NEW AsYa TS| If Only...

Posted: 2 years ago

Hi! I know I know, I still have to update Lost Without You, but to really get my writing juices flowing for an AU story to continue, I sometimes need to tap into the original characters! So thus (you can consider this as a compensation for the chapter), the TS. Enjoy mah peeps!

Note: It's kinda angsty I guess, I've been trying out new things in my writing lately :) Also, italics are thoughts (and emphasis) and bold italics are flashbacks (or memories).

PROLOGUE

"Miss Farooqui and I have no kind of relationship, you can take her."

His own words rang in his ears as he sat alone at the dinner table in the dead of night. His mother was sleeping, so was his sister. He swallowed the morsels on his plate with difficulty, but knew that this is how it was going to be now. In fact, this is how it had been for almost half a year. 

Dilshad was disappointed in her son, Najma was angry at her brother. Both of them didn't even bother to wait for him for dinner, which chipped at his heart. Everyday for the past six months he had been alone at the dinner table, a single minute hadn't gone by where he hadn't thought about Zoya. His eyes had kept darting to her bedroom door, as if she would burst out of it any moment. Reciting a silly couplet and flashing those captivating dimples.

Asad closed his eyes and pressed his palms into them, sighing.

"She is going from our lives forever! Aren't you going to stop her?"

"No."

And that was it. She went, and he let her go. If only he had realised his mistake sooner, if only he had stopped her. If only he had listened to his heart, just that one time, maybe things would've been different. Ammi and Najma would be happy and she would be here, in his arms. Being happy with him.

"Zoya!" Dilshad chanted in euphoria when she heard Zoya's voice on her phone. "Mashallah it's so wonderful to hear your voice." She said in a teary voice, Najma came dashing down the stairs as soon as she heard mention of her BFF.

"We miss you too much beta, how are you?"

Asad's ears perked up like that of an animal and he strained to listen to the commotion in the living room from his bedroom. Asad stood up in what seemed like a trance and went on to the living room.

"Zoeee! I miss you sooo much! You know I lost 5 kilos in these two weeks!"

"Wow Najma that's amazing!" Came a faint voice from the phone. Asad's heart fluttered, there was no doubt that he missed her voice. Her sweet, melodious voice. He felt a small smile tugging at his lips. Weird, he thought. She could still make him smile from half a world away.

Dilshad noticed her son standing in the corner of the room. He was smiling and had no idea how much that meant to her. Asad looked awkwardly at his mother and had an expression of being caught flash on his face. Dilshad smiled knowingly at him and motioned him to come along. He took a deep breath and obliged.

"Zoya you know, Bhaijaan also misses you a lot." Najma said looking at her brother with teary eyes. Asad blinked away some tears. 

But the line went silent for a while before Zoya said, "R-really? But..." Najma covered her mouth in sadness as she heard Zoya's voice crack. Asad didn't hesitate to let out a longing sigh. Dilshad took over the phone.

"He really does beta. Here, talk to him." She said and handed the phone to Asad, who smiled and held it to his ear, more than glad to finally talk to her.

He opened his mouth to say something, but his smiled faltered and his heart sank. 

The line was cut.

Controlling a long held sob, he handed the phone back to his Ammi and quietly retired to his room. 

"Asad?" Dilshad's voice broke him out of his reverie. "Khana khaya?"

"Haan, just about to go to sleep." He answered. "How are you awake? I thought you were sleeping."

"I was, but lately I've been missing Zoya too much. I can't believe it's been six months!"

"Yeah. I'm just gonna..." Asad mumbled and proceeded towards his room, wanting to avoid any conversation regarding Zoya. Because he knew he would break.

"Asad."

He turned around, knowing what was coming.

"I know you-"

"I don't want to talk about it Ammi." He said curtly and took a step towards his room, but Dilshad held his wrist.

"Stop it Asad!"

"Stop what?"

"Acting like you don't miss her." Dilshad stated. Asad's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry! I know she left because... because I..." He couldn't even get the words out. "I just...feel like there's something missing, you know? I can't think straight, the only thought going through my mind is...her! I can't help feeling guilty. I-"

"Why don't you call her up, hmm?" Dilshad said stroking his clean shaven cheek gently. "Admit and accept for once Asad, that it wasn't her mistake, it was yours."

"I doubt if she will even pick up." Asad said defeated. "You remember what happened when she called." Dilshad smiled sadly at her heartbroken son.

"You won't know until you try."

"I did! Several times!" Asad blabbered, without realising what he had just admitted.

"She'll come back to you whenever she is destined to."

"I hope so."

If only he'd stopped me.

Zoya sat by her bay window, sipping coffee, staring into the iconic New York skyline from her home. Home. Was it? Because ever since she came here, it didn't feel like it. Even the glorious green meadows of Central Park couldn't do the magic they had done before. Something was missing.

"Miss Farooqui and I have no kind of relationship, you can take her."

His words had cut through her like a knife. It had been eight months now, just four more and it would be a year. Usually, people moved on after a year right? Guess, she would have to do the same.

So that was the prologue folks! I hope you liked it and wish to read more...anyways, keep reading so I can keep writing! Love y'all 🤗

Edited by Stan-Stan - 2 years ago

Hey there!

Woah so glad to see a new post up here! 

I'm yet to keep up with 'Lost without you' but totally loving this treat! (Gonna catch up on that one soon, hoping I'll have another update to read there too by weekend!...too greedy I know :P) 

The title really symbolizes Asad and Zoya's relation, because they had so many 'if only' moments that could have brought them together if they acted upon them but obviously how would the show run that long if logical/creative tracks were written -.- ! 

Nevertheless, I'm so glad that we still get a chance to read an alternate plot because of amazing writers like you! 

Excited for this one! Do post the part soon! Always love to read anything on Asad and Zoya!

You've for no idea how glad I am to see new oses turning up at the forum .Good one really liked it do continue :)

I get so happy when I see new stories and updates pop up the forum. I really enjoyed the angst here....something about Asya against just hits the spot. Really looking forward to reading the rest!

This is sooo amazing! I want to read this further! 
Hoping asad will call her! I don’t know why but I love reading stories with asad being guilty! Maybe because the show did not show him guilty ever! Loving the stories! Keep them coming❤️

yes I agree! I love reading stories with angst and asad feeling guilty! really wish they portrayed more of that in the show

Okay so I got hold of my old account!!! I kept trying to log in because honestly I couldn't just give it up right? And then it finally worked! I'm back to my senior member glory lol. Anyways, in celebration, here's the next part!! Sorry for this late update though, it was my friend's birthday yesterday 😅

Note: I know I said this story will be a bit angsty, but this chapter is the odd one out, the angst starts a bit later ;)

PART 1

2 years later.

"Najma! Quickly tell the decorators that the theme is Blue will you? It's your favourite colour na?"

"Jee Ammi."

"And Asad, invite Prasad and anyone you feel should attend."

"Yes Ammi, and Ammi-"

"Allah! I can't believe I forgot. I have to invite Anwar and Zeenat and-" Dilshad ranted. Asad's head shot up at the mention of...

"Zoya." He filled in, absentmindedly staring into nothing.

"Y-yes. Of course!" Dilshad stammered, smiling. "She's family."

"Yay!" Najma squealed and clapped her hands. "Finally, we'll be seeing her after two years! Can you believe it's been that long?"

"I'm excited to see her as well." Dilshad gave her giggling daughter a side hug. Asad stood in silence, but his mind was whooshing with every coherent thought he could imagine of Zoya.

She's coming back. I'm gonna see her, talk to her, hold...her...

"I'm sorry Zoya." 

I could say that a million times now. I'm so...so sorry. I miss you Zoya. I do. So much.

••••••••

"It's 3:00! Shouldn't Zoya be here already?" Najma pouted and whined. Dilshad shook her head and continued making Zoya's favourite fish fry.

"Tamater, the plane lands at 3:00. She can't just teleport here now can she?" Asad retorted rolling his eyes. Although he wished she could teleport. He had waited with all his heart for two whole days, no, years! It was like his eyes were itching to see her. He had wanted to crush her in his arms and apologize to her a billion times. More than that, he wanted to see those adorable dimples that had been starring in his dreams for two whole years.

Time flew, it was 3:30 now and every human in the Khan Villa was waiting eagerly for Zeenat-Anwar and Zoya to arrive.

The bell rang. Dilshad answered the door.

"GUESS WHO'S BACK!!" 

"Zoya!" Dilshad and Najma exclaimed simultaneously and brought her into a tremendous hug. "You have NO idea how much we've missed you." Najma mumbled over a laughing Zoya's shoulder.

"I missed you guys a lot too Tamater! Ask Api for proof if you like." Zoya joked. Zeenat had just entered and rolled her eyes at Zoya.

"She talked about you all the time! Mujhe toh lagta hai ki usne humse zyada aapko hi miss kiya! I'll bet she didn't even mention us when she was here."

"Nahi Zeenat. She also missed you a lot! Don't say that!" Dilshad chuckled heartily and said.

Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Thump-thump.

Asad stood rooted to his spot the moment Zoya had walked in. Not only had she grown even more beautiful, which he hadn't thought was possible, but she had this new alluring maturity about her. When she hugged his Ammi and sister, the sparkle in her eyes was brighter than ever. He'd missed that spark for so long. He couldn't help thinking that his fastening heartbeat was loud enough for everyone to hear!

Dilshad noticed her son standing like a ghost near the kitchen. He looked mesmerized by something. Or was it someone?

"Asad! You haven't even greeted her beta, aate aate hi jhagda shuru?" Dilshad taunted chuckling.

"Y-yes. Forgive me. Welcome back...Miss Farooqui." Asad stuttered awkwardly. Zoya gave him a dimpled smile.

"Thank you Mr Khan! How's everything going for you?" Zoya asked politely, this was going to be much more harder than she thought.

"Wonderful. Dilshad Constructions is prospering more than ever, and Najma is getting married to someone she likes! What could make this better?" He answered simply. Oh he knew what could make it better, and he desperately wished so.

"Good on ya!" Zoya chirped. 

"Zoya, yeh Azhar kahaan reh gaya? Kab se hum idhar khade hain aur realise hi nahi hua!" Zeenat questioned as she wheeled her suitcase further into the house. Zoya insisted her sister to leave it to her and quickly shifted all the bags to her old guestroom. Asad was left standing near the dinner table, wondering to himself, who's Azhar?

"Sorry Anwar uncle! I got caught up with my taxi driver, he wasn't ready to give me a reasonable price." Said a mildly raspy voice with a the hint of an accent. Asad's eyes darted to the door, where a well-built man in his late twenties was dragging in a black suitcase. Zeenat smiled at him and proceeded to tell Dilshad about this handsome young man.

"Maaf karna Dilshad! Mein toh bhool hi gayi isske baare mein bolna! This is Azhar, he's been close to our family ever since we decided to take Zoya in. He's extremely close to Zoya.-"

Asad's eyebrows rose. Extremely close? How close exactly?!

Zeenat paused as Dilshad gave Azhar a small, polite hug of greeting. He said his salaam and followed Dilshad's directions to the guest room, where Zoya was managing the luggage. "Mashallah kitna accha ladka hai Zeenat! I can see why you wanted to bring him along." Dilshad complimented as Azhar went with his bags.

"Yeah he's-"

"Arre vah!! Dekho kaun aaya hai! Zoya, Zeenat, Anwar, meet Najma's fiance, Imran." Dilshad announced and everyone rushed to meet him. Greetings we're thrown around, and everyone was excited for Najma's Sangeet. But there was one brooding soul in the house. A soul which couldn't stop thinking about its mistakes, its regrets.

"Api! Azhoo kahan rahega? Guest room toh ek hi hai!" Zoya suddenly realised. Asad furrowed his brows, she calls him 'Azhoo'? Why does she call him Azhoo, can't she just say Azhar?!

"Miss Farooqui theek se bulayega, shayad tabhi aayega." Asad mumbled, but as usual, it reached Zoya's sharp ears and she glared at him.

"Ab aap apne best friend ko Tannu bula sakte hain, lekin mein Azhar ko Azhoo nahi bula sakti?!" She said apprehensively. Asad rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to sass her back, his heart danced inside just to have one of those silly bickers with her once again.

"Dekho, shuru ho gaya inn dono ka firse!" Dilshad said chucking and pulled Asad's ear playfully.

"Oww Ammi!!" He grumbled whilst Zoya giggled. Asad's lips tugged into a small smile after hearing her laugh. It had been so long. So damn long. "Okay okay fine! Sorry!" He groaned.

"Mera naam liya aur mein aaya!" Azhar announced cheerfully and stood next to Zoya, wounding a strong arm around her waist and pulling her closer to his side. Zoya giggled a bit too much and placed a soft hand on his chest.

Asad watched the scene unfold before him in horror, sadness, anger and many more emotions he never knew he had. The fear that had haunted him since the day she left came back roaring like an avalanche. His stomach pitted, and his heart almost stopped.

Zeenat came hurrying out of the kitchen. "Aur haan! Ek important baat bolna toh mein bhool hi gayi! Najma, Dilshad, Asad. Zoya and Azhar are about get engaged!"

And let the angst commence!!! Bwahahahah! I think this chapter is a bit shorter than my standard, but I just needed something to build up to the BIG REVEAL. Hope you guys liked it! 

Btw, I'll update Lost Without You soon.🙂

Edited by Captain_Crash - 2 years ago

Woahhh! Guilty asad and then jealous asad! You are on a roll!!! Loving this so much😍❤️

Originally posted by sj_qh_kabhi

Woahhh! Guilty asad and then jealous asad! You are on a roll!!! Loving this so much😍❤️

Thank you so much!!! Next chapter will be up soon :)

Hi guys! Here's the next part. Sorry for the late update on this story, I was mostly busy and barely had time to write. 

Btw, I just realised that I LOVE reading angst. But I suck at writing it! So here's the next chapter with just a sprinkle of what could barely qualify as angst :P

A/N: As you might've noticed, this story will be focusing more on Asad's perspective. Don't worry, Zoya's perspectives are there as well, but there are more of Asad's.

P.S: Portions in italics are thoughts/emphasis and bold italics are memories/dreams.

Part 2

Worlds came crashing down, tears threatened to spill and a scream lodged in his throat. She's getting engaged. Does she want to? Does she have feelings for the guy? Are they already together of sorts?! 

"Wow Zeenat! That's something we didn't expect at all! Congratulations Zoya!" Dilshad cheered, despite noticing the defeated look on her son's face. Zoya smiled half-heartedly at Dilshad. If only they knew what was really going on.

Asad felt like punching all the walls surrounding him. He was too late. All this time he kept ignoring his feelings, hoping they would go away but they only got stronger. And now, when he thought he finally had the chance to make everything right, he'd already lost her to someone else.

Dilshad looked at her son in sadness and worry. She knew Asad had wanted a chance to make everything right. But...

"C-congratulations. Miss Farooqui." He managed to squeak out. She smiled at him, and their eyes locked. Asad's breath caught, it had been so long since he'd gazed into those captivating pools of chocolate. Her lips were curved into a gorgeous smile, but he didn't fail to notice that it didn't reach her eyes. They didn't brighten up like they used to when she was here. Something was off. He nodded his head ever so slightly, silently asking her if something was wrong. She shook her head and looked away, making Asad long for more than just an eye lock. If only I had confessed, it would've been me she was getting engaged to.

What they didn't notice was, that another pair of eyes was watching their whole exchange with relief. No, it wasn't Dilshad, it was none other than Azhar himself.

The family settled in their rooms after a scrumptious lunch cooked insistently by Dilshad. All of them ate till their stomachs were full and packed. The house was quiet and drowsy in the summer heat. Everyone was either sleeping or lounging in their rooms, resting before Najma's engagement in the evening.

Asad was too exhausted to work so he simply laid down on his bed, only in his trousers, trying to wave off the heat. The AC whirred blankly, sending whooshes of cool air throughout the room. Asad sighed and placed his palms on his eyes, thinking about the one person he never stopped thinking of.

"Engaged!" The word rang through him like a tuning fork. You might still have a chance though, his heart chimed in. It's not like they ARE engaged. He furrowed his brows at the thought, partially agreeing. But the fact that he no longer felt the right he had on her broke him. Before she left, although he had never admitted it, he felt as if she was somehow meant to be here. With him, his family. She was closer to him than Tanveer, that wh*re. 

His hands curled into fists at the thought of her. She had tried to pass off her own pregnancy as his child. Hell, they were about to get married! Everything had been prepared for their marriage, even Asad himself had a misconception about the child when he had woken up beside her in his bed, shirtless. He felt disgusted. With himself. 

His heart had shattered into a million pieces when a few days later Zoya had called to congratulate him, but instead had passed on her greetings to his mother and cut the call before he could speak to her. She had been doing this for one year after she left, every single time and it just hurt more. Every night he prayed, his prayers would include the words, "I'm sorry, Zoya." 

He wished, with all his heart that she would just allow him to apologise. Once, just once. If he could just tell her how much he regretted letting her go like that. That every day without her was a curse for him.

Tears formed in his closed eyes as the irony of the situation sank into him. He wanted her back, and he got her. But she was already someone else's.

Zoya stared at her iPad absentmindedly. Seeing Asad Ahmed- well, Akdu Ahmed Khan again was getting to her. She hadn't forgiven him, no. But the way looked at her made her want to smack him across the face and kiss him senseless at the same time! God, he drove her crazy.

She wanted to shake him by his shoulders and yell at him, "Why did you let me go?!"

She still remembered, that day when she felt her world crumbling. A wedding card had landed on their doorstep, Zeenat was happy to announce the said "good news" to everyone in the house.

"Asad Ahmed Khan marries Tanveer Abbas Qureshi" The words burned into her mind the moment she saw them. She felt something break inside her. There was no way she was forgiving him after that.

A knock on the door shook Asad out of his reverie. Grumbling softly, he quickly slid on a t-shirt, rubbed his eyes and opened the door. He was slightly taken aback by whom was at the door.

"Hi." Said Azhar. "We haven't really introduced ourselves. I'm Azhar Mirza." He said politely and extended a hand for Asad to shake. 

Asad hesitated for a moment, confused at the behaviour of Zoya's 'to-be husband'. Then quickly gripped Azhar's waiting hand. "Asad Ahmed Khan." 

"So, Asad," Azhar paused, thinking about the time Zoya called this guy 'Mr Khan'. Maybe he didn't like being called by his first name. "Can I call you that?" 

Asad nodded. He thought of the name 'Mr Khan' as Zoya's remembrance. Even though it seemed formal to others, whenever he heard the term, he would get reminded of her. Of how he had kept her so far away from himself, she didn't even call him by his name. Ever since he realised this, he started asking people to call him by his first name, even his colleagues. This new act of his had surprised his mother 2 years ago, but her understanding only grew later.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something." He paused, looking at Asad.

"Yes?"

"Look, I mean no offence, but I kinda saw the way you and Zoe look at each other." Azhar said carefully. Asad's eyes met his as soon as he heard 'Zoe'. 

Asad's anger was bubbling. He didn't even know why. Maybe it was because this 'Azhoo' guy was probably here to stake his claim on Zoya. His Zoya. What he was fearing the past two years, had already happened. She was to be betrothed to someone else. Azhar was doing what Asad had been craving to do since two damn years. He was claiming Zoya.

Azhar saw the rage building up in Asad's eyes and quickly said, "Look man before you make any conclusions, let me just say that I'm not being... possessive or anything."

Wait, what?

"I can see how you look at her, and believe me, I would do anything to see Zoe happy. The situation is not what you think. Yes, Zee Api has decided to get us engaged, but neither of us really want it." Azhar explained to a dumbstruck Asad. "This is what happened..."

"Allah Miya what's wrong with Aapi?! She's fixed YOUR marriage with ME!"

"WHAT?!" Yelled Azhar. "B-but I can't, you know I-"

"Want to go to Le Cordon Bleu yes I know! We have to think of something... I can't marry you! You're my best friend! My brother from another mother! What do we do?!"

"Well, I mean. At least I have a reason I don't want to marry you. I can use it to convince Zee Khala. But what about-"

"Azhar I, I can't marry anyone right now. I don't care if its you. I would've refused if it was any other man." Zoya said sadly, staring out her bay window.

"Zoya...did something happen in India? Whatever happened, you know you can trust me."

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"What I can't believe is that you've been much more... different since you came back. And it's been two years. Two whole years, Zoya." Azhar sighed into his phone. Something had been up, it had definitely changed the Zoya he knew. 

"I...loved someone."

"She later told me she loved you, Asad. But she doesn't say why she wouldn't come back here." Azhar shrugged helplessly and said. Asad's heart swelled as he heard the first sentence, she loved me, but sank as soon as he heard the next.

"S-she said she would never come back here?" Asad asked weakly. He hated himself for hurting her so much that she never wanted to come back. She loved me and I let her go.

"Yeah. But, then she heard of your sister's engagement happening 3 months ago and somehow happily agreed to come here for the rest of the rituals. I guess she really loves her huh." Azhar smiled. 

"Yeah." Asad smiled at the door opposite his room. "Wait so..."

"We actually planned this entire thing where she cries and does some drama about wanting to stay here in India, with your family and explaining why she can't go with me to France. We had to put up that little act earlier just to pacify Api." Azhar sheepishly said. "So we had everything planned but, then she saw..." Azhar trailed off, recalling Zoya's state when another wedding card had landed at their doorstep.

"W-what?" Asad queried worriedly.

"Your wedding card, you were getting married to some girl named Tanveer." He looked at Asad's face and said. Asad was pinching the bridge of his nose. His throat burned. He couldn't imagine the pain on her beautiful face. "She locked herself in her room for a week after that. It was so unlike her, even I got scared for her. But then out of nowhere, she said that she'll still come. And that all she had to do was ignore you. She kept mumbling to herself on the plane, 'ignore him', till I told her not to sweat it and get some sleep!" 

Asad heart broke for her. He could picture her crying in her room and didn't want anything more than to hold her, soothe her. "C-can you do something for me?" Asad asked, knowing that Zoya wouldn't want to easily forgive and forget.

"Yeah, sure!" Azhar shrugged.

"Can you just let her know that... there's nothing in my life, that I regret more than letting her go." Tears formed in Asad's eyes and he away from Azhar to stare at his closet.

"Hmm. Listen, Asad. Whatever happened between the two of you, I'm no one to say anything about it. But please, do talk to her about it. I know that your marriage to that Tanveer girl was cancelled for some reason. And I know that you love her. Do anything you feel you need to, just bring the old Zoe back." Azhar pleaded. Asad smiled sadly.

The old Zoya. The shayri reciting one, the pizza eating one, the fearlessly fighting one.

"I will." Asad stated.

The Sangeet was at full swing. The house was studded with twinkling golden lights and sky-blue coloured drapes flowed from corner to corner. Everyone was having a good time. The hors d'oeuvres we're being rotated all around the house as people ate, danced and chatted. Meanwhile, Asad's eyes were fixated on the angel of his life. She was looking mesmerizing in a baby blue anarkali dress, her lips were a sinful shade of carmine, and her hair rested on her shoulders in loose curls. 

The only thing that bothered him was, how was he supposed to confess to her? His irritation only reached new heights when he saw one of his friends, Faiz, openly laughing with her. Her tinkling laugh floated into his ears and sent him into ecstasy. It was this laughter that he longed to hear, but he himself had snatched it from her. Instinctively he walked towards them, not caring about how it might look.

"Hello Faiz, Miss Farooqui." He acknowledged both of them curtly.

"Hey bud! Long time no see! How are you nowadays?" Faiz asked enthusiastically. 

"Just fine." Asad answered, but his eyes were glued to Zoya, who was awkwardly looking at the drapes around her to distract herself. There was a long, awkward, pause before Faiz couldn't handle the silence and walked away after politely excusing himself. Asad smirked inwardly, finally, I'll be able to talk to her. "So, Miss Farooqui, congratulations on your wedding getting fixed."

Zoya's eyes shot up to meet his. "Uh, thanks." She quickly said and started walking away. But Asad caught her arm and gently guided a gobsmacked Zoya to a more secluded place.

"M-Mr Khan? What..." But before she could complete her sentence, she felt her back hit against a pillar and realised their proximity. Her eyes popped.

"I just want to talk to you, Zoya." Asad admitted simply. He wasn't holding her anymore, just standing really close, Zoya had no option but to lean with her back against the pillar. "I'm... I'm sorry."

Zoya couldn't think coherently. Her heartbeats, as usual, were erratic when she was near him. No no no, this isn't supposed to happen! I'm here to attend Najma's wedding, that's it! "Um, for w-what?" She asked softly, not daring to look into his eyes as she knew they would be her undoing.

"For everything."

Zoya held back a sob. "Mr Khan I...really don't want to talk about this." She said weakly and tried slipping away from him but he just held her arms and pinned her against the pillar. "Mr Khan what are you-"

"Sshh!" He shushed her and held his forefinger on her lips. He couldn't help but groan inwardly at the way they felt against his fingers. If her lips felt like this just on his fingers, imagine how they would feel against my lips. He could almost hear her breathing heavily, he could feel her breath shivering over his finger. "Just, hear me out for today. Please."

"Mr Khan there's nothing left to hear for me. The past can't be fixed, I'm here for Najma's wedding, that's all. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to help Phoopi with the guests." Zoya said coldly and once again tried slipping away from him. The cold note in her voice had cut through him like a knife. He had to stop her somehow. His body moved of it's own accord and he held on to her wrist.

He saw and felt it all in slow motion. Her trying to loosen his hold on her, him grabbing her waist and pinning her to the pillar, her eyes popping in shock, and him crushing her lips between his.

HAH. See y'all in the next update (and comments ofc) ;) Btw, this is a three-shot!

Edited by Captain_Crash - 2 years ago