Abhimanyu vs The Goenkas - Abhira OS

Posted: 2 years ago

Okay so there is a serious lack of Abhira fanfics and thats just depressing considering how many games the makers are playing with us. So here goes.

Note: this takes place after the whole marriage drama is over and our Abhira are happily married

Abhimanyu Birla was well and truly whipped for his beautiful wife.

It was an undisputed fact. Even he would admit it. One look, one word, one pout and he'd snatch the stars from the sky to lay them at her feet. He truly believed he was placed on this earth to pamper her. It was almost a mercy that Akshara happened to be the least demanding wife in the world, or they would really be in trouble.

Mera hona shayad aap hi ke liye hai

If he was protective of his mother, he was downright obsessed with Akshara. The whole Birla clan, Akshara included, tried their very hardest that she never falls ill or injurs herself, because god he is insufferable if his Akshu isn't one hundred percent happy and okay.

Uski ek aah pe meri jaan nikal jaati hai

All things considered, you'd think he would never argue with her over anything. And he didn't, for the most part. Sure they had their banter and nok jhoks, but he almost never outright refused her anything.

Almost.

The one and only thing he and his Akshu didn't agree on and always ended up fighting about was her family. The Goenkas.

Now he didn't hate the Goenkas (save for maybe Dr Arohi), he just wasn't their biggest fan. His and Akshara's love story hadn't been easy, not by a long shot. Hell, he'd almost married her sister. He had been a hotheaded bull, believing he had a right to marry her just because they loved each other and she had been drowning in her quest to gain her sister's love. They had both grown a lot since then. He didn't deserve to have her back then, not when he didn't understand her. But now, now that he knew the whole truth, he was glad for the hardships they had faced. It had helped forged their relationship and made it unbreakable. Because now that he had her, now that she was his in every sense of the word, he was never letting her go.

Which is why he had such animosity for his in laws. He didn't know about Akshara's history. He didn't know about her parents' death, her stepmother's accident, the promise she had made to her Sirat Mumma. But they did. Akshara grew up in Arohi's shadow and they allowed it to happen. They claimed to love her, and maybe they did in their own way, but they didn't love her enough. Arohi, in her bitterness and anger spent her entire life belittling his Akshu, pushing her down and making her crave her love. And Akshu, his sweet sweet Akshu, grew up in guilt. Arohi took and took and took from her and Akshu gave her everything. And the Goenkas let this happen. They let Arohi stomp all over his Akshu's precious heart. She grew up conditioned to hide her pain and smile for others. And he blamed the Goenkas for it. He blamed them for her lack of confidence, her fear of Arohi's hatred, her history of panic attacks.

Okay, so maybe he hated them a little.

They were torn between their attachment to both their daughters. He, on the other hand, had no such obligations. For him, she would always be his number one priority and it broke his heart to think he was probably the first one to prioritize her over everything, except maybe her parents.

Mere liye Akshara se badkar ab kuch nahi hai

The more he understood his wife, the more he resented her family. And the more protective he grew of her. He hated to be the kind of husband who puts restrictions on his wife, but this he knew he needed to do. His Akshu did not have an ounce of self preservation in her. The concept of putting up boundaries to protect her mental health was foreign to her. 

So yes, he didn't leave her alone with the Goenkas. Whenever there was an event or festival where the Birlas and Goenkas intermingled he remained glued to her side. He'd watch her with hawk eyes as she danced and sang and laughed. He didn't stop her from meeting them, per se, he just didn't leave her alone with them.

And he never, ever left her alone with Arohi. 

She grew up hearing Arohi's poisonous words and he'd be damned if she ever had to hear another accusation from her lips again. The one time he'd seen first hand the way Arohi blasted his Akshu, reducing her to tears and panic attacks, he was livid. He couldn't believe her family watched this for years and just let it happen. 

So yes, sometimes he had to argue with his angel and sometimes he had to outright refuse her when she asked to go spend the night at the Goenka house when he couldn't accompany her or if she asked to go out for lunch with Arohi. She kept insisting things were better and 'her Aru would never' but he just couldn't risk it. She was too important. He almost lost her to her sister, he'd almost lost himself because of Arohi's drama and Goenka's carelessness. Never again. Nobody was allowed to hurt his Akshu anymore. Not even she herself.

This would usually lead to an argument, her insisting and pleading and even crying and him remaining adamant. He'd wipe her tears and kiss her forehead and hold her to his chest, but he wouldn't cave. Not on this. This would usually lead to a few days of silent treatment, during which he'd grow insanely jealous of his family as she would spend all of her time with them and ignore his apologies and gifts. She'd forgive him eventually of course, she couldn't live without him any more than he could live without her and they'd be okay till the next time they'd repeat the whole thing again. It wasn't fun, but it was necessary.

He loved her. Maybe a little too much. And he'd fight anyone to keep her safe and loved and at peace. 

Even her family. Even herself.

Married Abhimanyu is a goal in this OS. ❤️

He is giving all his love to her and Abhi's dialogues in between are beautiful. 

Married AbhiRa is what the world needs in this pandemic sad phase ❤️

I absolutely adore Abhi 🤗 and, tbh, I'm glad he's doing this, because just like you said, Akshara has no self preservation mode. So, if our Abhi doesn't protect her, she'll go ruin herself in the name of family.

Loved, loved, loved reading this and I hope you write more such stories ❤️

This is fantastic and I can so see Abhimanyu doing this with the Goenkas. 

This was much needed! Thanks for posting this. 

And yes there is a serious lack of AbhiRa fiction in this forum. Here is looking at you tagged people. 

Great concept...

This seriously needs to happen in the show after Abhira marriage...

Can someone pls send me this Abhimanyu address? Why don't we have him in the show too? 

Originally posted by Eternized_Blues

This is fantastic and I can so see Abhimanyu doing this with the Goenkas. 

This was much needed! Thanks for posting this. 

And yes there is a serious lack of AbhiRa fiction in this forum. Here is looking at you tagged people. 

Okay, am I being tagged so I read the story or are you asking for story from me? 

Hope cvs stalk and copy your IS for next phase . It's sooo beautiful..Ak needs a man like Abhimanyu to stand for her as shield. I have a friend on twitter she used to say that e shadi ke baad mayka nahi bhejega kabhi..this OS is reminding her words. 

Edited by Mehersudha - 2 years ago
Originally posted by ishqdinoorhai9

Okay, am I being tagged so I read the story or are you asking for story from me? 

I wanted you to read it and also give me story. My Noor is such a smart bacha 🥰

Thank you for this!   ❤️❤️
I want to so see this Abhimanyu Vs Goenkas face off. Akshara has no one to stand in her support and this man would be rock. Goenkas for once needs to be shown the reality.