Posted: 1 years ago

Woahhh! This is soo good.. loved it! Can’t wait to read more.😍

dreamxr thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Undecided

Chapter 3A

What?! 

The meeting room applauded and stood up in their seats as Asad entered. Her heartbeat doubled. Was it anxiety or excitement, she didn't know. Someone tapped her on her shoulder and she realised she'd been the only one sitting, so she shot up and started applauding like the others. Asad's eyes met hers, Zoya felt a pang of hurt inside her and she quickly looked away. Why did it have to be him, damn it! 

The staff quieted down, and Asad started speaking. Explaining the terms and conditions of their deal. He spoke confidently, Zoya noticed. His voice sounded slightly commanding, but thankful and assuring too. Zoya blushed as she observed him more. She always liked him in his office attire, it made him look sinfully powerful. His face, she noticed, was clean shaven. The contours of his face stood out gracefully. And his hair, it had grown a bit, but not to the point where he'd have to tie it up. It suited him just right. Zoya was reminded of that one lock of his soft hair that would always fall on his forehead. How she would itch to gently push it back into it's place. 

The rest of the meeting went stressful for Zoya. She was on edge the whole time. The one thing she had come to New York to avoid, just had to turn up here! How was she supposed to avoid him?!

"Hey! Zoe!" She heard Sameer call her as she was walking back to her cabin to wrap up. He ran towards her with a worried face. Zoya panicked.

"What? What happened?!" She quickly asked.

"Nothing it's just, you look unwell. I could see you shivering and sweating during the whole meeting! It's a wonder how the other staff didn't notice. What's wrong, do you have a fever?" He kept blabbering in worry and put his hand on Zoya's forehead to check her temperature.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fi-"

"Yeah right you're fine. You have a cold sweat. You know what, take a day off tomorrow okay?" Sameer smiled kindly. Zoya did the same.

I guess I can use this day off to sort myself out. "Thanks, Sam." She said and hugged him tightly in thanking. Sameer chuckled.

"Now scoot! Get some rest. Drink your...uh, green tea and eat your veggie-" 

whack!

"Shut up!" Zoya groaned and waved him goodbye as she walked out the company building. Sameer smiled and shook his head, on his way back to his office. Both of them, having no idea about a certain someone, watching the sprightly exchange with a heavy heart.

Zoya tiredly shut the door of her apartment and leant against it, letting out a long sigh of frustration. She closed her eyes and thought about today. She still couldn't register the fact that Asad was in New York! What was she supposed to do?! She thought finally starting work would help her sort her emotions out, but who thought it'd backfire in such a weird way. 

Shit.

Zoya kicked her shoes off, ticked at the way everything was going. She decided to take a nice, warm, long shower, change into her comfort clothes, and order a large pizza. She was just too tired and frustrated to cook today. 

Zoya did everything as per decided and plopped onto her sofa, with a slice of her favourite barbeque pizza in her hand. Sameer had also called and asked if she needed any help, and that he could come over and cook some soup for her, but Zoya politely declined. As sweet as he was, she really wanted to be alone today. 

There was something else about living on her own. She could wear whatever she wanted, watch whatever she wanted and act however she wanted. Finally, she thought to herself, I can wear comfortable shorts and stuff my face with pizza.

She was just about to take another delectable slice of pizza in her hand, but the doorbell interrupted her. Wondering if it was Sameer, she walked towards the door with a sly smile. Zoya always admired Sameer's thoughtfulness and how genuinely he cared for her as a friend. 

"Sam I told you I-" Zoya's words for stuck in her throat as she saw who it was. "Y-you?" 

Asad Ahmed Khan was standing at her door. His slick, well contoured face ridden with guilt and regret. He looked nothing like he seemed in the meeting. "Hi." He said. That was it, that was all he said before silence consumed both of them for the next two minutes. 

---

He was restless. What he saw kept flashing before his eyes. The possibilities of what could be creeped over him like a threatening shadow. He was obsessed, wasn't he? When had he become so paranoid? It wasn't healthy, it wasn't healthy at all. In fact, he was only here to apologise, right? Then what were these feelings? These, insecurities that had never bothered him before. Why was he feeling so worked up about a normal conversation between two best friends? 

I should go meet her.

Asad sprang up from the bed he was lying in. He had been endlessly staring at the ceiling for about two hours now. It was time he did something worthwhile instead of moping around like a fool. He was going to talk to Zoya. Apologize a billion times, more if he needed to. 

---

"W-what are you doing here?" Zoya asked, a bit more aggressively than she'd like. She could've sworn she saw Asad wince at her sharp tone, her heart dropped.

Asad took a deep breath and said, "I'm...here to apologise. About... everything. What I said to you, I-"

"Mr Khan, how about we go inside and talk this out?" Zoya said calmly. "N-nosy neighbours...you know." Asad nodded and followed Zoya inside. She smiled politely and directed him to the sofa. 

He was nervous and concious. He kept fumbling with his hands and his heart was going haywire. Zoya suddenly seemed too pretty to him. Her attire didn't bother him as it would have before, when he was an idiot. The damp hair and a soft alluring fragrance gave away that she'd just had a shower.

"Would like a cup of coffee or anything?" Zoya glanced at him and said.

"No, I uh..." Asad paused. If he rejected the offer, he'd probably end up making things more awkward. "Actually, I'll make it."

"Yeah okay." Zoya nodded and said absentmindedly. Then realised what Asad had said. "Wait, excuse me? What did you say?"

"I said, I'll make the coffee." 

Zoya tried to hide her surprise. Mr Khan, making coffee for both of them? This was a first! "Uh, but I can-"

"I insist." Asad said resolutely and dashed into the kitchen, arriving a couple of minutes later with two steaming cups of coffee. Zoya dazedly accepted the cup and sat on the small settee in front of the sofa. She took a sip from her cup without looking into it and instantly regretted it. The coffee was black and devoid of sugar, exactly the opposite of how she liked her coffee. She tried not to spit it out as it wasn't ethical to do so, so she kept on drinking it with an awkward smile on her face. "M-Miss Farooqui,"

"Y-yes!" Zoya snapped out of trance and said. A bit louder than usual. 

"I came here to apologise." He said seriously. Zoya glanced at him with cautious eyes.

She responded "For what, Mr Khan?" 

Asad let out a wry chuckle. "Everything."

Eeshh sorry for the late update on this one! There's a second part to this chapter that I will update before writing the chapter for Lost Without You. I just realised I can only do one story at a time otherwise its just ✨ confusion

Edited by dreamxr - 9 months ago
Butterscotch11 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

One niceee update,so Mr. khan is jelly now😉waiting for him to manao and patao Zoya

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Oh I can't wait for this conversation.. 

Hopefully jealousy is not the first thing he mentions but like the change of not pointing out the clothes and being bothered.. 

Waiting or more

Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hey there!

So glad you decided to write a new version of this ss! I am always greedy for Asya stories so the more the better haha! 

This chapter has set up all the curiosity at right levels for their conversation! It's always endearing to watch the tender and earnest Asad who owns up his mistakes and apologizes to Zoya! Not saying that gives him the liberty to hurt her in the first place, but it is heartwarming to see Asad woo/win his Zoya back because in the process he always manages to say or do something that sweeps her off her feet, makes her heart flutter! I'm so excited to read what happens next and what adventures await! 

Please continue soon! I'm always eager to read your stories! Update soon:)

Edited by Wandering_mind - 1 years ago
dreamxr thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Undecided

Chapter 3B

"Everything I said, I- I will never forgive myself for it. A-and when you left, it was hard. It was really hard for me to stop thinking about you. I'm really, really sorry for everything I did wrong to you, Zoya."

Zoya blankly started into the gridded screen of her computer. Asas Ahmed Khan himself, had turned up on her doorstep last evening and apologised to her, for everything? She had been taken aback at first, then she became cautious. What were the chances of his apology being a 100% genuine? He could just be saying what he thought she wanted to hear. Phoopi must've pressured him. I'm sure of it. Otherwise the man would never give up his pride and apologize, would he? Fat chance. 

His apology seemed shallow to her. Hell, after what he said and did to her, every action of his just seemed shallow and forced. His tone had sounded mildly selfish. She didn't like it. Her heart had dared to flutter when he sat on her sofa and said apologetic words, but her head was in the game. She was aware of the consequences she would probably suffer through if she fell into him again. 

Wait, again?

She'd fallen for him before, hadn't she. Her idiot heart had decided to flutter at his sight and go crazy when he was near. It was still doing the same. His deep voice sent tingles down her spine and his intense eyes gave her butterflies. Something was definitely off with her, at least in Bhopal she didn't have the weird urge to shut him up with her lips!

---

"Mr Khan, I really appreciate you coming here and apologising like this...but I don't think I can yet. I was in a very bad state after...after that incident. Phoopi is like a mother to me, and the fact the you blamed me for her attack without even thinking a bit really hurt me, Mr Khan. And at the h-hospital..."

Asad held his head in his hands. She was right. How would could he think she would forgive him so easily? Especially after his horrible reaction at the hospital. He would have to live with the terrible memory. The promise his Ammi had insisted on, seemed like it got harder to fulfill every passing day. He might be in New York with her, in the same building even, but Zoya was far away from him at this point. He didn't know a thing about her except what he got to know when she was in Bhopal. Asad had no idea what to do.

Should I try and get closer to her? What if I screw things up?  His Ammi's advice rang in his ears, "Don't ever give up on something you really love. Ever. Trust me, I know." He bit his lip in frustration, and decided to heed his mother's words. Straightening his coat, he strode across the lavish temporary cabin given to him by Sameer.

Hold on. 

"... something you really love." 

Love.

LOVE?!

Asad's eyes widened and he didn't notice his face warming up. It couldn't be. She may be meaning something to him but...love? No way! How could he ever love her loud talking? The unhealthy way she ate and how the food would stick to her full, pink lips? That mischievous glint in her chocolate doe eyes? That devastating smile whenever she got what she wanted? Wait. This is happening again isn't it. Asad realised he'd only been counting down what he liked about her under the name of hate. Ammi was right. Maybe he did like her. He liked arguing with her and watch her get all aggravated, it amused him how her eyes would flare and her ears would turn a shade darker.

I should go talk to her...

After standing in the middle of his cabin for five whole minutes, thinking about Zoya, what his feelings were and what he'd say to her, Asad finally moved towards the door. His hand was on the door handle, shivering with anticipation, when his phone rang. Asad groaned, who was it now?!

"Hey! It's Anwar here."

Asad's face brightened. "Oh, hi Anwar Uncle. How are you? I'm sorry I couldn't meet you yet, work was pending."

"No worries, I only called to ask you to join us for dinner tonight. We'd be delighted if you could make it."

"Yes! Yes, definitely. I look forward to it."

"Alright then! See you."

---

Zeenat was excited. Anwar had told her what he thought about Zoya's feelings. Her baby sister was all grown up! Of course, she still needed a bit of help in 'boy matters' as they used to call it when Zoya was in high school. She was always the hopeless romantic. 

"Zee! Have you reminded Zoya of today's dinner?" Anwar asked smiling. "She always forgets because of her work. Also do not tell her Asad is joining, let's surprise her." 

"Yes, I called her already, she should be here in a few. Sameer might also join." Zeenat smiled back, but Anwar looked serious.

"Oh. Sameer will join as well. Okay."

Zeenat noticed the change of tone in his voice and furrowed her brows at him. "What's the matter?"

"Well, I don't Asad and Sameer will..." Anwar started worriedly but was cut by Zeenat's laugh. "What?"

"Anwar, don't worry. Everything's gonna be fine." Zeenat assured.

Anwar shook his head. "But how do you-"

"You've invited Asad over to find out about his feelings towards Zoya, haven't you?" Zeenat cut him off again, he nodded sheepishly. "I think a bit of jealousy will help you get to the truth. Hmm?" She smiled mischievously, Anwar got her intentions and raised his brows. Looked like she already had something up her sleeve.

Ding dong!

"That must be Zoya." Anwar muttered and answered the door, and in came their joyful hurricane along with her best friend. In the midst of joyful greetings, another figure came and stood at the door. 

Asad stood quietly behind Sameer, who was gaily greeting Anwar and Zeenat. Anwar smiled at Asad and beckoned him to step inside. Asad nodded politely. Zoya hadn't seemed to notice him yet. Anwar decided to change that. "Asad! Welcome to the humble Farooqui home! I hope you didn't have any trouble finding it."

Zoya's smiled had dropped as soon as she'd heard his name. She was so entangled with her family and Sameer and she hadn't noticed Asad coming into the room, which was news anyways since she never failed to notice him. She whirled around and looked at him with skittering eyes. He was wearing casuals. He was actually. Wearing. Casuals. A beige full sleeved v-neck with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows that looked way too good on him, and a simple pair of jeans. Her heart thumped, she made several attempts at looking away but her eyes just kept making their way back to him. 

Asad suddenly looked guilt ridden again. The moment he saw her whirl around to look at him, he lost the ability to speak. He now knew why he foolishly hated the way she dressed, because she looked gorgeous every time and he had no idea how to handle it. He realised how problematic and stupid his behaviour was. Their eyes met for a few miliseconds, but a whole lot of words passed through them. From curses, to the most heartbreaking apologies.

"H-Hi." Zoya managed to squeak out, trying to break the awkward ice between them. She could at least do that much.

"Hey." Asad responded. Just a two worded conversation between them was enough to make Asad's heart flutter. What was wrong with him!

"Chalo everyone! Chow time." Anwar brightly announced and everyone followed suit, taking their seats at the table. Sameer took his usual place, the place he would always sit at whenever he visited this wonderful family, next to Zoya. 

Asad took his seat directly in front of Zoya. He tried focusing on the food in front of him but his eyes and ear kept wandering to the person in front of him. After three whole seconds of looking at her smiling face adoringly, he forced himself to look at his plate. Again, a loud but weirdly endearing laugh made him look up. Sameer was serving Zoya, saying that since she worked so hard at the office, the least he could do was this. She was laughing and trying to serve herself.

Asad felt a pang inside him, why, he didn't fully understand. For now, he knew that seeing Sameer so close to Zoya made him tick. The fact that he was the one who made her laugh, smile, things she never did when he was around, or she would stop herself from doing so. That he would look at her with hateful eyes despite actually liking her, just to keep his feelings under control until she left, which she did. But here he was, regretting not acting upon his real feelings, letting her go. Watching her get further from him as she grew closer to another guy, who wasn't afraid to be at agreement with his feelings. Who treated her like Asad wanted to but couldn't. What were these bitter, unpleasant emotions. What was this small flare of anger that led to regret?

Wait. Could I be...

...jealous?

His eyes darted back up to Zoya. The realisation had stunned him for a few. He was jealous. Of Sameer. The person who Zoya called her best friend. He was actually jealous.

"Asad! Why didn't you tell us this before?" Zeenat asked excitedly. Asad blinked a few times before looking her with a clueless expression on his face.

"S-sorry? Tell you what?" He stuttered. Still in the process of recovering from his shocking discovery about himself.

"That you're working with Sam's company! What a fun coincidence!" Zeenat softly clapped and Anwar had to place a hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

"O-oh. I thought Miss Farooqui must've told you already." He stated simply, stealing a glance at Zoya. He noticed she was stealing glances at him too, and felt his ears warm up. The room stayed silent for a while. Asad and Zoya kept looking at each other, and the spectators became their secret fans.

"Accha. Anyways! It's time for dessert!" Zeenat interrupted their obvious awkward moment with gusto. "It's moongdal halwa!"

"Vah! This is nice, always make your sister's favourite dishes, and then say I never eat at your place. Iske eating habits kitne unhealthy hain apko pata bhi hai?" Sameer teased. Asad observed quietly. Well, that was unexpected. He thought Sameer's food habits would somehow match Zoya's since they're 'best friends'. 

"Oh shut up! Just because you eat salads and steaks doesn't mean everyone does okay? Indian food is my jaan!" Zoya proudly thumped her chest. Asad bit back a chuckle, resulting in the smallest of smiles from him. Anwar was quick to notice and smiled inwardly. Everything was just so obvious, only these two knuckleheads were oblivious about it.

Dessert was a true delight for everyone. The ghee soaked, decadently sweet halwa put all of them into a good mood. Asad had to admit, no matter how much it was dripping with ghee and sugar syrup, it was really good. 

"Mmm," Zoya groaned as she scooped Halwa into her mouth. Asad's hand stopped halfway to his mouth for a second. That... He shook his head in an unnoticeable way and continued savouring the delicious Halwa. "Yaar Api this is too good! You should be on MasterChef, seriously, I mean..." She pouted and did the chef's kiss. Zeenat chuckled, collecting the bowls from whoever was done eating.

Dessert too was wrapped up soon, and everyone was ready to go home. Anwar grinned, it was time to make his masterstroke. "Asad," he started, hiding the mischief on his face. Asad paused sliding his feet into his shoes and looked towards Anwar. "Where will you be staying for a whole two months? Surely not a hotel, you must have someplace else right?" Trapped him like a mouse. Anwar knew he didn't have anywhere else.

"Uh, woh, actually..." Asad scratched the back of his head awkwardly. Where else could he stay except a hotel?

"Yah Allah! You'll be staying in a hotel for two months?! Do you know how expensive good hotels in this city are?" Zeenat contributed. Anwar grinned inwardly.

"Yes, but there's no other-"

"What no others, what do you think all the people here are for? I mean of course there's no space in this house, there's only two bedrooms but the other one's been made into a storage room after Zoya shifted- wait a minute." Anwar planted the seed. 

Zoya's eyes widened in horror. No way. He's setting us up! Oh I'm gonna get you for this, Jeeju. 

Asad shifted uncomfortably. He had no idea what to do! 

"How about you stay at Zoya's place? She has a great guestroom and lots of space even! It'll do you bank account a huge favour huh?" Anwar joked and laughed, earning halfhearted laughs from everyone else.

Asad gulped, "But I don't think-"

"No no I insist!" Anwar cut him off.

"But Jeeju-" Zoya started.

"Zoya, itna toh kar sakte ho na Asad ke liye?" Zeenat said in a pitiful teary voice.

"Fine!" Both of them groaned simultaneously and looked at each other with a hopeless gaze. Anwar folded his arms and winked at Sameer, who placed a hand on his mouth to muffle a snicker.

"Great! Asad, Sameer and I will help you with your bags, Zoya you drive." Saying this, Anwar directed them out of the door, grinning at Zeenat on his way out.

Soooooo sorry for this late update! I fell victim to covid 🤢 I'm better now though which is why this update was able to make it through :P

Love yall 💖💖

Edited by dreamxr - 1 years ago
Vintage_flow thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Mannn now I want halwa🥱 But seriously, I hope you are doing good now! I got it last year and still have ptsd from the time I was sick 😵‍💫

Coming to the update, this line stole my heart "From curses, to the most heartbreaking apologies." ❤️ It just fit so right in the whole context. You are one good writer yourself! Also, can't wait for Asya to move in, that is going to be fun to read.

So glad to read your update!! As always I loved it ✨ it keeps getting better and better 💖

lilysparkles thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I can't tell you how much I was waiting for you to post. I genuinely loved this chapter. I really reallyyyy loveeeeee your writing. I re-read one of your story "hidden truths" today and fell in love with it all over again. Already waiting for you to post the next chapter.

Butterscotch11 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

A well written update as usual❤️ Glad that Zoya didn't easily forgive him cos that nincompoop needs to make it upto her. Him moving in at her place😏 along with loads of sexual tension. Aapi and jeeju are louveee. Waiting for the next one

Just take care and stay safe 🙂

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hope you are feeling much better.. Take care

Coming to the update .. I liked it, was anticipating what will happen every moment..

Now the tables are turned.. 

Love realization happening a little bit.. 

Excited to see how heir dynmaics will be living together alone :)

Can't wait

Edited by tanvi_mitt - 1 years ago