Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I saw the movie and hated it. I thought this a thriller but it’s a 2 hour guilt trip. I didn’t even understand the ending 

Caution

Caution x 2

If you’re still reading this then you’re asking for it. 

Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you

Ek

Do

Teen

From my understanding of the ending, Vidya went through a mothers living nightmare and experienced the same horror of the unknown. She was stuck in a traffic jam, completely helpless, with all these horrific thoughts going through her head. Where’s her son? Is he alive or dead? In those last few minutes, Vidya was made to go through the same misery that Shefali experienced daily since her daughters accident. 

In the end, she wasn’t the composed and haughty journalist, but a mother terrified for her child’s life. Since she drove away from the scene and left someone’s child to die on a footpath, her guilty conscience concluded that Shefali would do the same to her child. The ending mirrored her deeds and reflected the consequences of her actions. 

Edited by FingerFetish - 2 years ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

Here comes my unwarranted and unpaid review for the grand total of 4-5 interested members. 

ImageIt took me 4 hour to complete this movie because I apparently have the attention span of a goldfish. This doesn’t mean it was a bad movie. Not at all. It was just a tad too slow for my liking and I kept pausing the film to browse on my phone. 

The movie has a dark tone to it. If you like feeling stressed and anxious throughout the film, then this is the movie for you. It had a good storyline and the acting was fabulous. Shefali stole the show. She completely overpowered everyone. This is her movie and she was the star. Vidya was great as usual. Everyone in the movie acted well in their roles. 

Now that the formality is over, let me get to the real reason why I even watched Jalsa. My pepper haired Iqbal Khan, TV crush of my life, vocal chord of my dreams. I want to punch him in the face for depriving me of the pleasure of watching him onscreen, but I’m just so so happy to see him. All my teenage feelings came rushing back. Lord, he still looks so handsome at 41 years of age. Such a feast on my blurry and dehydrated eyes. Half the time I was emotional because of all the nostalgic feelings that were being unleashed. My 13 year old self used to make powerpoint presentations for this man and now 17 years later, I’m seeing him with his grey hair. How dare he still be so hot. 

priya185 thumbnail
Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Here comes my unwarranted and unpaid review for the grand total of 4-5 interested members. 

ImageIt took me 4 hour to complete this movie because I apparently have the attention span of a goldfish. This doesn’t mean it was a bad movie. Not at all. It was just a tad too slow for my liking and I kept pausing the film to browse on my phone. 

The movie has a dark tone to it. If you like feeling stressed and anxious throughout the film, then this is the movie for you. It had a good storyline and the acting was fabulous. Shefali stole the show. She completely overpowered everyone. This is her movie and she was the star. Vidya was great as usual. Everyone in the movie acted well in their roles. 

Now that the formality is over, let me get to the real reason why I even watched Jalsa. My pepper haired Iqbal Khan, TV crush of my life, vocal chord of my dreams. I want to punch him in the face for depriving me of the pleasure of watching him onscreen, but I’m just so so happy to see him. All my teenage feelings came rushing back. Lord, he still looks so handsome at 41 years of age. Such a feast on my blurry and dehydrated eyes. Half the time I was emotional because of all the nostalgic feelings that were being unleashed. My 13 year old self used to make powerpoint presentations for this man and now 17 years later, I’m seeing him with his grey hair. How dare he still be so hot. 

iqbal was the only person who made me happy watching this film

otherwise, shefali and vidya's roles were depressing 

what powerpoints did you make of iqbal?

how did you find iqbal's performance?

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Iqbal looks maal on salt and pepper hair. Told u during that tv fandom list 

Vickat you like Iqbal too na? Did you watch 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Saw this yesterday..don't know why but I had n impression that it was about cerebral palsy..turns out it wasnt🤦‍♀️

Was good, actors did very well. Agree with one review here that it was a 2 n half hour long guilt trip..

Also another one that ex hubby wasn't even needed, that too n actor like Manav Kaul..he can do so much more.

So that's about it. 

On that note, can someone pls suggest some light hearted or comedy web series or movies? Hindi/English. Something that would sooth nerves at the end of the day and not make u sleep with a heavy heart.

Thought of old BW movies but watched almost all of them. So Something contemporary or last decade

Edited by Kyahikahoon - 2 years ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

iqbal was the only person who made me happy watching this film

otherwise, shefali and vidya's roles were depressing 

what powerpoints did you make of iqbal?

how did you find iqbal's performance?

Powerpoint slides of Angad/Iqbal Khans photos with all sorts of special effects and bouncing texts. Wild days.

I liked his performance. He was subtle, with a natural flow and ease in his acting. But that’s expected from him. He’s always been a good actor, even from the first moment he debuted on TV. 

JayaBachan thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Saw this yesterday..don't know why but I had n impression that it was about cerebral palsy..turns out it wasnt🤦‍♀️

Was good, actors did very well. Agree with one review here that it was a 2 n half her long guilt trip..

Also another one that ex hubby wasn't even needed, that too n actor like Manav Kaul..he can do so much more.

So that's about it. 

On that note, can someone pls suggest some light hearted or comedy web series or movies? Hindi/English. Something that would sooth nerves at the end of the day and not make u sleep with a heavy heart.

Thought of old BW movies but watched almost all of them. So Something contemporary or last decade

Forget Hindi/English and come join the Korean world. They have the best light hearted and feel good series. I’ve been patting my pot belly with content while watching em.  

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Spoilers ahead.

Good one time watch but didn't get the purpose the movie. Maybe I was expecting more as the plot was progressing. Cuz it wasn't a thriller type movie. Did they want to show that Shefali forgave Vidya. I mean I could predict that she wouldn't harm her son as she cared for the son more than the mother. Silly question but why the lens for Shefali's character? Just to make her look scary?😆 Even the title Jalsa didn't really go with the theme of the film. Just for that one politician's victory scene? That said, watching 2  great actresses kept the story interesting. Even the girl who played the role of trainee was awesome. 

Edited by Binge - 2 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Forget Hindi/English and come join the Korean world. They have the best light hearted and feel good series. I’ve been patting my pot belly with content while watching em.  

A name to start with pls

priya185 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Was good, actors did very well. Agree with one review here that it was a 2 n half hour long guilt trip..

So that's about it. 

friends or schitt's creek