Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Vidhu vinod chopra vs Viveik R Agnihotry

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Realitycheque

I just realised....that VVC suddenly came out with his movie on KPs after Viveik declared that he is taking up the subject of KPs for his next. And he rushed to release his b grade movie before viveik did ...maybe to dilute the effect?

Hey newbie, I dont know if VVC peddled any propaganda, admittedly it wasn't his best but he was mostly fair and AT LEAST he didn't villainize any single community. 

But more importantly, VVC is 100 times the filmmaker Agnihotri can ever wish to be, who is a bit of a joke and is currently riding the BJP's gravy train. Without the right wing to back him up, please check out his debut classic, "Chocolate". Even Irrfan couldn't save that turd.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Sashay01

Hey newbie, I dont know if VVC peddled any propaganda, admittedly it wasn't his best but he was mostly fair and AT LEAST he didn't villainize any single community. 

But more importantly, VVC is 100 times the filmmaker Agnihotri can ever wish to be, who is a bit of a joke and is currently riding the BJP's gravy train. Without the right wing to back him up, please check out his debut classic, "Chocolate". Even Irrfan couldn't save that turd.

Remind me what that community did again?

If not villianize, are we supposed to idolize them? 

Are we supposed to applaud the terrorists? 

janakai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

do you even acknowledge that kashmiri muslims suffer? or in your opinion they never suffer? or deserve to suffer? Kashmir has never been stable. NEVER!! not under bjp, not under congress. Every community in kashmir has suffered be it hindus or muslims or sikhs. They were suffering even when KP exodus was happening.Terrorists were killing them too.Thousands of them have died in kashmir since 1990.If VA cares so much about kashmir he should  make a movie on life of kashmiri people after abrogation of article370. Do they have guts to show that? no right?  

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

So many new accounts...wow.. one sided truth wtf is that supposed to mean,  of course muslims who supported kp and indian were murdered too but having people showing  romanticism of kashmir's anti hindu sentiments is what Bollywood has been doing. And this movie is about the plight of kp's, and how that has been shown . Kp's have not been able to go back since so many years, we are selling our lands for pennies because we are still afraid. i still meet people, kashmiri muslims who tell me on my face that my community wasn't killed, it was all a lie. Is this a propaganda or making terrorist and stirring shit in jnu is propaganda.  

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

So when movies on holocaust of jews are made do they villainize germans? What happened , happened. You know my mother was pregnant with me when she ran off from kashmir and my brother was 3 years old, even while we were running away  the locals pelted the bus with stones, some even tried to stop it and enter it. the bus didn't have any armed people. But we narrowly escaped. 

Vk may be a piece of turd but he was the only one who made this movie.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Jeez! If showing facts akins to vilification, it's not the filmmaker who deserves the blame. Period. 

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

VVC has made far more authentic films on Kashmir where terrorists are dancing to Bumro .

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Cpt.DudleySmith

VVC has made far more authentic films on Kashmir where terrorists are dancing to Bumro .

Bollywood has always tried to sell us the story that Terrorist are poor victims. 

VVC not just tried rubbing salt on KP's wounds but threw acid over it with his filthy crap🤬 movie Shikara! 

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: janakai

do you even acknowledge that kashmiri muslims suffer? or in your opinion they never suffer? or deserve to suffer? Kashmir has never been stable. NEVER!! not under bjp, not under congress. Every community in kashmir has suffered be it hindus or muslims or sikhs. They were suffering even when KP exodus was happening.Terrorists were killing them too.Thousands of them have died in kashmir since 1990.If VA cares so much about kashmir he should  make a movie on life of kashmiri people after abrogation of article370. Do they have guts to show that? no right?  

And who were those Terrorists?🤔

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Moodyblue

So when movies on holocaust of jews are made do they villainize germans? What happened , happened. You know my mother was pregnant with me when she ran off from kashmir and my brother was 3 years old, even while we were running away  the locals pelted the bus with stones, some even tried to stop it and enter it. the bus didn't have any armed people. But we narrowly escaped. 

Vk may be a piece of turd but he was the only one who made this movie.

Never denied the truth of what you are saying..elsewhere in other posts and Agnihotri threads (which suddenly seem to mushrooming on IF) I have emphasised that the most important thing is to acknowledge the pain, loss and suffering that families like yours went through. As much as I detest Anupam Uncle and his opportunism (he shifts political allegiances like the wind), I can totally understand his desire to associate with this project given his heritage

But this can also be done without serving any one's agenda and purely telling the truth- which is what I think VVC did in his movie. The pain, loss, suffering and even the way neighbours turned on each other was heinous, but what of the deeper political forces that made it happen? What about Jagmohan?

And to answer your question, in a film about the holocaust, certainly the Germans of the 1940s should be correctly depicted as they were and the pain and loss of the jews should be acknowledged and empathised with.

But when this tragedy is used in the current day by a ruling party, an elected govt, not to empathise with the aggrieved people or even get them redressal, but to opportunistically berate the (Germans) of a different era, then I think it should be called out, most of all by people like you and me, who in fact DO NOT want a repeat of any kind of demonization of any community.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say, because I'm sincerely sorry about what your family and countless others would have gone through and never should anyone minimise that loss. But independent of that, the way this tragedy is being co-opted by turds like Agnihotri and his ilk is also a disservice (IMO) and should be called out.