive style statement by donning a black saree, and while addressing the gathering, the actress spoke about many things and became emotional. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbeSFrJj5wm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The 'Quantico' actress appreciated the talents and added that there was a time when they tried to make an identity, and today, they have made a mark for themselves. "Each and everyone of you are here today because you are excellent in what you do. I came ten years ago and started looking for work in America. " Chopra continued, “We went out there and met everyone else. But today, I am not someone else. Today, I stand amongst peers, amongst colleagues, amongst South Asian excellence. I have goosebumps, I am emotional, it makes me very proud." The actress even added that after becoming a mommy to a beautiful daughter, she hasn't really stepped out much "Haven't been stepping out anywhere but had to come here tonight just to say this that I'm highly proud to be rubbing shoulders with all of you, to be encouraging you."

Edited by beena_jon - 2 years ago