Jalsa reviews starring Vidya, Iqbal & Shefali - Page 6

Posted: 2 years ago

Balan as always a treat to watch..but the show stealer was Shah..what a performance..👏

The son Ayush and Iqbal were top notch as well

Overall..disappointing movie..they really could have made it so much more interesting, they could have notched up the thrill a little bit..instead it dragged and dragged..also I am not really liking the way these new age directors are ending the movies..Gehraiyan, now this..its like you invest in a movie, you atleast want closure..it leaves you thinking what was that instead..

Edited by cougarTown - 2 years ago

Originally posted by cougarTown

Balan as always a treat to watch..but the show stealer was Shah..what a performance..👏

The son Ayush and Iqbal were top notch as well

Overall..disappointing movie..they really could have made it so much more interesting, they could have notched up the thrill a little bit..instead it dragged and dragged..also I am not really liking the way these new age directors are ending the movies..Gehraiyan, now this..its like you invest in a movie, you atleast want closure..it leaves you thinking what was that instead..

If I understood correctly, Ruksana wants Maya to feel what she felt when she found her daughter on that hospital bed without knowing why she was there.  What she has done in the end is reasonable and justified in my opinion.

Maya has already confessed and asked Rohini to follow up on the story.

She suffered for few days for hiding the truth.  Now she has confessed and willing to get punished and that is her closure.

Am I making sense?

Cheers..

Originally posted by Savera84

If I understood correctly, Ruksana wants Maya to feel what she felt when she found her daughter on that hospital bed without knowing why she was there.  What she has done in the end is reasonable and justified in my opinion.

Maya has already confessed and asked Rohini to follow up on the story.

She suffered for few days for hiding the truth.  Now she has confessed and willing to get punished and that is her closure.

Am I making sense?

Cheers..

It seems Ruksana herself was in conflict. If she just wanted Maya to feel what she felt she could just have taken Ayush to the beach n not left him  standing alone amidst waves. She walked away dazed. She was angry, shocked and felt betrayed..but she couldn't bring herself to torture the boy she so much loved n cared for.  

Originally posted by Minionite

He's sported that look for a few years now and damn he looks so good with it! Watch him in Crackdown. I wanted to kill his character for most of it, but damn he looked so good! 

I finished watching the series two days ago.  Now I know why you wanted to kill his character for most of it and I wanted to do the same the minute he appeared on the screen.

But, he did justice to his role in the show.

I heard there is a season 2 coming up. 

Cheers..

Edited:  Sorry wrong thread!

Cheers..

Edited by Savera84 - 2 years ago

You guyssss!

I watched it last night. I was expecting it to be a bit slow but it wasn't at all for me. Which is super unusual because  like most people these days I need to look at my phone every few seconds but the first time I looked at my phone was at 1-hour 7-minutes 

I LOVED the film. Super duper impressed with the director. I didn't notice his artistry in Tumhari Sulu so I'm gonna rewatch it. 

Shefali Shah of course (and I hate this phrase, but she) STOLE THE MF SHOW! We already know she is great but this was somehow next-levelism from her. Vidya Balan as usual was beyond brilliant. Her role and character obviously had far less sympathy/scope to "shine" but she was tremendous and we see her doing things we've never seen from her. It's so hard to portray internal frustration on screen and she nailed it.

The lead performers are impeccable because they are both consummate actors and I have to commend the makers for using an actor with CP in a country that still has a lot of maturing to do, and a lot of shallowness to overcome. They also did that entire taking the child to the ocean scene, such a very good human lesson in forgiveness and not blaming the innocent. 

However I find that entire theme of people in Hindi films be they from Bollywood or any of the other industries, in which people have an accident and they leave the scene just like it was trash they just ran over...It leads me to believe that it happens for real way too much. I guess in a country where if someone commits suicide and if their family decides to blame you, you can go to jail, hurting someone in an accident no matter how not at fault you are is cause to be in jail for a 100 years, not sure, but I guess it helps to sensitize humans to do the right thing and get them some help, cause there is a chance you can help rather than leave them to die and then really f... it up forever.  

Posted: 1 years ago

the movie should strike a debate that hit and run is not acceptable 

at least take them to the hospital immediately if it was an accident