Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by Bharathi_gurti

The only saviour of the movie is Prabhas....I didnt watch saho because I cannot comprehend prabhas with Shraddha! For me Prabhas is better with Native girls and Native films unlike saho or now RadheShyam..

Nothing new to the basic storyline but just added few extravagance to the simple narration had really complicated this movie..Aditya and Prena are well written and the actors did the job at thier best! But are they good together,then it's a BIG NO..this love story failed to float due to the wrong pairing! Amendra and devasena clicked because they were just beautiful together,just perfect! In evry scene I was longing for Anushka next to Prabhas and was even wondering why ??? Even Kajal Aggarwal would have complemented Prabhas or Allu would have ccomplimented Pooja,but these two didnt strike this Radheshyam cord at all...

Next is the dangling between science and astronomy/palmistry or whatever they try to show! We dont accept palmistry even how much it was justified in the entire movie. For this era it's a bluff and we see a lovers who are risking thier own life based on palm findings is beyond anyone's comprehension! That sounded very lame to me..

And finally the fight between Prabhas and tsunami.,omg! Yes the VGF is terrific but really guys ..Aditya's transformation from a beliver of fate to a non fate one must have been very slow and not this dramatic..the transition should have very organic rather than cinematic...

Still I belive if it isn't about palmistry science  or whatever they tried to promote/ pooja-prabhas combo,it would have been worked well for me..

I missed Anushka the entire film and I prefer to watch prabhas/ pooja alone rather with each other in the whole movie..

It shouldn't have been the Pan India movie at all is my verdict..just old Prabhas the telugu actor is whom I wanted to see..I am going to watch mirchi today to refresh my mind.

Prabhas❤

Yes! In retrospect, Kajal would have been a great choice. The chemistry they shared in "Darling" and "Mr Perfect" was fantastic. This movie has been 4 years in the making. Kajal can pull off sophisticate and "village girl". I wonder why she was not selected.

Originally posted by Quant

Yes! In retrospect, Kajal would have been a great choice. The chemistry they shared in "Darling" and "Mr Perfect" was fantastic. This movie has been 4 years in the making. Kajal can pull off sophisticate and "village girl". I wonder why she was not selected.

I read somewhere that Kajal and Prabhas are not in talking terms...

Actually I beg to differ here..Prabas maybe a one movie star for Hindi Audiences, but down the south especially in Telugu he has his own adherent fan base ..he doeant have to worry about his career end..he is not someone who will vanish this soon..he is going to be in this industry for a very long time! He cant be written off..still his value is same in telugu industry. Maheshbabu also has his hit like 4 yrs ago,but still people applaud him.Thats why stars work down the south. Prabhas is a star not an actor..so his charm wont go down...

I am from south and i know his star power.. nothing to get offense by my post. I generally asked in pan India sense. And i feel he should stop Pan India movies.

And about his face, i seriously feel baahubali make over took toll on him and he is still recovering. 

Oh is it? This is news to me 

and kajal may not act for couple of years as she is expecting her first child. 

Do you know the speculation about the cause, Bharathi_gurti?😲

Originally posted by Quant

Do you know the speculation about the cause, Bharathi_gurti?😲

I think they were  dating and broke up later..

From what I just read , they wanted to marry but his family did not want a North Indian DIL. If true, that is so sad. They haven't made a movie together since Mr Perfect, have they?

Edited by Quant - 2 years ago

I saw it and I have mixed feelings ..saw the Telugu one

Liked the setup, the visuals, the vfx, the music the whole theme of palmistry / pre destined vs self made destiny

But it could have been better…so much better ..could have made it so interesting

Dialogues were cringe ..the whole flirtstionship thing , the comedy

Prabhas voice and face changed drastically since baahubali…something is not right abt either …there is like a drunken stupor when he talks and his face looked like a whole different person in close ups …

I know this coz I’ve seen him from varsham, darling, mirchi…this is not the adorable prabhas he was 😢

Pooja hegde dresses pretty …but that’s it …her acting and her crying scenes are all so bad I can’t ….

No chemistry between the lead pair whatsoever …I feel like this movie needed a young couple …I get they were trying to go for a la la land type of feel which I’m all for …..but it needs incredibly charming leads and good chemistry between them…neither were at there best here ..

Spoiler below

*also hated how he just escapes from a freakin tsunami…or so we assume ….given they don’t actually show how he manages to get to the hospital from the middle of the sea, in torrential waves, with rain, injured and abt to drown ..like wtf*

The movie has flopped in Hindi .. how has it done in telegu ?