Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: cougarTown

seriously? i am curios to know about this coz i thought the surrogate just caries the child..any one with a field in medicine care to explain? 

surrogate only gives her womb egg and sperm is of couple whom baby she is going to carry.That means child will have genes of original couple .Only difference is he or she will grow in another woman womb instead of her real mother

SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: _Khaleesi_

natural child birth is brutal

i just don't understand why people consider it as something magical 

if i had money i would outsource it for sure there is nothing wrong it 

Unless someone experiences it, they will not understand it. 

Right from when a women conceives, to getting to hear babies first heart beat, feeling the kicks and until delivery, such mixed bag of emotions. 

To each their own, i have nothing against surrogacy but If someone cannot conceive due to any xyz reason then i would say adoption is a better route.

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: cougarTown

seriously? i am curios to know about this coz i thought the surrogate just caries the child..any one with a field in medicine care to explain? 

See in surrogacy, the embryo formed from mother and father  (egg from mother and sperm of father) is placed in the womb of surrogate. From their whole process will be natural. The embryo has to go and stick to surrogate womb then only her pregnancy is confirmed. The girl who bears child, her blood only will enter the baby body. 

During pregnancy anyone can develop gestational hypertension or gestational diabetic issues. Baby came out 12 weeks early, one of the reason maybe due to gestational hypertension. Some times baby may get this from mother womb (very less chances ).

Personal experience: i got gestational diabetes during my pregnancy. My baby was tested for diabetic issues when he was born. Sometimes it will pass on to baby.

PD_forums thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

surrogate only gives her womb egg and sperm is of couple whom baby she is going to carry.That means child will have genes of original couple .Only difference is he or she will grow in another woman womb instead of her real mother

Yes genes will be original couples only but blood in the baby body will come from surrogate right or how that will come from real mother.

Genetic yes embryo will decide. I know that...

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

oh wow some of y'all  really shaming those who opt surrogacy...the couple can have gazillions of reason which they need not tell the whole world.

PD_forums thumbnail
Originally posted by: EXOL

oh wow some of y'all  really shaming those who opt surrogacy...the couple can have gazillions of reason which they need not tell the whole world.

No you got us wrong atleast some of us who raised the point. We donot have issue with surrogacy when their is a strong reason like KJO but just pointed out such people who opted for it for silly reasons like PC. It is like misusing the concept of surrogacy. Just encouraging why cannot go for adoption instead.

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -PD-

No you got us wrong atleast some of us who raised the point. We donot have issue with surrogacy when their is a strong reason like KJO but just pointed out such people who opted for it for silly reasons like PC. It is like misusing the concept of surrogacy. Just encouraging why cannot go for adoption instead.

no , we dont get to decide whether the reasons are silly or not .. she is already 39 ..means it will always be high risk pregnancy . plus adoption is not always the answer .. not everyone is sure if they will be able to love an adopted child fairly .. there can be so many such concerns .. 

Mistyy thumbnail

Why surrogacy then.. you can go for adoption also. What's wrong in adoption ?

Edit: just curious, why people want to go to surrogacy but not for adoption.. 

Blood relation- no, baby blood will come from surrogacy mother (if i am not wrong)

Egg and sperm matters 😲 

Surrogate provides nutrition to the baby, gives environment to grow. But the genes are still mom-dad, it’s still their own child. It’s no different than babies who are born prematurely and stay in NiCU and get nutritions through feeding tubes etc. 

For most people, having your own blood matters. Especially if it’s carried by someone else, this will help them bond. When it’s their own blood, they can relate, family can relate. The first thing most people do when they look at the newborn is say who he/she looks like. It’s a small thing but helps parents attach. We shouldn’t dismiss these feelings, if it didn’t matter then people wouldn’t have been procreating since eons. 

As for adoption, it’s not an easy process. I have looked into it personally. There’s a long line for people to get healthy newborn baby , but not enough people to adopt kids with disabilities. Plus Rules of adoption changes from a country to country. 

Anyways they used a surrogate, it’s their choice.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Word is that surrogacy laws in India are going to be tougher. One of the options discussed is that the surrogate has to be a family member who has given birth at least once before. The aim seems to be twofold -stop the exploitation of poor women by giving them more legal protection via stricter laws as well as put a stop to this celebrity baby shopping. It is going to make it tough for lots of genuine cases.

Edited by capricornrcks - 2 years ago
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Yes genes will be original couples only but blood in the baby body will come from surrogate right or how that will come from real mother.

Genetic yes embryo will decide. I know that...

Blood group also depends upon genes of original parents only baby will take nutrition from surrogate mother.