Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

So it feels like members here are very health conscious - or at least knowledgeable about workouts and diets. So I thought why not make a topic on it.

I was nearly 20 kgs overweight (lol), so started working out and dieting about 6 months ago, and I managed to reduce around 12 kg by now (8 more to go, but the last ones are very hard).

I started doing exercises for weight loss, but ended up loving them for the 'calm down' effect they had on my mind. They helped me destress, helped relieve my depression and anxiety, helped me be more productive and motivated, almost cured my ADHD, made me more creative. Exercise has countless benefits.

I absolutely love HIIT exercise. I try to practice this one at least 2-3 times a week. Trust me, when I do this,  feel high for the rest of the day. HIIT

I also started doing yoga recently and absolutely love Hot yoga. I do it in my home, so I do it without the hot part, but I absolutely love the poses and how it make me feel. I also started doing power yoga, but can barely manage it as it's so intense and vigorous. Also love Yin yoga for its coming down effect.

As for diet. Since I am living with family now, I am eating mostly home cooked food. I can see a vast improvement in both my physical as well as mental health with home cooked food. I never followed any strict diet, just ate less of everything and avoided sugary drinks like plague. But I am thinking of following a fad diet and lose the remaining weight, though I know it's not sustainable in the long run. I am thinking of following Versatile Vicky's egg diet and see if I can shed the remaining pounds.

So members, post your favorite exercise and diets, post youtube clip if possible and let us know what change that brought to your life.

P.S. Mods please don't close it or move it to Member's Lounge. I want Bollywood members' views on it :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I've been working out for a long time now to shed all the extra weight. Its not been easy, but I've learned where I have gone wrong too.

For me what worked the best was homemade food (its as good as diet coz we don't eat very rich or salty meals) and workouts from Popsugar Fitness work the best for me.

So I do those videos in the morning and evening I walk for like an hour.

Since I stick to home food, there's no restriction on ordering food from restaurants.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I used to swim before pandemic and it kept me easily in shape.

Have gained a few kgs but I try to do yoga daily and sometimes do Bollywood dance workout videos (dance with  Sabah on YT).

I hope I’m able to start swimming again, I miss it 😭

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

I'm underweight and working out makes it a bit easy for me to follow a routine which is very necessary for me to maintain the necessary diet to gain weight and muscles. It also helps me keep my sleep cycle in check. I live alone so it's easy for me to lose track of time while reading or working. Exercising just helps me keep everything on schedule. No skipping meals or having lunch at 5 pm. 

There's this app 'MyFitnessPal', it's great in keeping track of what nutrition you are getting daily. I also have a food weighing machine in my kitchen so that is of great help.  Both are great if you are serious about following a diet (by diet I just mean the overall macros consumed n not something suggested by others) 

I was working out religiously for months(even hired a personal trainer) before Covid hit. Haven't stepped inside a gym after that. 

Since then I've been working out at home. Bought myself dumbell tree set from ebay. There are months where I'm able to get on a routine and everything is on track. I gain healthy weight and muscles (have this weighing machine which keeps track of everything right from muscle mass to protein rate, it's awesome). Then I lose track and get too much into work and lose weight again smiley18

I have been using Peloton for the past 2 months along with Chloe Ting and Pamela Reif, have been on track.  Slowly and steadily I'm inching towards both my weight as well as muscle goals so 🤞. 

Planks are my fav. But Push ups are something I've never been able to manage. Not even when I had a trainer. Absolutely love HIIT for core workouts. That soreness makes me feel so good (might sound crazy but whatcha gonna do smiley36). Hopefully will keep up. 

Edited by trouble_006 - 2 years ago
priya185 thumbnail

Nice thread

I am not overweight but I want to be my ideal weight. I recently lost 3 kg with gym and cutting most unhealthy food but losing more is challenging for now. 

I have a question for everyone. How do you stay motivated to work out / eat right?

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: priya185

Nice thread

I am not overweight but I want to be my ideal weight. I recently lost 3 kg with gym and cutting most unhealthy food but losing more is challenging for now. 

I have a question for everyone. How do you stay motivated to work out / eat right?

Might sound funny but unfortunately the one thing which keeps me motivated is paying for the Gym/trainer. 

Workout ke baad diet toh khud hi manage ho jati hai, coz of I don't eat right I'm not gonna be able to continue my workout. 

Originally posted by: priya185

Nice thread

When you are 20 kgs overweight, motivation will find you.

Also exc makes me feel sooo good afterwards. I almost get a drug like high after a gym/yoga session.

Edited by Blood_Sacrifice - 2 years ago
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I workout but don’t look at it as a way of “burning calories”..I don’t even care how many calories I burnt 

I’m more concerned abt bone density, muscle mass, flexibility and strength , proper blood circulation and hormonal health …

I do yoga and weights mostly …concentrate on form not on calories

With diet , a major change in my diet that helped me is to chuck out processed, instant and restaurant food from my diet 

I eat proper home cooked food (I made it a point to learn cooking just to ensure I was eating at home mostly) …no biscuits, Maggie, cookies , crackers etc …no frozen food that needs to be heated up …

I don’t cut out a food group but try to get macros from nutritious and varied sources …I’m a big rice eater and found that it really suits my gut …I eat it everyday 

Another major thing that helped me is to cook food in traditionally used oils in India (ghee, seasme, mustard , coconut and filtered groundnut oil) …I cut out the use of vegetable oils and products containing vegetable oils; and it helped big time 

My advice is to focus on nutrition and health of the body…don’t think about weight / weight loss/ calories etc ..

Edited by pathaka - 2 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

I do 30 minute fasted cardio in the morning three days out of the week and Kayla Itsines’ BBG routine for 14 minutes 3 days out of the week. It helps maintain my weight and muscle mass. I do not check my weight on the scale at all. I rely on the mirror for honesty. I do like  working out in the morning because by the time I come home from work I literally have no energy left some days to even drag myself from the couch to the refrigerator. And that’s also when y’all see some whackjob posts from me but I digress. I think the key is to use your time wisely when it comes to staying motivated. I know myself very well so I know for a fact if I don’t get my workout done in the morning, it will never happen. 

As for diet, I don’t have a sweet tooth which really helps. I thank my parents for this. The only drink they let us have as kids was plain water. Of course we hated them for it then but so grateful now as adults. Thanks to them, I eat pretty clean. I have only fallen off the bandwagon once few years ago when I’d moved out of my home state for training and had to deal with seasonal affective disorder. I highly encourage meal prepping if you know you’re going to have a busy week ahead, live alone and generally hate cooking. 

Edited by Chameli_billi - 2 years ago
Originally posted by: pathaka

I workout but don’t look at it as a way of “burning calories”..I don’t even care how many calories I burnt 

I’m more concerned abt bone density, muscle mass, flexibility and strength , proper blood circulation and hormonal health …

I do yoga and weights mostly …concentrate on form not on calories

With diet , a major change in my diet that helped me is to chuck out processed, instant and restaurant food from my diet 

I eat proper home cooked food (I made it a point to learn cooking just to ensure I was eating at home mostly) …no biscuits, Maggie, cookies , crackers etc …no frozen food that needs to be heated up …

I don’t cut out a food group but try to get macros from nutritious and varied sources …I’m a big rice eater and found that it really suits my gut …I eat it everyday 

Another major thing that helped me is to cook food in traditionally used oils in India (ghee, seasme, mustard , coconut and filtered groundnut oil) …I cut out the use of vegetable oils and products containing vegetable oils; and it helped big time 

My advice is to focus on nutrition and health of the body…don’t think about weight / weight loss/ calories etc ..

This. I have been eating home cooked food for a while and I can see the change (both in my fitness as well as in my mental health and feeling good overall). It's a myth that eating rice or carbs will make you fat. Our ancestors (including our grandparents, maybe even our parents) survived mostly on carbs like rice and roti/bread and most of them were in great shape. They didn't even go to gym or do fad diets. I think obesity came when we started eating refined sugar and those sugary drinks (like a Starbucks frappe with 700 calories and 40 teaspoons of sugar). Otherwise if one eats healthy and have an active lifestyle, then trust me your body will take care of it (unless you have a health condition and can't process carbs properly etc).

I started doing exercise for 'burning calories' but ended up loving it for the mental health benefits.