Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by Hriju321

Interesting! Waiting for the next part

I'm so glad you found it interesting.  Thank you for taking time to comment 😃

Originally posted by ChhalkiSyaahi

Oh baby. This was fabulous.  ❤

Beautifully penned.  

What will Abhi do when he finds out about Neil's plan?

Can't wait for the next part.

What will Abhi do when he finds out? 😉  

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment.  It truly means a lot when I see comments about what I wrote.

❤️ right back at you!  Thank you for taking time to read and comment 😃

Originally posted by sheet_leher

I read this again because the concept is so refreshing 😃

I hope you update soon 🥰

Wow, a second reading? ❤️🤗 Thank you so much!

Edited by iheartChai - 2 years ago
Originally posted by Azraa01

A superb start

Cant wait for you to update 

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.  It really means a lot 😃

Originally posted by apra

oh oh oh i  like this FF for a change why cant the writers take tips from you 

That's quite a compliment 😳 Thank you so much!

I think many of us here on the forum probably could patch this show up.  We all have some great ideas

Originally posted by iheartChai

That's quite a compliment 😳 Thank you so much!

I think many of us here on the forum probably could patch this show up.  We all have some great ideas

Hi!!  When can we read the next part of this story please?

Eagerly looking forward to it!  Thank you!!

🤗

Lucid Dream Part 2

“Parth?” Neil replied in surprise as he put down the newspaper.  He had been concentrating so hard on his task that he had failed to recognize that the elevator doors had opened for the floor. “Wh-what are you doing?”

“That’s what I like to know,” he asked with his eyebrow raised.  “I was going to suggest we go out for lunch all together with Abhi.  I just texted him.  He said he wasn’t feeling well and I thought I come and check on him.”

“That sounds like a great idea...I mean lunch...” Neil said, folding his newspaper sticking it underneath his arm.  “Shall we go?” Parth gave him a look but then silently followed him.

The cousins sat out on the veranda at the hotel restaurant waiting for Abhimanyu to come down.  Parth had convinced him that some fresh air would do him some good and he needed nourishment to fight whatever it was that he was going through.

Parth folded his hands in front of him and stared at his younger cousin with suspicious eyes.  “It’s going to take Abhi some time as he’s gone for a shower. So, while we wait.  You mind telling me what you were really doing?” Neil put down the menu that he had been studying hoping Parth wouldn’t ask him again what he was doing earlier. “I know it was a coincidence that we all ended up having conferences here.  Your tech conference…I came because I wanted to see the latest music studio mixer products…Abhi and Akshara came to the medical conference next door at this hotel…special music therapy sessions that my Mom thought Akshara should attend.  But you’ve been randomly disappearing on me.  Mind cluing me in?”

Neil gave him a meaningful look, “Do you think Abhi and Akshara should have gotten married?”

Parth blinked a bit, taken aback by the question. “Well, we all know Abhimanyu loves Akshara.  I know Chacha and Chachi thought Arohi was going to be the better match.  The less said probably the best but it turned into a bit of a mess.”

“A mess?  It was a disaster! That chipkali never matched Bro one bit.  Akshara was the better match!  We were saved when the wedding was finally called off.” Neil replied.

“If Akshara had loved him I wouldn’t have seen any problems.”

“There was always something there.  We never got the full story of whatever happened between them but if all of that changed?” Neil pressed.

“Then sure…if the two love each other I don’t see why they couldn’t be together.” Parth answered as he reached for his glass of water, “The families may have a tough time with it.  But what is all of this about?” 

“I’m going to tell you something but you promise you won’t tell Bro.  This stays between you and me.  Like nobody should know about this.”  Parth nodded.  “So I may have spiked their drinks last night with Desi daru and arranged it so they ended up in the hotel room alone?”

“Are you crazy?” Parth sputtered, spilling water onto the table and himself.  “Neil, do you know what Abhi will do to you when he finds out?”

“I just wanted them to talk things out.”

“Talking things out is fine but not in an intoxicated state and in a room alone together,” Parth stated as he dabbed his shirt with his napkin. “And the last time he had Desi daru he looked pretty rough for a couple of days.  No wonder he feels the way he feels right now.  He’s got a hangover.”

“We know how Bhai gets when he gets angry.  He was behaving so weirdly at the last engagement function and then at that Mehendi one.  There are communication issues between them.  They haven’t been hanging around each other since the wedding was canceled.  This convention was a chance for them to be around each other.  I just thought let him loosen up.  I was sort of desperate.  Who knows when marriage talks will start up again on either side of the families?  Obviously, not between us because both families hate each other but with other families…then we will run out of time again.”

“Seriously Neil?” Parth replied exasperated at his obsession with Abhimanyu’s love life.  “But what if something,” pausing for effect, “you know… happened between them?”

“Nothing happened.  I made sure of it.  When I left them she was in one bed and he was in the other bed.  They were both passed out fully clothed.  This was around 2am.  The point was for them to wake up and discuss about last night.”

“This isn’t just about Abhimanyu, Neil.  This affects Akshara too.   Just don’t do anything that reckless again.  You may inadvertently hurt someone without realizing it.”  Neil nodded, understanding the concern.

Abhimanyu gripped tightly on the handlebars of his motorcycle as he sped his way to his destination.  The sky was still dark but it was getting lighter with each passing minute and soon the city would awaken to its morning routines while he was shifting downward to the end of his very long day.  He had just finished a double shift at the hospital and despite his weary state he had one important stop to make before heading home.  He turned the bend in the road and smiled as he caught sight of a white sedan parked off to the side.  He quickly parked his bike and rushed over to the driver’s door with a smile.  “Hey,” Ahbimanyu greeted as he wrapped his arms around Akshara’s waist.  “Good Morning.”  

She smiled as her hands clasped together behind his neck.  “Good Morning.”  She moved her head to the side with a knowing smirk as he let out a whine.  

“Not fair.”

“Listen, the stuff is in the back.  We should probably get going,” Akshara ordered, tapping his shoulder.  

Abhimanyu frowned and let go.  “You owe me one later,” he cheekily replied.  

They made their way down a path that opened out to a small clearing where a rocky outcrop stood on a large cliff overlooking some forest and a lake below.  Abhimanyu spread the picnic blanket along one of the large smooth flat boulders while Akshara took out two small drink thermoses from a travel tote.  

“Here you go, your black coffee.” Abhimanyu smiled, taking the cup poured for him and took a sip before leaning back against the smooth rock bed.  His eyes widened when he saw a paper plate with a kachori handed over to him.  “Kachori?  I knew I smiled something good.  I was wondering what you had in that tote of yours.” 

“Lucky for you I know the store owner since I was a kid.  He woke up extra early and made these for me.”

“No smiley face?” Abhimanyu asked in a sad joking manner.

Akshara turned around with a squirt bottle filled with chutney, “It’s the most important part,” she said as she drew the smiley on the fried pastry.  She did the same for her kachori and sat beside him enjoying her breakfast with a cup of chai.

Suddenly feeling extremely famished Abhimanyu started to dig in.  “Hey Akshu, you have any—“

“Napkins?” she answered, handing him some.

“You came prepared.  You wouldn’t have any aloo parathas too?”

“Do I look like a dhaba to you?” she replied, giving him a look.

“Just thought I ask,” he answered innocently. “I mean who carries around a squirt bottle of chutney?”

“Abhi…”    

“You know I like the ones you brought for lunch that one time.”

“You mean the time you stole one from me before running off to do your rounds?” Abhimanyu nodded.  “Really?  I-I made those.” Akshara replied, blushing a little. “Those weren’t that great.”

“I enjoyed them.  I can’t wait until the day I’ll be able to eat your food at home.” He looked over and simply stated.  “I want to marry you.”

“I know Abhi,”giving a small grin, “We just need to find the right time. But Bade Papa still flinches whenever someone mentions the name Birla.  Right now both he and AG left to do some work in Pune and Dadi is at some prayer festival with some friends. That was how I was able to sneak out so early this morning without getting caught. It will be at least a week or two before everyone is back home again.  We can wait two more weeks?”

“I suppose.  I have been patient haven’t I?”Akshara nodded knowing how much he was controlling himself from running to the Goenka mansion busting down the doors and demanding a wedding with her from Bade Papa.  One thing she learned after the tumultuous weeks that came after the 2 day festival was how unabashedly quick he would make decisions and run full throttle regardless of the circumstances.  For him if the logic was sound in his mind then everyone should see that as well and he would deal with the aftermath later.  After she had finally confessed her feelings it took her weeks to dissuade him from making a scene again in front of the families.  She wasn’t particularly proud of the fact that she was hiding things from everyone but oddly she felt a sense of peace that at this moment it was just her and Abhimanyu.  They had their own world without anyone’s interference. For the first time she knew what it felt like to do something for herself.      

“What about Harsh Uncle?” Akshara inquired with nervousness. 

“Don’t worry about him.  I can handle Sir.  Everyone else is fine.  Even Tauji has come around.”  Abhimanyu wiped his hands with his napkin and took a long drink of coffee.  He smiled as Akshara moved closer, settling into the crook of his arm as they took pause to watch the sun slowly rise up into the sky.  He kissed the crown of her head while she snuggled closer to him.  They sat there for some time before the alarm on Akshara’s phone went off signaling it was time to leave.  They packed everything up and headed back to their vehicles.

“Well, everything’s in the back seat,” Abhimanyu said as he closed the door.  Akshara turned to open the driver’s side door when she saw his hand rest against the door frame.  “I think you are forgetting something, Miss Goenka.”  

“You put everything in the back.  The picnic blanket, the two thermoses, the napkins…”

“Oye…” Abhimanyu voiced with annoyance. 

“What? What am I forgetting?” She replied, trying to contain her giggles.

“You know very well.” 

“I have to go before I’m late for work.  You have to go home,” continuing to feign ignorance.

“Akshar-” was all he was able to utter before she granted his wish with a kiss.  Abhimanyu instinctively leaned in holding her closer not wanting the moment to end.  

“Abhi…” she murmured against his lips before he took control again deepening the lip lock.  Eventually, Akshara pushed back and placed her hand on his cheek, “I really need to go now and you Dr. Birla need to go home and sleep.”

“Fine,” he answered as he let go of her waist.  “Permission to dream about you?”  Akshara felt her cheeks flush red at his question. “Aloo parathas…you feeding me your aloo parathas.” He chuckled as he received a playful slap on the shoulder.   “Okay, you need to go,” he relented and opened the door for her.  “By the way have you noticed anything peculiar recently about Neil?”

“Neil?  No, not really,” she replied as she settled in turning on the car.  “Other than that, I run into him at the hospital a lot more.”

“Hmm…his behavior has been off a little ever since we came back from the convention.  In fact even Parth is acting strangely,” Abhimanyu mused out loud.  “I still cannot recall much about that night.  I’m starting to vaguely remember us in the room together but nothing much after that.”

“If you can’t remember you can’t remember.”

Sensing her tone he softly inquired, “Akshu, do you remember anything?  Did we…”

“No, not really.  But I’ve been having these dreams,” looking away as if trying to recall what had happened, “We are together, we are dancing in the room and then it’s just blurry nothing really makes sense.  The thing I always see before I wake up is that you and I are on the same bed…”

“Don’t stress about it.  It’s just a dream Akshu, ”Abhimanyu answered reassuringly. “I’ll call you later.  Oh, let me know if they are bothering you again about the Oberoi case.  The patient is still mentally disturbed.  I requested security to be placed outside the room to prevent the police or media from interfering with her recovery.”

“She’s responding to some of the therapy we are going through but it’s going to take time. I’ll let you know how it goes today,” Akshara replied.  Abhimanyu nodded and then closed the door.  He waited and watched as she drove out of sight before he hopped on his motorcycle to head home.

Akshara sighed as she walked into the Goenka mansion feeling a little tired then normal from the day’s work.  As she made her way into the living room she was nearly run over by Vansh who seemed to be hurriedly on his way out the door.  “I’m so sorry Askhu,” he apologized putting his hand on her arm to steady her.  

“It’s okay Vansh bhaiya.  Where you going?”

“I was on my way out to do a video vlog at this new cafe,” he explained.  “By the way not to alarm you but Bade Mama, she's been talking to Mrs. Kaushik.”

“What?”  

“All morning I might add,” shaking his head, “We don’t need any shadi talk in this house...not for a while. I’m sorry Akshu but I have to go.  I’ll see you later.  I won’t be home for dinner.”

“Okay, bye Bhaiya,” Akshara waved.  She turned around and eyed the phone in the living room.  Mrs. Kaushik always called the landline when she wanted to gossip and talk about eligible young men and women in the community that would make the perfect jodi.  She walked past the living room and as she placed her foot on the first step of the stairs the phone rang.  Her stomach churned as she saw Bade Mama appear from the dining room answering the call, “Hello Mrs. Kaushik.”  She couldn’t hear much else as Bade Mama disappeared back into the dining room with the phone.

It had been three days since their sunrise date.  Abhimanyu had been extremely busy at work as his uncle Dr. Anand Birla had caught the flu and he was picking up some of the extra surgeries to help cover.  He texted when time permitted but Akshara was starting to feel uneasy that they had not had a proper conversation for some time.  She chided herself for feeling this way.  It was something she realized that she would have to get use to due to his work.  Being a surgeon’s wife was going to test her patience.  But the only difference between now and later was they were hiding their relationship now.  Later, she would have full rights to spend time with him in his cabin and be in his house. She placed the book she had been reading on the bedside table and got up to stretch.  Her eyes took in the room around her; everything was the same: the décor, the picture frames, and the furniture.  But there was something new.  She was now living in this room alone.  Ever since the day the wedding was called off Arohi packed her things and shifted into one of the guest bedrooms.  Her only explanation was that she needed space.  That day Akshara did not stop her sister.  It was an odd change in dynamic as she had very assuredly suspected Arohi would have ordered her out of the room but instead she left voluntarily.  It was a good week before they spoke normally to each other; if there ever had been a normal between them after Sirat Ma’s death.

On the professional front, Arohi had been immediately removed from Abhimanyu’s team. But to cover that this may have been for personal reasons all the interns were re-shuffled under the guise of a new program to maximize their interactions with various lead medical staff and not be beholden to one physician’s way of approaching things.  Though everyone knew the truth, some were excited to be working with new physicians while others were upset they would no longer be working with their favorite attending.  Arohi threw herself fully into her work and when time permitted she volunteered at NGO clinics. And despite the busy schedule Akshara had seen her sister continue to study, reviewing the latest medical journals and textbooks. She even caught her one time fast asleep, her head resting on an open book indicating a long night of review.  Arohi was determined to earn her way into the MD program this time around through her hard work.  The 30 lakhs had been for not because it had all been a sham.  The man whom she had given the money to had run away with it.  He had apparently pulled this scam two other times.  The medical college, fearing bad press, refused to discuss the matter and the story ended there. Her integrity was definitely questioned but Harshvardhan Birla fearing a public relations fiasco at Birla Hospital agreed to keep things quiet by not kicking her out of the internship.  She was instead put on probation for some time. 

Akshara walked over to the desk realizing it had been some time since she had made adjustments to the desk calendar.  It was still showing the month of December.  As she tore the pages off reading the inspirational quote before throwing them into the small trash bin her eyes widened as a sudden realization washed over her.  She rushed to find her phone and quickly dial Abhimanyu’s number.  She waited anxiously as the line continued to ring.  It eventually went to voicemail but instead of leaving one she hung up and tried calling again.  There was a brief moment of relief when she heard his baritone voice answer, “Hello…”

Akshara clutched the fabric of her kurta top in her hand as she nervously spoke, “Abhi, we have to talk.  I-um, I missed my monthly…”

Abhimanyu stopped in mid step trying to process what Akshara had just told him.  He was standing in the middle of the hallway thankful no one was around. “Tell me where you are.  I’ll come there right now,” he replied into his phone as he slipped into his office.

Pre-cap part 3

“False-negative?  Can that be possible?” Neil exclaimed. “I thought over the counter pregnancy tests were fairly accurate.”

“It’s rare but possible,” Parth explained.  

Akshara held her hand to her mouth and rushed to the bathroom.  Abhimanyu looked distressed at the situation unfolding before him.  Neil folded his hands and in an apologetic tone and pleaded, “Bro, don’t kill me before I become an uncle.” Abhimanyu gave an eerie smile as he put his hand on his shoulder and squeezed it firmly.  But before Neil could say anything more he watched his brother lurch putting his hand to his mouth and then run off to find the closest bathroom that wasn’t occupied in the house. “What was that?  Is that what they call sympathetic pregnancy?”

“Couvade syndrome.  It’s not uncommon for men to have symptoms like nausea, bloating, irritability, gas, constipation while their partners are expecting,” Parth answered.  “But this soon?”

Part 3 is on Page 11

Tags

Part 2 on page 5