Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DushtKanya thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

LOVED the picturisation of this song and the song itself - powerful. And Huma is beautiful. 

Alia is superlative in her portrayal of nuances man - look at that body language, her expressions and the way she represses her pain. No wonder SLB was so impressed by her.

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

My favorite song from the movie finally out. It broke my heart into pieces, Alia's expressions and the turn the storyline took really packs a punch. Huma is beautiful. The song reminds me of Pakeezah and Mughal-e-azam songs 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

So beautiful.....Alia ❤️

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I just came here to post this song because it deserves it's own thread.

You guys have to listen to the full version. I am obsessed. I think it's the best song composition I have heard since 2018. So so so beautiful. SLB is a maestro. Here's the full version with lyrics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4A9jU-fba0

-

The video is so wonderful too. Huma looks great, and the drama... 💔

Archana Gore has done a wonderful job, I've never heard her name before so this is a stunning debut. Nicely backed by Tarannum Malik, Aditi Paul, Lakpana, Dipti, Pragti.

-

Side note: I was getting certain vibes of a classic 1945 song from the film Zeenat called "Aahein Na Bhari Shikve Na Kiye"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZRF0S-ahEo

Of course there is far less anguish in this song, but it's the coming together of a number of female singers in the qawwali style that did it for me 

- namely Noor Jehan, Zohrabai Ambalewali, Kalyani.

EDIT - I forgot to shoutout out the lyricist A. R. Turaz. who did a splendid job too. 🥳

Edited by Rekha_ji - 2 years ago
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

This song is beautiful and probably was needed as it gives the much needed closure for Gangu and her lover but I as audience couldn’t wait to get to the other side of the song.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Love this song so much, the music, vocals, lyrics,  everything is just perfect imo... ❤️

In fact listening to the album for the first time the other day, I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful all the songs are, each in their own ways... beautiful and perfect for the time period the movie is set in- not too modern or too old fashioned sounding...

On a side note though it's baffling as to why they chose to release Dholida first, as that's probably the most unremarkable song on the album, and Alia's performance was weakest there as compared to the others I've seen 😕... 

Like I don't even like her and even I found her good in this song, as well as Jhume Re Gori and Meri Jaan...

But yeah baaki sab ka toh pata nahi (haven't watched the film yet), but I really hope this movie sweeps all the awards for best album, best soundtrack etc....

Edited by Anjalika01 - 2 years ago
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hmmm.. Huma does not look attractive there lol

I usually love most songs composed by SLB, no idea why but can't warm up to this album. It's a bit thanda. This one is okay, kinda like a mish-mash of old songs, been there done that types. 

guiltypleasure thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I agree.. Alia's acting here was superlative. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

It's such a pleasure to see the extinct qawwali making a comeback. And that too with the dancers properly seated and all. That said, Huma having her kerchief tucked into her bosom was a bit tacky. Everything else was perfect. The song, the lyrics, the underlying tension between Gangu and her boyfriend and Huma's sensuality. Maybe Bhansali was even giving us a teaser for  Huma's character for his upcoming Tawaif web series..