Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by Zeal17

Tripti ka to pata nahi pat Hrithik, Aishwarya 🤔 Saboot lao Minion ji

Pankhe will do the honors... 

What do you mean by intellectual? Well read? Able to speak well on things? Degree?

Originally posted by Zeal17

Ponymo hacked ur account? 

Didn't everyone appreciated  the intellectual feminist song 🥱

Vicky and Disha Patani are engineers by training. So is Kriti if I'm not mistaken.

Amitabh, SRK, John Abraham, Sara Ali Khan, all have degrees from reputed colleges.

Originally posted by S_H_Y

Didn't everyone appreciated  the intellectual feminist song 🥱

Not everyone just one 😆

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

Vicky and Disha Patani are engineers by training. So is Kriti if I'm not mistaken.

Amitabh, SRK, John Abraham, Sara Ali Khan, all have degrees from reputed colleges.

The term “intellectual” itself is very ambiguous. You can be well educated but not well-read and aware about general things. You may be a scientist but be socially awkward, and lack wit. 

Similarly, someone may not be good/ average in studies but otherwise an all rounder - sports, debates, drama. 

I think Saif comes from a good well educated family, has had a good education (sara too). But I think there is still a certain lack of awareness as they don’t seem to be in touch with general public. Like when Sara’s comment on colorism - she has no idea how it affects young girls.  

@Zeal  - As for SRK, he was top student at St Columba in Delhi, good in studies, played 3 sports and  also involved in other co curriculars. He an all rounder and was awarded as such twice in high school (sword of honour). The school itself is very prestigious and if you see the alumini list, has famous people in various fields - from famous physicians like Deepak Chopra, to rhode scholars, Pulitzer winner to Euphoria lead singer (Palash Sen, who had shared pic performing with SRK in school and is also a doctor).

Also - people who have good sense of humour, are witty and sharp do have higher intelligence.

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 2 years ago

Kaun nahi hai “intellectual” in BW???😆

Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

Lmaooo if he ain’t intelligent, no-one is esp in BW. 😆😆 And witty people are usually, very intelligent. It goes hand in hand, and look up the proof yourself- Watch his interviews. 

Also, anyone (except those with strong connections in BW).  They would be smart. 

Emotional and social quotients are also signs of intelligence. One needs it a lot more than the regular IQ to function in life. Even in the TV industry, wherever there is so much competition. (I’d say getting into IITs and IIMs are much easier than bagging a main role!)

SRK comes across as intellectual to me. Someone who is intelligent and can extrapolate from his own life experiences and opinions to hold meaningful conversations suffices as an intellectual in reality.... you don't have be a disciple of Socrates to pass off as one. 

SSR came across as one when I watched his interviews after his death .... on another level.

I thought Kangna had it too before she went nuts.

Soha Ali Khan comes across as genuinely intelligent to me unlike her brother who I would like to classify under pseudo-intellectual.😆

Which brings me to majority of bollywood ..... they love to dress up their otherwise pointless and ridiculous statements with buzzwords without really saying much. More than actors, it's those movie critics like Masand, Anupama, etc. who I find mind-numbingly pretentious!

The prerequisite for joining Bollywood is to be the opposite of intellectual.