🏏India vs South Africa 3rd Test 🏏: Cape Town - Page 49

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 7 months ago
Originally posted by Bee222

Jaan nikal gayi almost ek wicket lete lete smiley44

Kash tomorrow first ball pe hi we get a wicket smiley42

Tere muh mein ghee shakkarsmiley20

The hosts were 101 for two at the close.

South Africa were almost halfway to the target with only one wicket down in the last over of the day when wicketkeeper Pant flung himself to his right and held a catch to dismiss Dean Elgar, the home team's captain and star of a similar run chase in the second Test in Johannesburg.

Elgar, on 30, was initially given not out as he shaped to glance Jasprit Bumrah down the leg side. But an Indian review showed a faint spike as the ball went past the bat.

An earlier successful review by Elgar after he was given out leg before to off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin seemed to anger the Indians.

They clearly felt the ball was hitting the stumps, but the ball tracking technology showed it was just clearing the top of the wicket.

Indian bowling coach Paras Mhambrey said the tourists remained confident that they could win a series in South Africa for the first time.

โ€œThere is something in the wicket,โ€ said Mhambrey. โ€œWe can create opportunities. There is a patch there where the ball bounces more. We've got to be patient on a pitch like this. We have to hit the right areas and hit those areas more consistently.โ€

Mhambrey praised Pant, who ran out of partners after hitting six fours and four sixes in 139-ball innings.

โ€œHe gave us a great opportunity to win a Test match.โ€

South Africa's Keegan Petersen (L) watches the ball after playing a shot as India's wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant (R) and India's Mayank Agarwal (C) look on during the third day of the third Test cricket match between South Africa and India at Newlands stadium in Cape Town. โ€” AFP

For India --45%  chance--For SA --51% chance

4% for a draw.  

But I feel 55% for SA win. 

But expecting a miracle from our bowlers. smiley4

Edited by Viswasruti - 7 months ago
Originally posted by Viswasruti

For India --45%  chance--For SA --51% chance

4% for a draw.  

But I feel 55% for SA win. 

But expecting a miracle from our bowlers. smiley4

seeing the situation i too see favor side in SA for winning

hope some miracle happens

Hi Shreya, nice meeting you!smiley31

Thanks to Soni and Busy Bee for all the clarifications. smiley31

While we are at introductions, let me introduce you to Madhuri, our topic maker Viswasruti's real name. smiley31

Meet you all in the evening, when play resumes at 7:30PM my time.

Cheers..

can anyone explain me the dean elgar controversy?! like why indian players were annoyed with the lbw decision! 

Originally posted by RandomWaliLadki

can anyone explain me the dean elgar controversy?! like why indian players were annoyed with the lbw decision! 

Dean Elgar was declared out owing to a LBW on Ashwin's bowl.

On field umpire also declared him to be out. Honestly at the length the bowl hit his pad everybody were convinced he's out.

Just out of hope, Elgar looked upto DRS (he was himself at loss of hope)

But DRS revealed the bowl missing stumps owing to the excess bounce. (Trust me doesn't look like it at the first impression without bowl tracking. I myself thought it will hit way below the bells)

That's how everyone on the field got annoyed and VK went a step ahead in showing it. He was being too sarcastic from there on.