Undecided. | (The Heart and the Mind...rewritten) - Page 2

Posted: 1 years ago

I’m so excited for Asad to go to New York and grovel!!!

It was really mean what he said…my heart broke every time I watched those episodes where he made Zoya feel like she didn’t have anyone…

Please update more frequently! I love this story x

Good she is back to New York.

Continue soon

I've a different kind of liking for the stories where Zoya is a bit less forgiving. Anyways, I really am loving this one. Zoya went to NY and now most probably Asad will go manaofying her Also I liked the title 'Undecided'. Update this one soon please 

Happy New year my lovelies! I'm sorry I hadn't updated this one in forever! Again, my insecurities about my writing being cringe asf hit me as I was writing this, hope you don't cringe as much as I did! :P

P S: Sorry I couldn't reply to your comments!!

Undecided

Chapter 2

The roads of New York were busy with their usual bustle. Hundreds of people rushing to work, auditions, their dreams. Who knew, someone on those very streets could become a famous star one day, achieve their lifelong visions. This is why she loved it. This city was filled with dreamers, ambition and liveliness. Right now, Zoya was walking her way to work, her old job in her friend's software company. She felt alive today! She was going to meet her closest friend(s) after a long time! Her smile was bright as she entered the company building.

The moment she opened the a door, she was greeted by a roar of "Welcome back!!!" Zoya laughed and ran into the open arms of her coworkers. There was no doubt that she was loved by everyone there. 

"ZOEY!" A joyful shout reached her ears and she turned towards it, with a squeal she ran towards it. The voice in question being, her best friend and the owner of the company.

"SAM!!!" Zoya yelled in euphoria and jumped into Sameer's arms. The rest of the staff looked at them with anxious eyes. "It's been soo long!"

"If 4-5 months are considered so then yeah!" Sameer chuckled and let her go. "Welcome back dude! Y'know, everyone insisted to keep your cabin just the way it is until you return." He said and started leading her to her place.

"Aww really?!" Zoya cooed, placing both her hands on her cheeks. "That's so sweet!"

"Yeah yeah it was sweet and all, but I said there was no need to feed your ego amiright?" He taunted playfully, earning a whack on his arm from Zoya. "Ouch! Damn this is my company don't make me look like an idiot in here c'mon!" Sameer mumbled, rubbing his arm.

"I don't have to do anything to make you look like an idiot. You do that all by yourself." Zoya clapped back and snickered at him. Sameer rolled his eyes and opened the door to her cabin.

"Welcome back! Miss Zoya Farooqui, or should I say, Miss Chief Technology Officer?" Sameer smiled at her proudly. Zoya held her iPad close to her chest in excitement.

"Thanks boss! Or, Mr Sameer Mirza." Zoya nodded towards him gratefully, he smiled, softly wished her luck and left. Zoya looked around her cabin wistfully. She hadn't realised how much she'd missed working for herself. It gave her the opportunity to close out any disturbance from anywhere else. It always helped her to get in the zone whenever she was down. She felt strong and important here.  Zoya let out a loud sigh, sat on her chair and opened the computer in front of her. A work email from Sameer was already waiting for her. Time to get back to work, Zoya Farooqui!

---

It had been a month since Asad got the 'call'. He was leaving for the city of dreams in a couple hours. He sat in the little mini garden that was seen from his bedroom window. This was it, he recalled. This was the very spot in the garden where Zoya would sit, staring at the sky,.deep in her own thoughts. This was the very spot Asad could see from his room, and he would quietly observe her, unknowingly. After she left, his eyes naturally strayed to it the moment he looked out the window, only to find the spot void of it's star. So he'd decided to sit there himself, and so here he was. Staring at the sky, just like the bright eyed enigma that once cried here.

Yes.

She had cried here. He had seen her cry. Silently, by herself, sneaking glances towards the house and making sure nobody saw her. But he had. Zoya would never know just how much he wanted to walk up to her, sit next to her and wipe her tears away. But this, Asad could only imagine. 

He was adamant, Asad admitted to himself, now blankly following a slipstream cutting through the dull blue sky of early dawn. He was adamant and a complete idiot. He was so fixated on the fact that she was a guest and a perfect misfit for his family, that in time, he didn't even realise when she became family. She became precious to him and he didn't even realise it. Asad's thoughts now strayed to Mangalpur. That incident. He had grieved for her, begged her to come back to life, and yet, he hadn't admitted that she was important to him. Instead, he'd blamed her thoughtlessly. Hell, he'd slapped her! Asking for forgiveness after doing something like that, it was crazy. Selfish, even. But he couldn't live knowing she would never talk to him again, look at him again. It most definitely was selfish, then again, when else had he ever actually been selfish? 

"Asad?" Dilshad's voice broke the silence of 5 AM. "Sab samaan taiyyar hai?"

"Ji Ammi. I'll leave soon. Najma kahan hai?" Asad responded with a question. His voice, weak.

Dilshad noticed the emotion in his voice. She came and stood in front of him, enveloping her son in her gentle arms. "Spill." Dilshad said softly. Both of them chuckled.

Asad snuggled into Dilshad and said, "Nothing, I was just...thinking about how I'll face her. I really hurt her, didn't I?" A small sniffle was heard from him. Dilshad sighed and held her son closer. She had no idea how Zoya would take this, because she had never seen her so hurt. After all, she had only stayed with them for a few months. But there was no doubt Dilshad had loved her like her own. Asad and Dilshad stayed like they were for a while, each thinking on their own, as the sky grew a bit brighter and the birds started singing.

"Bhaijaan! Group hug mein mujhe bhi lelo na!" Najma's groggy but excited voice startled them. "Do mahine keliye ja rahe ho, itna bhi nahi kar sake?" Najma laughed and threw her arms around Dilshad and Asad. This was their perfect little family, except, one.

---

It had been about two months now, since she'd started working again. Zoya had been busy as a bee, and she had never felt more like herself! It was good to finally be able to go wherever she wanted, wear whatever she wanted, and just...be Zoya! Although she missed Dilshad and Najma, she didn't brood about it all day. She had managed to bury the hurt inside her, like she was used to doing. She did her work to keep herself from breaking down. After all, she had impulsively given up the search for her father. She didn't know when she'd have the chance to go back there again. Her biological family, which had no hand in her raising, somehow managed to make her cry without even meeting her. 

Anwar was insistent on spending as much time with her as possible. Her friends knew her well enough to know that she hid her sadness for the sake of everyone, so they spent time with her as well. She was smiling, Sameer made sure of that. 

"Alright guys! Now getting to the final reason for this meeting, there is an announcement I'd like to make!" Sameer said to everyone in the room, the employees looked at him curiously from their seats on the long meeting table. "As you know, we've been developing a new, cutting edge construction software. And, we've been looking for a buyer, obviously. So, because of YOUR hard work, we have been offered a deal!" Sameer announced with euphoria. The staff cheered and clapped. "The owner of the company is an old, work acquaintance of mine." Sameer continued. Zoya looked at him and wondered who it could be. "He's been awarded many a-times, he's young, ambitious and quite the heartthrob!" Zoya giggled. An image of a certain someone popped up in her head and she blushed. "May I introduce you to, the owner and CEO of Dilshad Constructions, Asad Ahmed Khan!" 

Zoya froze. What?! 

Hope you liked it! I know the story is moving a bit fast, but it's an SS so it's kinda meant to be short. And sorry for the catastrophically late update!

Oh I love this already 💖 I could imagine it all, especially the Asad part in the garden. That was very well written 🌸 Excited to see what happens next! 

Originally posted by Vintage_flow

Oh I love this already 💖 I could imagine it all, especially the Asad part in the garden. That was very well written 🌸 Excited to see what happens next! 

Thanks!! This means a lot to me! Especially since it's coming from YOU!! 💖💖 Hope I can do justice to this story in the future.

Thanks so much!!! 💖✨

A very well written update. I'm excited for asya face off in NY. Looks like asad will probably be jealous of Sam. It's going to be a fun ride and will wait for your next update

Oh wow! What a twist, he bought that company :D

So, excited to read the story

Can you please post the next chapter soon? Pretty pleaseeee. 

The storyline is quite intriguing and I'm already in love how the story is unfolding.

Ooo, that was so good. Please do continue this one. Your stories really hook me in