Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Off topic: Veg Biryani or Veg Pulao?

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I wanted to make this post in the Debate Mansion forum but as that forum is dead, I am posting it here. Mods can shift the topic to that forum if they wish to.

So I have come across this interesting debate on the internet about Veg biryani in social media. If u search Veg Biryani in YouTube or Instagram and check the comments, u will find quite a few people, mostly non vegetarians claiming there's nothing called Veg Biryani, it's only Veg Pulao. According to them, Biryani is a non-vegetarian dish and any rice item that has no non-veg stuff in it is nothing but pulao. Lot of the non-vegetarians have trolled and made fun of people who call the dish Veg Biryani. If we compare the method used to make veg biryani with any non-veg biryani, the method is more or less the same. The masalas used are more or less the same too. It's just that veg biryani is cooked with veggies and they aren't much added in any non-veg biryani. Probably that's the reason people love to call it veg biryani because the method to cook it is same. If u visit any Indian restaurant anywhere in the world, u will find 2 separate dishes in the menu, Veg Biryani and Veg Pulao. 

So the so called Veg Biryani is actually not Veg Biryani and Veg Pulao? What are your opinions? 

Again, I know this has nothing to do with Bollywood but I have seen people posting about politics and sports and lot many stuff that have nothing to do with Bollywood because this is one of the most active forums of IF hence am posting it here.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Change the title to 'Which actor likes Veg Biriyani and Which one likes the Puloa'

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

What's in a name? whether you call Lallu bhai a genda or a bhains, we're referring to the same thing.  Similarly, veg biryani or pulao, kya farak padta hai? it is whatever you want it to be.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Team Veg Biryani 😆 even though non veg Biryani lovers say there is no such thing  

PS: this topic has been discussed in this forum at length earlier but won’t mind repeat 😆

Edited by Nishita123 - 2 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

You telling me I’ve been eating one thinking both are the same, all these years? 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

I wanted to make this post in the Debate Mansion forum but as that forum is dead, I am posting it here. Mods can shift the topic to that forum if they wish to.

So I have come across this interesting debate on the internet about Veg biryani in social media. If u search Veg Biryani in YouTube or Instagram and check the comments, u will find quite a few people, mostly non vegetarians claiming there's nothing called Veg Biryani, it's only Veg Pulao. According to them, Biryani is a non-vegetarian dish and any rice item that has no non-veg stuff in it is nothing but pulao. Lot of the non-vegetarians have trolled and made fun of people who call the dish Veg Biryani. If we compare the method used to make veg biryani with any non-veg biryani, the method is more or less the same. The masalas used are more or less the same too. It's just that veg biryani is cooked with veggies and they aren't much added in any non-veg biryani. Probably that's the reason people love to call it veg biryani because the method to cook it is same. If u visit any Indian restaurant anywhere in the world, u will find 2 separate dishes in the menu, Veg Biryani and Veg Pulao. 

So the so called Veg Biryani is actually not Veg Biryani and Veg Pulao? What are your opinions? 

Again, I know this has nothing to do with Bollywood but I have seen people posting about politics and sports and lot many stuff that have nothing to do with Bollywood because this is one of the most active forums of IF hence am posting it here.

Puloa( Pilaf) too is a meat based dish originally, isn't it?

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Won’t blame them for getting all Jealous and hurt about Veg Biryani. It was non-veg Biryani first but we vegetarians made it into our own- only much more exotic and yummy. 😎

Veg pulao same story! Only veg pulao is a little less flavorful and lighter than the Biryani. 

Personally I believe it’s a sin to discriminate between Veg Biryani and Veg Pulao because both of just too yummilicious!!!!

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

@ Mods - this is a bollywood topic. I've seen a bollywood actor eat biryani once. See this totally non-photoshopped pic for proof.

Salman Khan and His Brothers Eating Biryani at EID Party 2019 | Favorite  Food of Them - YouTube

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Food is food, I will eat it all regardless of name. 🤷🏻‍♀️

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Pulao/Pilaf or however you spell it is rice cooked with spices and/or a flavored stock. The grains are light and separate. 

Biryani is a rice dish usually prepared by layering par-cooked rice with gravy in a sealed container till the rice is done. The grains here are also supposed to be light and separate by moist with gravy. 

Both Pulao and Biryani can be vegetarian or nonvegetarian. The difference is in cooking techniques. Traditionally, biryani is made with meat. I honestly do think biryani tastes better when it has meat. And if it is chicken biryani - you either use the whole cut-up chicken or leg and thighs. Boneless skinless chicken breast biryani is worse than vegetarian biryani. 

But if you're vegetarian or just want to eat more veggies, you do you. Veg biryani is totally legit and anyone who tells you its not the real deal can stfu. Unless it's actually a pulao being served as biryani - serving pulao as biryani is a war crime.