Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Someone From The Northeast Should Have Played Mary Kom:Priyanka Chopra - Page 2

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago
This content was originally posted by: BettyA1

Then why was HW criticized for using white actors to play non white people?

The same argument was used when not allowing black/minority women on the cover of fashion magazines and not featuring black/minority actors in prominent roles in movies/TV shows

People including desis protested it and that situation is changing

I didn't criticize it...atleast I can't remember....I don't give entertainment industry any more importance than it deserves....They are businesses.....you want them to change the world....well that is never going to happen....for equality, social justice etc etc...I look towards the people I voted for....not the people in the entertainment industry...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I didn't criticize it...atleast I can't remember....I don't give entertainment industry any more importance than it deserves....They are businesses.....you want them to change the world....well that is never going to happen....for equality, social justice etc etc...I look towards the people I voted for....not the people in the entertainment industry...

It's great if you have no problem either way 

But many do, including in this forum, against HW and White media 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I never saw Mary Kom

I saw Kick 4 times ðŸ˜†

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: BettyA1

It's great if you have no problem either way 

But many do, including in this forum, against HW and White media 

I do have a problem with them....just like I have a problem with anyone who is not doing the job they are supposed to do properly and pandering to the Govt.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Journey95

Its all because of social media. Some people already cared in the 90s but they didn't have any platform to bring awareness to those issues. But with social media all that changed. Its mostly good but sometimes it feels like Hollywood movies for an example are designed by a committee now and feel artificial since try to pander to everyone and are very PC.

Like anything and everything else in the world, there will be exceptions to the rule.

And I am of the opinion that it is BETTER to be politically correct, than politically incorrect. 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I never saw Mary Kom

I saw Kick 4 times ðŸ˜†

And this is why we're living in hell. ðŸ˜­Ð“овинда GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Tetul thumbnail

It's like a guy from a middle class family saying during our growing up years, my sister deserved as much proteins and fruits as I had been given.

Edited by Galouti - 2 years ago