Deepika in Gehraiyaan or Alia in Gangubai? - Page 4

Poll Question :

Which is the better performance of year 2022?

Poll Choice
Deepika Padukone - Gehraiyaan
Alia Bhatt -- Gangubai
Login To Vote
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by -PD-

Wow what happened suddenly every one are pro alia. I remember reading every thread against alia few months back 😆

Is it love for Alia or hate for DP 😆

Can't speak for everyone but personally, it's not about "pro" any of these two. I thought that Deepika was amazing in Gehraiyaan and I really liked quite of few of her performances (Cocktail, Ram Leela, Tamasha, Piku) but Alia'a performance in Gangubai is better than any of them by levels imo. She's superlative in portraying nuances and her dialogue delivery is top notch. On the other hand, that aspect is still Deepu's weak point.

Like Briahna said, I was impressed by Deepika in Gehraiyaan but Aloo really did steal her thunder big time this year if we have to compare. 

I didn't see Gangubai yet but as most of the critics ,and cinephiles loved Alia's performance despite of everyone's initial doubt on Gangubai casting, I am sure Alia has done a wonderful job . We cannot blatantly undermine the fact that despite of all her shortfalls she has connection with audience. If the top most position among female actors is real then Alia is definitely in the top most position until the next female actor delivers a superlative performance this year along with the box office collection.

I am a Deepika fan . I like all her work and I believe after Sridevi, Maduri, Kareena era if there is someone in the top league who can aptly  called us typical bollywood heroine material that is Deepika and Katrina.  Deepika though a better actor than Katrina I will not call her the best actress. She is a directors actor and excels when works with directors who focus in performance rather than in cinematography. But If bollywood is about best actors then Priyanka Chopra, konkana sen sharma, Tabu, Radhika apte would be in the top position in their respective era's. I didn't see any of the forum members or critics praising them when they delivers good performance. 

Also when Ramleela was a hit film nobody including the box office article didn't give even 50% credit to the female actor. That movie released when she had a successful ride and Ranveer was not even a star then. At that time the credit was solely given to SLB notwithstanding the fact that his last movies were flop. That wasn't the case with Gangubai. It released after 3 superhits of SLB . Nevertheless I accept that in SLB's movies after Priyanka ,Alia proved her acting prowess whereas DP though looked 10 times better ,her acting except in Ramleela was mediocre .

My problem is with the overhype and the claim that "she proved anti nepotism gang wrong ". In one of the interview SLB revealed tha ten year old Alia showed up in his house to give audition for Black movie .

. Tell me whether it would be easy for Anushka, Sanya Malhotra or even Deepika Padukone ( with her Padukone surname) to step in to his house randomly to give audition? 

After the disaster of Anushka's big budget movie her movie offers decreased substantially but nepotism kids still gets multiple offers. Not just that ,immediately after the release of their favourite kid movie release they praise them in all possible way but same kind of treatment is not given to outsiders.  The hypocrisy is in calling it a sole effort and she achieved the position with her skills. Arre she does has skills so is many other actors but what they lacks is opportunity to use their skills by working with commercially successful directors.

Edited by Kamala05 - 1 years ago

Can’t vote because I couldn’t complete Gehraiyaan…as a movie it was unbearable..!!

Originally posted by briahna

verdict: Deepika one tone actor 

BINGO! People really seem to confuse the crying stuff with 'good acting' 🙄

Baradwaj Rangan summed it up perfectly!

https://i.ibb.co/8P5sdSb/Screenshot-2022-03-05-at-15-50-10-Shakun-Batra-s-Gehraiyaan-wants-to-be-so-subtle-and-tasteful-that.png

Edited by ThrillFly - 2 years ago

You should have read our convo on Gangu movie review thread... i donot like such movies and no i want to wait till OTT release and want to skip human trafficking scenes .. so to your question - no. And i love box office numbers game.. so movie doesnot matter i love to read about them for any movie who claims as hit before it agains it's real numbers 😆

Gangu movie still struggling to reach 120 crores to call it hit while people are celebrating as it hit 200 crores already which is actually funny 😆

When i read praise for Alia on this IF, they look as sarcastic comments showing hate for DP more and less praise for Alia. Gangu looking more like Alia move then SLB movie unlike his other leads smiley36  here you are praising Alia or hating DP smiley14

Wow please stop embarrassing yourself!

I am not a fan of neither actors and honestly like Deepika more than Alia overall but comparing the performances , Alia has the better performance. 

Posted: 1 years ago

Not her fan but Alia did better job

I saw a snippet of Alia in Gangubai and I was left spellbound. Bare in mind, she didn't say a word. 

I haven't liked Deepika in any more than three of her films. However, I've never felt any strong emotions towards her performances, except for Veronica in Cocktail. 

Edited by UmeraTariq - 1 years ago

Seen both movies. For me it's deepika. She was outstanding. Alia was okayish. 

both were difrnt roles

but Alia hands down👍🏼