Posted: 2 years ago

I like this video but so many key films like Fashion, 7 Khoon Maaf and Barfi are missing from this. 

Originally posted by Gauahargeous_N

I like this video but so many key films like Fashion, 7 Khoon Maaf and Barfi are missing from this. 

She basically focused on movies that changed trajectory in her career. I like that she selected Kaminey, despite having a small role it left a mark and was different from her glam roles. 

She didn't shy away from doing small roles be it Kaminey in Bollywood or Matrix in Hollywood. 

Originally posted by Zeal17

She basically focused on movies that changed trajectory in her career. I like that she selected Kaminey, despite having a small role it left a mark and was different from her glam roles. 

She didn't shy away from doing small roles be it Kaminey in Bollywood or Matrix in Hollywood. 

But Fashion is the MAIN film that changed her trajectory. It took her to the #1 spot, even if for a brief moment. Without that, she would've been seen as just a Top 5 girl.

I wish she talked about What's Your Raashee? because that's been her most difficult film by far, playing 12 characters, with minimal prosthetics/hairstyle changes, but each with a distinct body language. Incredible.

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

But Fashion is the MAIN film that changed her trajectory. It took her to the #1 spot, even if for a brief moment. Without that, she would've been seen as just a Top 5 girl.

I wish she talked about What's Your Raashee? because that's been her most difficult film by far, playing 12 characters, with minimal prosthetics/hairstyle changes, but each with a distinct body language. Incredible.

She wasn't mentioning hit films but the one's which pivoted her career to new trajectories. Like post Kaminey she explored character driven + indie roles. 

Also because of the length of video maybe she didnt talk about Fashion or What's Your Raashee? but damn she missed on Barfi!

She wasn't mentioning hit films but the one's which pivoted her career to new trajectories. Like post Kaminey she explored character driven + indie roles. 

Also because of the length of video maybe she didnt talk about Fashion or What's Your Raashee? but damn she missed on Barfi!

But AGAIN, Kmainey done less for her career trajectory than Fashion and Barfi.

I'm not sure which "character-driven + indie roles" she was inspired to take post Kaminey: Anjaana Anjaani, Pyaar Impossible, Don 2, Zanjeer.

7 Khoon Maaf is also a great omission.

The length of the video is not really a factor, because it's online and doesn't have to fit a particular format.

But AGAIN, Kmainey done less for her career trajectory than Fashion and Barfi.

I'm not sure which "character-driven + indie roles" she was inspired to take post Kaminey: Anjaana Anjaani, Pyaar Impossible, Don 2, Zanjeer.

7 Khoon Maaf is also a great omission.

The length of the video is not really a factor, because it's online and doesn't have to fit a particular format.

You are talking from external perspective.. Fashion and Barfi made her famous among audiences no doubt but in the video she is talking about her personal perspective wherein working in Kaminey made her realize to explore beyond glam roles. 

You are talking from external perspective.. Fashion and Barfi made her famous among audiences no doubt but in the video she is talking about her personal perspective wherein working in Kaminey made her realize to explore beyond glam roles. 

She introduces the video with "Hi this is Priyanka Chopra Jonas and this is the timeline of my career".

Which is why everyone has pointed out that Fashion and Barfi are glaring omissions. Especially because she talks about Tamizhan and Don so extensively.

Even The White Tiger and The Matrix aren't worthy of Top 8 of her career but she talks about them to highlight them because they are most likely to give her more mileage by pushing them up front.

What!! She doesn't want to talk about Fashion or Barfi..two biggest movies which took her to newer heights as an actor but mentions matrix where she was for 4 min..Are we really this blinded and desperate for HW that we mention cameos there and miss out super solid work done back home..Priyanka has not even given 5% as an actor in HW as much she used to deliver in BW with some solid work..it is sad when you forget to mention those

She introduces the video with "Hi this is Priyanka Chopra Jonas and this is the timeline of my career".

Which is why everyone has pointed out that Fashion and Barfi are glaring omissions. Especially because she talks about Tamizhan and Don so extensively.

Even The White Tiger and The Matrix aren't worthy of Top 8 of her career but she talks about them to highlight them because they are most likely to give her more mileage by pushing them up front.

And that's what I have been saying she had picked of movies which pivoted her career..

She started her acting career with Tamizha so ofcouse she would mention that. She mentioned Don because from there on she got the confidence to play Action roles. She mentioned Kaminey because she felt it was the staring point for her indie roles. 

She isn't picking up top movies of her life.. she is mentioning about how her choices took her career forward.