Malayalam movie the great Indian kitchen is set for hindi remake.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

I heard it's a good movie. I was search for dubbed version, but sighhhh...

I want to see the remake but good cast

kar08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Ugh. I suppose we'll see a highly sanitized version of it with designer kitchens and fully made up bride in designer wear and painted nails sweating over the stoveπŸ˜†No way a Hindi film is going to show the kind of dirt, garbage and kitchen waste that The Great Indian Kitchen showed, not caring how repulsive it was. Because it was so damn real.

I hope to God this isn't true. They will end up ruining a brilliant, raw and honest film. 

kar08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: -PD-

I heard it's a good movie. I was search for dubbed version, but sighhhh...

I want to see the remake but good cast

The full movie is available on YouTube with English subtitles 

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: kar08

The full movie is available on YouTube with English subtitles 

Yes it is available on OTT but i cannot watch/enjoy movie reading subtitles πŸ˜³

Edited by -PD- - 2 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Harman Baweja πŸ˜³

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I heard so many good things about this movie on this forum (mainly by @LordVoldemort) and it lived up to all expectations  

I really wish a wider audience watch this original... a Bollywood remake with the same tone/feel/rawness will be hard to do... I wonder how much they'll spice it up 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

I heard so many good things about this movie on this forum (mainly by @LordVoldemort) and it lived up to all expectations  

I really wish a wider audience watch this original... a Bollywood remake with the same tone/feel/rawness will be hard to do... I wonder how much they'll spice it up 

It was such a good movie! I saw an interview of the director. He's quite a character. πŸ˜† He said if the movie gives courage to 10 women to file for divorce, he'll be happy.

On topic, who would you think would fit into the roles in the Hindi version?

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

It was such a good movie! I saw an interview of the director. He's quite a character. πŸ˜† He said if the movie gives courage to 10 women to file for divorce, he'll be happy.

On topic, who would you think would fit into the roles in the Hindi version?

My brain started automatically running through names like Radhika Apte and Vidya Balan... 

But then I stopped myself... like wait... no... WHY!??!?!? Why are they remaking it when the original is so perfect. It's so special and monumental as it is. The only way to do it justice would be to remake it exactly the same, but in Hindi... πŸ€” ...so why? 

I think a new fresh actress should play the role. Or someone fairly new. Maybe because the actress was new in this for me, so I had no idea what to expect from her, and she wowed by tits off. So, perhaps an unknown unfamiliar face for Hindi version will work the same way... πŸ˜Ž

Giving it more thought... I really love Mrunal Thakur, she'd nail it. Or my girl Sanya Malhotra.. or we could have the delightful Fatima Sana Shaikh she deserves a good film to showcase her talent.

Sanya Malhotra confesses she 'stole' sarees from sets of Meenakshi Sundareshwar: 'I wore one for my friend's wedding' | Bollywood - Hindustan TimesMrunal Thakur: Screen time doesn't matter to me | Hindi Movie News - Times of IndiaFatima Sana Shaikh is overwhelmed with the audience's reaction to Ajeeb Daastaans | Filmfare.com

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

When will they remake Minnal Murali...