Is Pritam More Successful Music Director than Rehman, Anu Malik, J-L - Page 3

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

Yes of course...that's why Indian non-fiction shows only seem to focus on 50s-90s music.

Just another FYI, younger gen have their own separate song playlists, away from Bollywood and majority of India (the hub of Bollywood music) still listens to those so called outdated numbers. I have personal examples but I don't want to reveal their identity, otherwise I'd post the videos where 8-10 year olds from smaller cities are asking me to change the song to "aapke bachpan wala".

@bold: Technology advancement ka naam suna hai? ðŸ˜† Mono to Stereo and now Dolby...it makes a HELL of a difference.

During my university days and that 5-6 years ago during the rise of arijit singh , when i used to play 90's song people used to say band kro kya bakwas hai puranay ganay sunte ho the song i played was one of the popular song of its time Ajanabi mujhko itna bata by jatin lalit, u have to accept that the only people who listen to 90 songs are those who grew up to 90 songs only , infact many 90's kids around me moved on and dont listen to those songs , and they feel modern while listening to modren beats 

Originally posted by Arsalan_khan

During my university days and that 5-6 years ago during the rise of arijit singh , when i used to play 90's song people used to say band kro kya bakwas hai puranay ganay sunte ho the song i played was one of the popular song of its time Ajanabi mujhko itna bata by jatin lalit, u have to accept that the only people who listen to 90 songs are those who grew up to 90 songs only , infact many 90's kids around me moved on and dont listen to those songs , and they feel modern while listening to modren beats 

Nope. You wanna limit ur demographic to a specific audience.

There is a wide range of audiences and most still listen to older songs.

I don't have to accept anything because I know the fact. They can only relate to a certain time period i.e 50s to 90s.

City audience is different...but India is made up of cities of various tiers, plus villages. They are not the same as the metropolitan areas. And even in cities, the audience is divided.

If what you said was true, then Air Vividh Bharti would have shut down a long time ago.

Nope. You wanna limit ur demographic to a specific audience.

There is a wide range of audiences and most still listen to older songs.

I don't have to accept anything because I know the fact. They can only relate to a certain time period i.e 50s to 90s.

City audience is different...but India is made up of cities of various tiers, plus villages. They are not the same as the metropolitan areas. And even in cities, the audience is divided.

If what you said was true, then Air Vividh Bharti would have shut down a long time ago.

and in those specific audience majority of people are the 90s kid itself , and i have experienced it with most of people around me , play them old song and they will react that its not worth listening to, and will try to act modren while listening to west songs, forget village or urban/rural thing , cant u see that rafi/kishore are real dead in term of music, they were still alive in the name of sonu nigam or kumar sanu for earlier time say 90s etc as they used to take their reference of expression and mix it with their own songs ,,,  ,,,,,,there is no one using rafi/kishore reference in songs in today times as it will not work for current gen....style of music is completely changed ,

and in those specific audience majority of people are the 90s kid itself , and i have experienced it with most of people around me , play them old song and they will react that its not worth listening to, and will try to act modren while listening to west songs, forget village or urban/rural thing , cant u see that rafi/kishore are real dead in term of music, they were still alive in the name of sonu nigam or kumar sanu for earlier time say 90s etc as they used to take their reference of expression and mix it with their own songs ,,,  ,,,,,,there is no one using rafi/kishore reference in songs in today times as it will not work for current gen....style of music is completely changed ,

Are u telling me that no one is born in these places after the 90s?! India's just populated ainvyi hawa mein?

I don't know which part of Pakistan are you from, so I'll let Maroon reply to you.

But everything you've else you've said esp @bold...dude, I know my country's demographic very well. I know the popular radio stations too and what they play in Hindi understanding and speaking areas.

If that isn't enough, then I have spent maximum of my covid times in rural areas and I have personally seen their music preferences.

Don't disregard the era of talent over what you think the change is because it is not true at all.

Are u telling me that no one is born in these places after the 90s?! India's just populated ainvyi hawa mein?

I don't know which part of Pakistan are you from, so I'll let Maroon reply to you.

But everything you've else you've said esp @bold...dude, I know my country's demographic very well. I know the popular radio stations too and what they play in Hindi understanding and speaking areas.

If that isn't enough, then I have spent maximum of my covid times in rural areas and I have personally seen their music preferences.

Don't disregard the era of talent over what you think the change is because it is not true at all.

I dont understand what he is saying even 

Sonu is not played in Pakistan

Rahat and Aima and Momina are more well liked. Their music played

Sonu is not

Okay let me put in this way, name any new age singer who follow traditional singing pattern any,... From rafi kishore, udit, kumar, Sonu, Shaan    any new modren day singer follow any of these singing styles,... I don't think so no one around... So technically that singing style is replaced by new modren style where they don't need to express like rafi or emote like kishore or smile like udit, it's new age singing style which is more raw in nature which is popular so audience are more listening to that style

Edited by Arsalan_khan - 2 years ago

Okay let me put in this way, name any new age singer who follow traditional singing pattern any,... From rafi kishore, udit, kumar, Sonu, Shaan    any new modren day singer follow any of these singing styles,... I don't think so no one around

Whats the traditional singing pattern ? 

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Whats the traditional singing pattern ? 

The rafi kishore style of singing, which was the reference for 90s singers... And is not the case anymore... No one use that reference of singing, today music and songs are more of husky and raw singing style 

The rafi kishore style of singing, which was the reference for 90s singers... And is not the case anymore... No one use that reference of singing, today music and songs are more of husky and raw singing style 

I dont know what to tell you

Zack Knight is smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZAAHUT3RDU

Maybe your just biased ?

The singing style doesn't change, only the flavour does.

And you were on music, what does that have to do with the singing style?

Also we're living in a time where reality show contestants have more craze than so-called established singers after 2010.