Was Aishwarya Rai the worst actress of her generation?

Posted: 2 years ago

look there werent that many actresses in her generation 1997-2003. Most 90's actresses were retiring...preity was pretty average in my opinion.  Upcoming actresses were pretty meh too. Rani was certainly a good actress but she never had any chutzpah about her.There arent that many quality performances from Rani even though she had it in her. So i dont think she was that bad. She had most no of blockbuster movies, iconic roles and iconic dance numbers.

No way lol, what about all the nepo girls like Twinkle, Pooja, Esha, then the likes of Amisha Patel and Shilpa Shetty who weren't nepos but were still strictly average-bad, surely you can't hate Aish enough to say all these people acted better than her 😆 

Originally posted by janakai

look there werent that many actresses in her generation 1997-2003. Most 90's actresses were retiring...preity was pretty average in my opinion.  Upcoming actresses were pretty meh too. Rani was certainly a good actress but she never had any chutzpah about her.There arent that many quality performances from Rani even though she had it in her. So i dont think she was that bad. She had most no of blockbuster movies, iconic roles and iconic dance numbers.

Bollywood from 1997-2003 was ruled by many beautiful and famous actresses. Juhi, Madhuri, Karishma and Kajol were the most popular Bollywood actresses at that time. Tabu, Sonali, Raveena, Shilpa, and Urmila were also very popular. 

In early 2000s, Rani, Preity, and Kareena took over. Preity has more hits than Aishwarya and Rani has always been more popular on the box office compared to her contemporaries. Rani's performance in Black is 100 times better than Aishwarya's forgettable role in Guzaarish. Rani's work in KKHH, Saathiya, Hum Tum, Bunty Aur Babli, Paheli, Mardaani are far superior to Aishwarya's flops. Rani's comeback Hichki was praised while Aishwarya's comeback Jazbaa was panned.

Aishwarya Rai piggybacked on male costars. Aishwarya's only famous movies are HDDCS, Devdas, and Dhoom 2. She has had no blockbuster movies. The only two iconic roles people remember her for are Nandini in HDDCS and Paro in Devdas. Her dance numbers are nothing in front of Madhuri and Katrina.

Originally posted by 6-Feet-Apart

Bollywood from 1997-2003 was ruled by many beautiful and famous actresses. Juhi, Madhuri, Karishma and Kajol were the most popular Bollywood actresses at that time. Tabu, Sonali, Raveena, Shilpa, and Urmila were also very popular. 

In early 2000s, Rani, Preity, and Kareena took over. Preity has more hits than Aishwarya and Rani has always been more popular on the box office compared to her contemporaries. Rani's performance in Black is 100 times better than Aishwarya's forgettable role in Guzaarish. Rani's work in KKHH, Saathiya, Hum Tum, Bunty Aur Babli, Paheli, Mardaani are far superior to Aishwarya's flops. Rani's comeback Hichki was praised while Aishwarya's comeback Jazbaa was panned.

Aishwarya Rai piggybacked on male costars. Aishwarya's only famous movies are HDDCS, Devdas, and Dhoom 2. She has had no blockbuster movies. The only two iconic roles people remember her for are Nandini in HDDCS and Paro in Devdas. Her dance numbers are nothing in front of Madhuri and Katrina.

i completely disagree....madhuri n all were retiring by then...kareena's debut was 2000 and while she got many movies due to nepotism, it took her a few years to establish herself...aishwarya had already established herself by then . She did have a setback due to salman drama though. Something other actresses didnt face. I m not saying she is a great actress but she is pretty passable .

And puhlease her dance numbers are iconic . kajra re, nimbooda, ishq kamina, dola re dola, dayya dayya re, crazy kiya re and what not. 90's kids have danced on them soooo many times. Imitating every step. Madhuri was 90's dance queen. aish was 2000's. Katrina is nothing in front of aishwarya. She is too technical and expressionless. Anybody who understands dance knows aishwarya is far better than katrina.

^^^

Wow! Two red faces 😆

I answered the question the TM posted people... That's all...

Okay it was an exaggeration.. One of the, not The...

Of course not....she was brilliant in Guru especially.....pretty decent in Raincoat as well. Sunehri of Dhoom 3 still gives me nightmares though. I'm sure I would've rewatched that film at some point if not for her character. 😆

Originally posted by BettyA1

^^^

Wow! Two red faces 😆

I answered the question the TM posted people... That's all...

Okay it was an exaggeration.. One of the, not The...

Make it four red faces.

😡

Originally posted by FingerFetish

Make it four red faces.

😡

Am sure it will grow... I rarely get this many 'likes' 

Edited by BettyA1 - 2 years ago
Originally posted by BettyA1

Am sure it will grow... I rarely get this many 'likes' 

I doubt it. Aishwarya has a grand total of like 5-6 fans active in this forum. 😆

Worst like really? Exaggerating much?