Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Sashay01

What is he supposed to do,

He can act his age for once ? Why’s he tryna be Tiger Shroff for?

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

He can act his age for once ? Why’s he tryna be Tiger Shroff for?

Cool, but as you very well know, I was speaking specifically in the context you raised ie casting 50+ year old actresses in his films and to the point I raised about audiences' responsibility in making these actresses viable. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Cool, but as you very well know, I was speaking specifically in the context you raised ie casting 50+ year old actresses in his films and to the point I raised about audiences' responsibility in making these actresses viable. 

Well why are you telling me this as if whatever I do or say is going to make a difference? If you want that change then go do it yourself. Just because actresses his own age aren’t getting work that doesn’t justify SRK playing a 30 year old who looks 60 

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

well why don’t some directors try it then? When was the last time a big male star was paired opposite an actress of the same age? I think in recent times it was just srk and Kajol in dilwale. But besides that all the big male actors are starring with actresses who are so much younger than them. 

If more producers and directors gave the older actresses a chance then the audience will also accept it. If they can make the older male actors look hot and desirable then why can’t they do the same with the older actresses? because there is no way srk, salman, ajay, Amir or akshay look like they are in their 20s or 30s 

It’s really discriminative, so many of the older actresses are so beautiful, kajol, raveena, tabu, Urmila, Madhuri, karishma, rani, aishwarya are only doing ott things or 1-2 films every now and then, why can’t they be paired opposite the khans? I honestly would love to see them more onscreen in bigger films, I’m sure many people would, but they need the opportunity 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Two flops and Deepika is back to these dumb films ☢️

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

What is he supposed to do, drag Juhi, Ash and Preity out of semi retirement? Why dont you and the audiences go watch these "older" actresses' classics when they release, like Ishq in Paris, Gulab Gang and Fanne Khan if you care so much about age appropriate pairings? It will certainly go a long way in adding to the commercial viability of these actresses and I'm sure producers will WANT to hire them opposite their 90s heroes. 

But if you dont care about their viability, because you yourselves would rather watch Deepika Padukone's films, why again should SRK and producers buck this trend and tank their film?

Such a tired criticism.

I mean if they can cast SRK, who hasn't delivered a hit in ages, what's the harm in casting Aishwarya who hasn't either 😆

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I don't like it. 🤢 At all. Why am I the only SRK fan who doesn't like it?

Hard for me to praise anything SLB, but young Devdas was SRK's best look.

Side note: these pics seem about as *leaked* as airport pics of some female celebs.😆

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: McGorgeous

I mean if they can cast SRK, who hasn't delivered a hit in ages, what's the harm in casting Aishwarya who hasn't either 😆

Because SRK's flops make more money than most others' hits.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Because SRK's flops make more money than most others' hits.

So by having an Aishwarya instead of a Deepika isn’t going to make much of a difference anyway. 

The truth is, the male actors want to look younger by pairing themselves opposite the younger actresses. 

Edited by catchmeifucan - 2 years ago
JayaBachan thumbnail
Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I don't like it. 🤢 At all. Why am I the only SRK fan who doesn't like it?

Hard for me to praise anything SLB, but young Devdas was SRK's best look.

Side note: these pics seem about as *leaked* as airport pics of some female celebs.😆

SRK’s best look was in One Two Ka Four and Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani. 😍