Posted: 2 years ago

Learn few heavy angrzi words and becomes intellectual. 

Sara before becoming the full fledged Bollywood-ian was sure for one. 

As for her father Saif, he might know eugenics but that doesn't qualify him to be labelled an intellectual for sure. 

Rest,  Abhisekh,  when trying to carry out a meaningful conversation that doesn't require him to cut a sorry picture of having to "wait" for a right debut or not getting "enough" privileges for being his father's son,  does come across as one. 

Sushmita and Lara among females.. 

SRK among male actors.  SSR was one too

Edited by bashful_moon - 2 years ago
Originally posted by niyati13

Tapasee?

Saw a Youtubers vlog..he used to be her classmate..college days I guess.

So she always used to score good marks...padhai me achhi thi.

But the guy doesn't seem to like her at all..bola meri kabhi us se bani nahi

Used to think she is smart but then she started giving befitting replies which were not befitting as such.. that me question her intellectual level๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

Vicky and Disha Patani are engineers by training. So is Kriti if I'm not mistaken.

Amitabh, SRK, John Abraham, Sara Ali Khan, all have degrees from reputed colleges.

Degree and Studying in reputed college is not enough. Parineeti has studied from London school of economics yet she made a recent statement of actresses getting more work in Ads which balances pay gap with actors.

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

The term โ€œintellectualโ€ itself is very ambiguous. You can be well educated but not well-read and aware about general things. You may be a scientist but be socially awkward, and lack wit. 

Similarly, someone may not be good/ average in studies but otherwise an all rounder - sports, debates, drama. 

I think Saif comes from a good well educated family, has had a good education (sara too). But I think there is still a certain lack of awareness as they donโ€™t seem to be in touch with general public. Like when Saraโ€™s comment on colorism - she has no idea how it affects young girls.  

@Zeal  - As for SRK, he was top student at St Columba in Delhi, good in studies, played 3 sports and  also involved in other co curriculars. He an all rounder and was awarded as such twice in high school (sword of honour). The school itself is very prestigious and if you see the alumini list, has famous people in various fields - from famous physicians like Deepak Chopra, to rhode scholars, Pulitzer winner to Euphoria lead singer (Palash Sen, who had shared pic performing with SRK in school and is also a doctor).

Also - people who have good sense of humour, are witty and sharp do have higher intelligence.

I guess you are confusing intelligence and well educated with being intellectual. You were right about the word itself being ambiguous. 

Intellectual especially in Bollywood would be some one who is well aware of surroundings and understand their field of work. Also more logical and sensible in media outings and interviews. Sabse important who is not fame hungry๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by Nishita123

Kaun nahi hai โ€œintellectualโ€ in BW???๐Ÿ˜†

At this point jo bhi BW mai khudko intellectual na kehta ho wohi hoga.. ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by Mishh007

The prerequisite for joining Bollywood is to be the opposite of intellectual. 

Tha to ye mazaak but somewhere holds true Intellectual people wouldn't actually survival the madness of Bollywood.  Imagine being called intellectual and then asked for sharing table with Likes of Alia Deepika wagera and Host Rajeev Masand.๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by bashful_moon

Sara before becoming the full fledged Bollywood-ian was sure for one. 

As for her father Saif, he might know eugenics but that doesn't qualify him to be labelled an intellectual for sure. 

Rest,  Abhisekh,  when trying to carry out a meaningful conversation that doesn't require him to cut a sorry picture of having to "wait" for a right debut or not getting "enough" privileges for being his father's son,  does come across as one. 

Sushmita and Lara among females.. 

SRK among male actors.  SSR was one too

Sara I also thought is one but then realised it was more of a great PR work.. how can some one go so down so easily like aisi koi deewar hai Bollywood ki Sara ka sir takraya aur wo aisi ho gayi.๐Ÿ˜†

Agree Abhishek Sushmita Lara ho sakte hai.. ๐Ÿค” 

Srk and SSR so far are the consensus!!

SRKโ€ฆ

No one else comes close. 

ssr was more bookish intellectual but srk is book and street smart. 

His thoughts, vision, opinions are of someone truly intelligent and well read. 

Sushmita every interview seems so insightful