IN MY FADING MEMORIES - Part 3 on page 2 updated 12/02/2022

Posted: 2 years ago

Hey guys🤗. So this is Hrudaya. Here is my first story. So here are 2 important points. First is this story moves in a hospital back drop. That means instead of ETF and cops, here it is hospital and doctors. Second is, in this story the male lead will be Arjun while the female lead will be Anamika. It's created by my own and trust me you will all like her. Just support me. I am sure I will not disappoint you all. I also write plots on arakshi and ETF, but first I want to write this. So I will update the first chapter very soon. By the way, I really like to interact with my readers. So please take out some of your valuable time and discuss with me about the story, characters and all. Thank you. Just let me know your views on those changes I discussed.

IN MY FADING MEMORIES

Index

Part 1 - Page 1

Part 2 - Page 2

Part 3 - Page 2

Edited by Swasa0804 - 2 years ago

Interesting, very interesting!

Dr.Sameer and Dr.Arjun, eh?

From Tod Phod to Jod Tod, an interesting change.

Part 1

Arogya Nidhi Hospital Pvt Ltd.

Mumbai.

08:30am.

Its the post op ward on the 2nd floor. Post op ward is the place where the post surgery patients are kept. Usually the patients in that ward are kept under sedation to give them relief from the pain. Some patients here and there are also seen screaming in agony. All the day long, the post op ward isfilled with 10 to 15 patients, their relatives, doctors from different departments and nurses assisting them. 

Dr.Sameer is one such doctor. He is one of the most talented and youngest chief doctors Arogya Nidhi ever had. There's no wonder that he is made the HOD of cardiac surgery at such small age.

Today, Sameer is seen at the post op ward in the early morning as one of his major patient had a surgery back yesterday. He stood there checking the patient's charts.

"Hi Dr.Sameer.", he lifted his head as he heard his name.He saw a lady in her early 30s standing there. She has her phone in one hand and the apron and steth in other hand.

"Hi Dr.Deepthi.", he replied giving a formal smile.

"Where is Ayesha? I wanted to meet her. Hasn't she come yet?", she asked.

"Yeah. She said she is going to be late today. I will ask her to call you once she comes.", he said and she nodded her head and left.

Ayesha is not a doctor but she works in HR dept of the same hospital. She is very efficient in the administration of the hospital. The Chairman trusts her more than himself in some matters. She fetched the best of the best doctors and surgeons for Arogya Nidhi. Sameer is also one among them. But in his case, their relation advanced a bit more and they both ended up getting married.

Suddenly a commotion arose in the ward. A nurse came running towards Sameer. She might be somewhere in her mid 40s. She came to Sameer and said,panting,

"Dr.Sameer, there's an emergency in the neonatal ICU. You should come immediately."

Sameer understood the emergency and rushed towards the neonatal ward, followed by the nurse.

On his way he asked her,

"Who is the Chief doctor there?"

"Sir, it's Dr.Subhadra. But her shift begins at 10:00amtoday.", she replied.

By the time Sameer reached the ICU, there were many junior doctors,nurses and other staff standing outside the ICU with serious faces. Seeing them Sameer got worried thinking if something bad happened. He slowly moved through the crowd and reached the door. He looked inside through the peep hole.

But the inner scene was different. A person was already standing inside instructing the nurses about the medicines, their levels and others.Later he gave the baby few injections, some medicines and finally the situation became normal.

Sameer heaved a sigh of relief as the situation became normal. The doctor then opened the door and came outside. He had a well built body, fair complexion, deep eyes, sharp nose and silky and slightly ruffled hairs. He wore the blue and blue hospital uniform similar to Sameer. Arogya Nidhi along with its emblem is printed on it.

The entire crowd standing there immediately began shouting, cheering and clapping for him. But they were all immediately silenced by one serious look of Sameer.

"What is this tamasha here? Can't you see there are other patients here? Now go back to your respective patients", he in structedsternly.

All complied him. Now the only people left are Sameer, the other doctor and nurse who informed Sameer.

Sameer then turned towards the other doctor and said,

"Good job, Arjun."

Arjun gave a small smile in response. Sameer then turned towards the nurse and asked,

"Janaki ji, when Senior Doctor is not present, there should be some junior doctor, right? Where is he/she?"

"Sir, the night shift one left a while ago as his shift is over. And the morning shift one hasn't come yet.", She replied.

Sameer gave her an unbelievable look and asked,

"Who is that morning shift one?"

"Sir, it's Jr doctor Anamika. ", she replied. 

Hearing Her name Arjun began to laugh and said, 

" Anu? Congrats sister. I am sure she will still be sleeping in her bed. What I tell you, you better call her. Otherwise she will turn up only in the night shift."

The nurse nodded and left from there. 

Then Sameer turned towards Arjun and said, 

"So hero, huh?", he laughed. Arjun also smiled inresponse. 

"So, your shift is over?", Sameer asked. 

"Yeah. But I think I will leave after some while. I want tomonitor the baby's progress for some time.", Arjun said. 

" Okay. Then I will leave. I have 5 OT schedules today.",Sameer said.

"OT? See if you are taking Anu to scrub in, I will take herchance. Because I covered for her today.", Arjun said.

"Come on. Now don't involve me in your dealings. By the way, Iam taking Shree for 3 OTs today.", Sameer said smirking.

"Very unfair.", Arjun commented playfully and went backinside.

Her sleep was disturbed by the phone buzzing. But still she didn'topen her eyes. She lazily moved her hand randomly on the bed trying to catchhold of her phone. Finally she got it and pressed the green button. She keptthe phone on speaker and closed her eyes once again as the voice on the otherside spoke,

"Hello Anu beta, Are you still sleeping?".

"Yeah, I don't feel like waking up today.", She said in adaze.

"Oh! Don't wake up beta. Afterall, what's the need to wake up?Your servants are here, they will treat your patients. You sleep.", theother voice said sarcastically.

"Hmmm..", Anu replied.

"What hmmm? Your work here is being done by others and you arestill sleeping there. Irresponsible girl. Get up.", The other voice nowshouted.

With this her sleep has gone completely. She sat upon the bed andlooked at the watch beside her. It showed 09:10am. Her eyes widened in shock.She looked at the caller id and it read 'Sister Janaki(nn)'. She got terrified.

"So..ssorry sister. I am coming immediately. Sorry.", Anusaid getting down from the bed.

"Yeah sorry. First take your bath properly. Otherwise we willall have to become patients.", She said and cut the call.

"Come on. Come on.", She said pressing the lift buttonrepeatedly. She wore the blue and blue hospital uniform upon a baby pink tshirt. Her hair was tied into a loose ponytail onto one shoulder, leaving theother empty. 

"How much time more? May be I should take the stairs today. But2 floors, I can't!", She thought. Just then the lift doors opened. And shesaw Arjun standing inside.

"Hey Arjun! Going home?", She asked getting inside.

"Hey Anu.", He replied and stood there.

"You won't go?", She asked, seeing him still standinginside.

"I will. But chalo, first I will drop you.", He saidsmiling and Anu scoffed at it. She pressed number 2 and the doors closed. 

As the lift started moving Arjun spoke,

"Seems like someone woke up so early today."

"Yeah very early, I binge watched the Family man last night andI woke up only when Sister Janaki called me this morning.", She saidwidening her big blue eyes.

"Yeah, I only asked her to call. Otherwise who knows, you mightshow up during my night shift.", Arjun said and Anu pointed out her tonguein response.

"Oh God.", Anu said and Arjun looked at her as if askingwhat.

"I forgot my stethoscope.", She said.

"Super. You are amazing. Go in, tell sister Janaki.",Arjun said smirking.

"Arjun stop it yaar. I have already been reserved for a roundof scoldings.", Anu complained.

Just then the lift doors opened and Anu said,

"Arjun give me yours na.".

"Ah, na na. Not possible", saying so he pushed her out ofthe lift and before she could say anything, the lift doors closed.

As soon as she entered, she came across sister Janaki. Seeing herAnu's face lost its life.

"Waah! Maharani, waah! All the staff including the Seniordoctors showed up, except you.", Sister said.

Anu pouted lowering her head and mumbled, "Sorry".

"Yeah sorry. Now only Subhadra mam will deal with you. I willmake sure that you don't see the OT for a week. Now you go and check bedno.7patient in op ward.", Sister said.

Anu nodded and left to the op ward, but not before cursing thesister mentally.

She reached the op ward to check on the patient on bed 7. His nameis Nandan Chatterjee. He joined here due to some issues of old age. He has beenhere for 3 weeks now. By now Anu has become a close friend to him.

"Good morning.", She said waking him up.

"Good morning 'Dr.Anamika'.", he said smiling heartfully.

"Haha. That chudail scolded me again.", She said poutingand took his file into her hands.

"Oh Janaki? Why?", He asked.

"I came late na, that's why.", She replied.

The old man let out heartful smile. For the next few minutes shechecked his BP. Meanwhile,

"Anamika mam.", the ward boy called. She turned towardshim and saw him holding the tool tray in his hands. He handed it over to herand said,

"Arjun sir asked me to give this to you."

Saying so he left. She looked at the tray. It didn't contain thetools but contained a stethoscope, a white rose and a note.

She opened the note and read it. It read,

"Have a good day- Arjun."

Seeing that a small smile crept on her lips. She bit her lip as ifhiding her blush. However it didn't help.

"Aaha! I can see something being cooked.", Nandan jicommented bringing her out of her trance.

Anu smacked herself mentally and turned to him and said,

"Ah, there's nothing like that. We are just friends.", shedodged.

"Oh, come on. I am not him. Don't lie to me.", Nandan jisaid.

"I am not lying. Arjun already had a girlfriend.", shesaid.

"Had? He doesn't, now?"

"No. They broke. But it had a huge impact on him. He doesn'twant to get into any relationship now."

"That's why you should make him normal with your love.",he said.

"Love, really?", she said and looked at him sternly.

"Now take these.", saying so she handed  him a bowlof meds.

But he refused to take it.

"I don't need them. Now you made me know that I am no one toyou. Then why should I listen to you?", he said and looked away from her.

Anu got amused at his antics.

"Hello, they call me the Drama queen here and you are trying tooutpower me only. Come on, take these.", she said seriously but he didn'tcomply.

So Anu decided to give up and asked,

"Okay. What do you want to know?"

The old man turned towards her excitedly and asked with shiningeyes,

"Do you like Dr.Arjun?"

"Yes."

"Do you 'Love' him?"

She took a pause and answered,

"Yes"

"So when are you going to tell him?"

She took a deep breath and said,

"Never."

****************************************

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Originally posted by Bodhianveshika

Interesting, very interesting!

Dr.Sameer and Dr.Arjun, eh?

From Tod Phod to Jod Tod, an interesting change.

Yeah. The stylish life savers shifted their zones.

nice start

samjun doctor

samyesha married

when is sakshi's entry?

Hey hi. I am glad you liked it. But I am sorry to inform you, but in this story I thought of pairing Arjun in a new character Anamika. But I mentioned Mrunal Thakur by mistake as I am new to this forum. I tried to remove that tag later, but I couldn't despite many attempts. I know that would mislead the readers and I heartfully apologize to that. I would be glad if you let me know how I can delete that tag. Thank you.

Originally posted by Swasa0804

Hey hi. I am glad you liked it. But I am sorry to inform you, but in this story I thought of pairing Arjun in a new character Anamika. But I mentioned Mrunal Thakur by mistake as I am new to this forum. I tried to remove that tag later, but I couldn't despite many attempts. I know that would mislead the readers and I heartfully apologize to that. I would be glad if you let me know how I can delete that tag. Thank you.

thanks for informing.

i am sorry but once tagged couldn't change 

only thing you can do it edit content and post in another thread

and then you can use this thread for arakshi story if you write on them

please share  if you write on arakshi in future

Originally posted by Marathi_Mulgi

thanks for informing.

i am sorry but once tagged couldn't change 

only thing you can do it edit content and post in another thread

and then you can use this thread for arakshi story if you write on them

please share  if you write on arakshi in future

Thanks for help. Will try to do it.

Actually I wrote 3 works on Arakshi on Wattpad. 2 FF and 1 SS. You can check them if you want. My username in wattpad is jlk807.

Part 2

He came back home before 10 mins. As soon as he came, he wanted to crash into the bed but his growling stomach and filthy body didn't agree to it. So he decided to fresh up first and eat something. So he put his phone for charging and went towards his bedroom.

It's actually a 2bhk flat which his father bought when he said that he would do his practice in Mumbai. His is a Maharashtrian family settled in Gujarat.

He came out after 15 mins. He went into the kitchen to make something for himself. He could find no other option than a Oat meal. It's during these times he misses his mother.

"If Ma is here, she would say that I have become so lean eating all this packet made food. But there's even no other option to a bachelor like me in Mumbai. And if I keep a maid I can't bear her rant.", He thought to himself and came into the hall.

He sat on the couch and switched on the TV. He then ate his food watching some music channel and slowly sleep began occupying his eyes and before he could even know, he drifted off into deep sleep.

"Whoa! You have come already!", Sameer said upon seeing Ayesha as soon as he entered into his cabin.

"Yup.", Ayesha replied turning towards him.

Sameer then reached her, bent down and gave a small peck on her forehead.

He then went and sat in his chair, opposite to Ayesha.

"So, when is your OT schedule?", She asked.

"First one is at eleven. It's a bypass.", He replied.

"Great!", She replied and Sameer looked at her amused.

"You are the only one who becomes happy upon hearing such words.", Sameer said and Ayesha laughed him off.

She was clad in a white shirt with blue stripes and a dark blue jeans. She wore a pair of black pencil heels and her hair was tied into a high ponytail. On the other hand Sameer wore the dark blue hospital uniform.

"So, tell me. By now you should be in your rounds checking on your favourite customers. Why late then?", Sameer asked looking at her.

"Yeah, but I thought I will chat with you for sometime. You know, so much of love. Can't bear it.", She commented and Sameer let out a playful sigh.

"By the way, didn't I ask you to speak with your that gastro consultant friend? You know he will be a great asset to our hospital.", She said.

"Oh, you have started again. You please do such discussions with Chairman Sir. Don't involve me in such dealings. Now done with your business? Go, go and do your rounds.", Sameer replied joining his hands.

Ayesha pouted at this and said, "Fine, I will leave. I will deal with you in the night.", Then she smiled at him and left.

"Anu! Anu!", she turned upon hearing her name and saw Shree coming towards her. She again turned back to Nandanji and said, "Now that I have answered all your queries, take these.", she handed him bowl of medicines and water.

"You are unbelievable.", he commented, frowning.

Meanwhile Shree came to her and spoke, "Anu, I need to talk to you. Come here."

"What is it?", she asked without moving from there.

"Arey come na, please. Namaste Nandanji.", saying so he pulled her with him.

"What is it?", she asked withdrawing her hand. Now they are both walking through the other patients in the ward.

"Yaar, I have OT today.", he said worriedly.

"Great. What problem do you have in it?", she asked.

"Actually nothing. Infact I have 3 OTs today.", he said as if it's not a big deal.

"What? 3 OTs? Are you serious? Wait, are you a junior doctor or a senior consultant? 3 OTs and still you are whining? You are trying to what, show off?", she began showering him with questions. By now she wore a dangerous look on her face and is pointing a finger at him, trying to frighten him. But yeah, they all don't work in real life.

"Whoa! Wait, dear tigress. Those 3 are only under Sam. There might also be another under Dr.Kartik.(Anu kept listening to him with wide eyes.) But, there's a problem.", he said.

"What? You can't make it today? Should you leave to somewhere immediately? And hence you want me to cover for you in the OT? I will happily do it.", she said assuming things by herself, not letting him speak.

"Ah, no thanks. I can manage that.", he said, smirking at her words.

Anu then pouted and asked, "Then what's your problem?"

"I want somebody to cover me in the burns ward during that time. So I thought you would...", he said eyeing her sheepishly.

But she immediately responded,

"Don't even think of it.", saying so she began walking away from him.

"What? Why? Please yaar.", he requested trying to pace with her.

"Accha, so you will go there and perform surgeries while I should go there and work my ass off with those reports and paper work.", she replied and walked away.

But Shree stopped at his place and said in a dejected but a sufficiently high tone,

"So, is that it Anu? So this is where our friendship goes. Fine. But you better don't forget all that I have done for you."

Anu turned around to his filmy dialogues and kept staring at him. She didn't utter a single word but kept staring at him sternly.

On the other hand, Shree is finding it difficult to hold his dejected expression.

"Yaar, say something. How much time will she stare at me that way. Come on. I feel like laughing.", he thought to himself.

Then Anu spoke, "Okay, fine."

Hearing that Shree finally laughed and went towards her saying, "Thanks yaar."

"But, all those OT case studies you will be making today, I will read them first. I will read them as many days as I want. Okay?", she said.

"Okay. Done. Wait, what are those?", Shree asked indicating her shirt pocket.

She followed his gaze and saw the rose and the note. She immediately bit her tongue. She saw Shree's hand moving towards them and so she immediately turned away from him.

"Ah uh.., it's nothing. Really nothing.", she tried dodge.

"Oh, really! Shut up.", saying so he grabbed them.

First he eyed the white rose carefully and then opened the note and read it. He then asked causually, "Okay.., But why are you trying to hide these? What's so special in these?"

Anu got shocked at his words. She asked him innocently, "What, they are not special? See them. The note and the rose. Arjun sent them."

"Yeah, so what? It's just a 'good day' note. With Vaishali, Arjun would never end a note with something less than 'I love you'. You remember that?", he said.

"But, the rose..,"

"What 'this'? White rose? What's a big deal in this? You remember, in the earlier days Arjun used to send Vaishali 3 boquets per day, that too fuull of red roses.", Shree said and Anu became more sad.

She then turned away from him and asked him in a sad voice, clinging to a nearby white curtain,

"So, does that mean Arjun will never accept me?"

"Atleast not until 'you' confess your feelings to him."

"That's never gonna happen.", she said and pouted.

"And that's due to your madness.", Shree said.

But Anu didn't reply anything and walked away. Shree understood that she is hurt but he couldn't do anything. It's time for him to go to the OT. So he said in a voice audible enough to her,

"Okay Anu, I should go now. But remember, our conversation isn't over. I will meet you as soon as I finish the OT.", he said and hoped that she might turn back, but she didn't. So he ran back hurriedly to the OT.

The continuous buzzing of his phone startled his sleep. He sat up at once and looked around for his phone. He remembered that he kept it under charging and went towards it. He looked at the caller id and it read 'Home'. He answered the call.

"Hello", he said, walking back towards the couch.

"Hello, Junnu. What are you doing?", his mother spoke on the other side.

"Nothing. Just woke up.", he said, yawning.

"Oh, did I disturb you? Shall I call later?", his mother asked.

"No, it's okay. Anyway I had to wake up. You tell me, what is Papa doing?", he asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Ah, he has gone to Shah uncle's house.", his mother answered.

"Hmm..", he nodded.

"So tell me more, how is your hospital? How are your friends?", his mother asked.

"Everything's fine here... How about you?"

"All good.", his mother said.

For the next few seconds silence prevailed between them.

Then his mother asked, "So, any good news among your friends? Anyone getting married..."

"Ma! Can we have one normal conversation without discussing this marriage and all?", he said knowing where his mother is going.

"What other conversation can I make when my only son is not showing interest in moving to the next phase of life.", she whined. "Ma!".

"What 'Ma'? You sit there in the Mumbai not caring about anything. You don't know about anything that's happening outside your hospital.", his mother complained.

"Okay, you tell me what's happening.", he replied.

"If I say, you will get upset again.", his mother said.

"What is it?", he asked.

"Hmmm, that girl got engaged.", his mother said.

Arjun's back straightened.

"Which girl got engaged?"

"Vaishali", his mother said.

He immediately cut the phone. His breath turned into fumes and face became red.

He didn't move an inch from his place. All his bitter memories flooded into his brain making him numb.

2 YEARS AGO,

He walked hurriedly in the college corridor making his way through other students. He finally reached the canteen and his eyes darted to locate her in that crowd. He at last succeeded and saw her at a corner table, alone, chatting with someone on the phone. It seemed like she cared very less about the physical world surrounding her.

He ran towards her table and settled beside her, saying, "Hi"

It seemed like his commence startled her. At first, she looked at him shocked but then composed herself and replied "Hi Arjun", rather nonchalantly and looked back into her phone.

Arjun waited if she would speak anything else but she didn't. So he thought he would begin the conversation.

"Ah, Vaishu, how did your exam go?", he asked.

"Good.", she replied, not lifting her head from the phone.

"Great. Even mine went well.", he said, more to himself.

He then remained silent for next few minutes expecting to hear something from her but again he was disappointed. Again he decided to break silence by himself.

" Hey Vaishu, shall we go to my home this weekend?", he asked.

This time she lifted her head, shocked.

"Why Junnu?", she asked.

"What why? I am anyway going, so I thought of taking you as well.", he replied excitedly.

"No Junnu, Aunty and Uncle might feel it wrong.", she said.

"Why would they feel wrong? I told them everything about us."

"Everything in the sense? About our relationship as well?" she asked, terrified.

"Hmmm", he nodded.

"What? Are you mad or what? Did you ask me before telling them?", she bursted out.

By then, the entire crowd in the canteen shifted its focus towards them.

"Vaishu, lower your voice. Everyone's watching. And what's the problem? They all happily agreed. They want to meet you. They want to meet you and discuss about our future.", he tried to explain.

"Future, you mean marriage?", she questioned.

"May be, yeah. What else?", he replied.

"Uff Arjun,,,,", she caught her head and continued.

"Arjun, I thought I would say this some time later. But, I think I will say it now itself.

Arjun, I think it's time we end this.", she said in a low voice.

"End wha..at?", he asked not understanding where she is going.

"Us."

Arjun's eyes widened in shock. Soon tears filled them.

"It's a 4 year long relationship and in all these years I didn't get a feeling that we can be together forever. Hence,", she was saying but was cut short by him.

"Hence what? We can know that only when we live together forever.", he said not able to digest the fact that she was actually breaking up with him.

"No Arjun. We can't do that.", she refused bluntly.

"Then why did you get into this relationship?", he asked as anger occupied him.

"I don't know Arjun. It was okay in the beginning but, but now, I don't know, may be you changed with time.", she said.

"What?", Arjun couldn't take it anymore. He burst out.

" It's not me that changed. It's you. Tell me, who is behind this change? Is it that person, who you are always chatting with these days?"

"What? Arjun how can you say that? You don't have proof.", she tried to deny. But Arjun furiously grabbed her phone from her.

"It's all there in this, right.", he said fidgeting with her phone.

Meanwhile she began creating a ruckus trying to grab her phone from him but before anything else happened, Arjun opened her recent chats and the matter over there shocked him. It was clearly evident that it's a chat between two lovers. But the thing that shocked him the most was, even he never talked to her that intimately.

"What is this?", he asked angrily showing her the chats.

Before she could answer anything, he felt a strong grip on his shoulder and turned around. Before he could notice who it was, a strong blow landed on his face and he fell flat on the floor.

Then the person, who he now remembered as a Hulk incarnation, said, pointing a finger at him, "Remember, Vaishu is mine."

With that Arjun blacked out.

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Interesting chapters buddy

Like the hospital background 😊 

FB was bit heartbreaking 

Anu really loves Arjun but has insecurities

Thank you for the PM

Keep writing 📝✍️