Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Mohsin Khan and Shivangi Joshi

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

No offense to the current team. 

A flash back to 2016 when Yrkkh was in doldrums. Rajan Shahi was given a final now or never notice to get those magic numbers back. 

Many SP subscribers and fans did not want another extension. However RS had supreme faith that Kaira will take over. I also had a vested interest because Sonali Jaffer brought Sanaya Irani and Harshad on board for her dream project ie Meenu Masi. Star had given it's nod to her and it was supposed to be Yrkkh's replacement. 

Well I have to credit RS's negotiation skills. Yrkkh continued and MM was shelved. 

He paid special attention to the story and the show got back it's former glory. 

What made a difference is just not the leads, almost everyone put in efforts to make their season work. 

Also two new comers along with supporting cast did a very good job. 

As a final farewell I had hopes that either Shivi or Mohsin gets the trophy. 

Fingers crossed for gold awards. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Baarish_Sim thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I wish the same but I'm not so optimistic that it'll happen. 

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Originally posted by: Baarish_Sim

I wish the same but I'm not so optimistic that it'll happen. 

Why? Gold is no longer sold awards

They have also changed their voting format. Apart from in house Jury they are counting on an actor's SM engagement by asking fans to nominate. 

Baarish_Sim thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Cause the ITV awards - all focus was on Gen 3 performances even though they were only there for 3/12 months. The Dadashahab awards were similar (I think they got the award for a  month or less of performances). I've been told the same thing happened to Naksh when Kaira came - for 2016 Kaira got all the awards even tho Hina was still ("technically") the lead for a few months. Though I do think that is a little bit of a different situation since Kaira was a part of the show for a while with Naksh so it was an integrated performance. Like some of the scenes that got Shivi acclaim in 2016 were opposite Hina. 

I'm not mad at the fact that Abhira got the awards in either situation. I think it's a great thing and a fantastic motivator for better performances in the upcoming months. Moreover, it means Rajan pulled a great move with Gen 3, reviving the show's trps like he did in 2016. 

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Originally posted by: Baarish_Sim

Cause the ITV awards - all focus was on Gen 3 performances even though they were only there for 3/12 months. The Dadashahab awards were similar (I think they got the award for a  month or less of performances). I've been told the same thing happened to Naksh when Kaira came - for 2016 Kaira got all the awards even tho Hina was still ("technically") the lead for a few months. Though I do think that is a little bit of a different situation since Kaira was a part of the show for a while with Naksh so it was an integrated performance. Like some of the scenes that got Shivi acclaim in 2016 were opposite Hina. 

I'm not mad at the fact that Abhira got the awards in either situation. I think it's a great thing and a fantastic motivator for better performances in the upcoming months. Moreover, it means Rajan pulled a great move with Gen 3, reviving the show's trps like he did in 2016. 

If you referring to popular category of ITA and Gold. It is based on fan power. I don't think Shivin won awards in 2016.

Those days Behyadh, KRPKAB, IB had huge fandoms. Kaira had tough competition and they were relatively new.

In 2022  a 3 to 5 million IG fan following is commendable. Technically if every every fan had voted then ITA was their's.

Similarly IMMJ2 and SAAK social engagement or tweet count are in lakhs. 

SAAK has reached half a million tweets in 3 to 4 hours when the channel decided to shut down the show.

Pandya Store, Imlie, Ziddi Dil Mane Na, Mehndi Hai Rachne Waali have over active fans.

I know about MHRW because I was a part of the fd.

However this time no clue who voted for whom or decided to refrain from voting.

Coming to Gold Awards, Vikas Kalantri also has a say in the selection. 

Let us see what he does this time.

meenakkl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Salutethearmy

No offense to the current team. 

A flash back to 2016 when Yrkkh was in doldrums. Rajan Shahi was given a final now or never notice to get those magic numbers back. 

Many SP subscribers and fans did not want another extension. However RS had supreme faith that Kaira will take over. I also had a vested interest because Sonali Jaffer brought Sanaya Irani and Harshad on board for her dream project ie Meenu Masi. Star had given it's nod to her and it was supposed to be Yrkkh's replacement. 

Well I have to credit RS's negotiation skills. Yrkkh continued and MM was shelved. 

He paid special attention to the story and the show got back it's former glory. 

What made a difference is just not the leads, almost everyone put in efforts to make their season work. 

Also two new comers along with supporting cast did a very good job. 

As a final farewell I had hopes that either Shivi or Mohsin gets the trophy. 

Fingers crossed for gold awards. 

I think awards are not only fans votes but social media hype and organizer channel decision

So Kaira worked for 5.5 yrs for a show

As new generation got award many are saying Kaira should have got

I think that's not fair they could have got awards in atleast last 3 ITAs

Now as RS is ruling and awards in starplus definitely those actors will get

As HC is currently very popular he got

Also Sudanshu shared award with NM

But Gaurav didn't

It's always collective desicion

We can't blame  new generation for Kaira not getting award

I think Shivangi got one

So yeah luck also matters

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Originally posted by: meenakkl

I think awards are not only fans votes but social media hype and organizer channel decision

So Kaira worked for 5.5 yrs for a show

As new generation got award many are saying Kaira should have got

I think that's not fair they could have got awards in atleast last 3 ITAs

Now as RS is ruling and awards in starplus definitely those actors will get

As HC is currently very popular he got

Also Sudanshu shared award with NM

But Gaurav didn't

It's always collective desicion

We can't blame  new generation for Kaira not getting award

I think Shivangi got one

So yeah luck also matters

I am referring to popular category which is solely fan dependant.

Nakul and Sudanshu got the Jury award and HC won based on fan votes.

Nt blaming anyone here ..just waiting for the results of Gold awards.

Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I think it depends on fan power. If fans vote then they will surely get the awards. But I'd prefer Abhira get it as they've managed to pull old viewers from gen 1 like myself, back to watching yrkkh again.

As for tribute, I think star plus should do that in star parivar awards. Itd make more sense imo

meenakkl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Okay

But even in popular category I don't think it's only votes

It's always a collective decision

ITA usually gives popular awards to those who are currently ruling social media. It's not only fan votes never

As this year Starplus is hosting HC easily got as things fall in place for him as he is currently trending, trp

Yeah just wanna tell it's never only fan votes it's collective decision of organizer channel

Hope they get one ther😊

DiscoDhokla thumbnail
Originally posted by: Silveraliax

I think it depends on fan power. If fans vote then they will surely get the awards. But I'd prefer Abhira get it as they've managed to pull old viewers from gen 1 like myself, back to watching yrkkh again.

As for tribute, I think star plus should do that in star parivar awards. Itd make more sense imo

Similar to you I am season 1 viewer watching S3. I haven’t watched S2. 

Edited by DiscoDhokla - 2 years ago