Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

One Shot: Happy New Year

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Maan climbed out of the car and opened the back door. He smiled clasping his daughter’s hand and handed the keys over to the valet as he led her inside.

“It’s beautiful!” Eliza squealed excitedly looking around.

He smiled down at her and hummed an agreement.

“Papa, I want dessert first” Eliza looked at him hopefully.

“Let us first get inside” he chuckled ushering her in.

“Dadima!” Eliza grinned brightly when her grandmother walked towards them.

“Oh hush” Anamika laughed, and her cheeks warmed. “What happened to calling me, Dee?”

“Mama, that doesn’t suit you” Maan informed and pressed a kiss to her cheeks. “You’re her dadima so she should be calling you that”.

“I’ll dadima you” she sneakily twisted his ear. “You made me a young grandmother”.

“Of course,” he agreed teasingly and rolled his eyes.

“Papa, can I go get dessert now?” Eliza tugged at his hand.

“Hang on a second” Maan responded and looked around. “Isn’t dad here yet?”

“Son, do I look like I have a death wish?” Yuvraj Khurana asked joining them and placed a hand on his wife’s waist kissing her cheek.

“Just in time” Anamika murmured accepting his kiss with a smile. “The hall looks amazing, right?” she asked looking between them.

Maan nodded with his father. Anamika Khurana was hosting her annual New Year’s Eve party as usual. She’d called the best wedding planner in town to help pull together the elegant yet extravagant party. It was certainly going to be talk of the town for the next coming weeks.

Family and close friends were all invited to celebrate and countdown when the clock neared midnight.

“We’ll be back” Anamika said excusing herself and her husband as they moved towards the entrance to greet family and friends who were arriving.

“Hey big brother” Dev clapped a hand on his shoulder with a smile before his smile faltered when he locked eyes with Eliza. “Eliza” he muttered.

Eliza grinned widely. “Hi, uncle Dev!” she cheerfully greeted and smiled.

Maan looked between his brother and his daughter. “What did you do, Eliza?” he inquired.

“Nothing” she smiled innocently giving him a glimpse of her dimples.

“What did she do?” Maan asked turning to Dev.

Dev was about to answer when Eliza stroked her neck with her index finger and smiled brightly when Maan looked at her once more. “Nothing. Nothing at all” he muttered and walked away.

“Eliza Khurana” Maan crouched down to his daughter’s level and narrowed his eyes.

“I did nothing, I promise” she batted her lashes.

“That’s why you were mimicking cutting your throat?”

Maan lifted his head and his eyes brightened as his wife finally arrived.

Eliza whirled around and screamed, “Mama!” she wrapped her arms around her waist hugging her tightly.

“No hugging until you tell me what you did or said to your uncle?” Geet stepped back from her daughter and crossed her arms.

Maan’s eyes were solely focused on his wife. She had donned on a Sunaina Khera’s designer navy sequin saree that left little to imagination. His mind was starting to wander when he was finally pulled back to the present with his daughter’s sweet voice.

“Mama, I did nothing” Eliza replied pouting at her mother.

“Uh huh, I know you too well” Geet responded and continued to stare her daughter down.

“I only had uncle Rahul put chillies in his dinner”.

“Eliza” Geet admonished narrowing her eyes. “You know what happens when your Dev uncle eats chillies”.

“I wanted him to stay on the toilet all day. He didn’t take me to see Nana”.

Geet pinched the bridge of her nose and looked at Maan. “This is all your doing, Maan” she blamed.

“My doing?”

“Yes, your doing” she agreed nodding her head. “You give in to her and look at her. Just last week, she threw an entire bowl of jelly on Shalini’s lap. Purposely. And today, she made Rahul put chillies in Dev’s dinner”.

“But…”

“No”.

“But Geet.”

“Nope” she held up a hand shaking her head.

“I didn’t…”
“Nope” she sighed and walked away.

“Geet” Maan called and watched sadly as his wife sauntered away. His mind was quickly distracted as he noticed the back of her blouse was only held together by a string. He drank in the sight of his wife and almost salivated. He was close to drooling openly when Eliza tugged on his hand.

“Papa, this is your fault” she said. “Mama is angry with me”.

“You put chillies in Dev’s food” he blamed.

“Well, you told me that’s how I can get Dev uncle to agree to do anything for me”.

“Okay, shush” he covered her mouth. “I don’t need your mother to know that as well”.

Eliza grinned behind his palm and giggled. “You’re in trouble”.

“Thanks to you” he grumbled and clasped her hand. “Come on, let’s go find your mama and do some grovelling” he told her.

“Dev” Geet approached and looked apologetically at her brother-in-law. “I’m so sorry for what Eliza did”.

“I do love her, bhabhi but sometimes… your daughter is scary and crazy” he muttered.

“It’s all Maan’s doing” she blamed. “My Eliza was so sweet and innocent when she was a baby. I might have to reduce my hours at work to see what Maan is teaching my daughter”.

“Geet” Maan said joining her side. “I did nothing”.

“Tell that to someone who cares” she stated and frowned at her husband. “Shalini called in advance saying she’s coming only if we keep Eliza away from her”.

Maan snorted and covered it quickly with a cough. “Shalini must’ve antagonised her, I mean, why else will she throw jelly all over her?” he reasoned.

“You’re blaming Shalini?” she questioned with a gasp. “You cannot be defending her” she gestured to their daughter. “Eliza does these pranks when she doesn’t get her way”.

“Mama, I’m so very sorry” Eliza stepped forward wrapping her arm around Geet’s waist and held her tightly. “I won’t do it again”.

“You said that last time” Geet reminded.

“I mean it, this time” she answered and smirked when Dev’s eyebrows shot up when he noticed her crossing her fingers.

Maan also noticed, he stepped forward uncrossing his daughter’s fingers and wrapped his arm around his wife and daughter. “She does promise for real” he said.

Geet looked at her husband suspiciously then at her daughter. “I’ll believe it when I see it”.

Maan nodded in agreement and said, “Come on, let’s dance”.

“Can I have dessert?” Eliza chirped.

“One only and then sit your bum on that chair” Geet pointed.

Eliza nodded with a grin, she snagged a dessert cup and walked to the chair Geet pointed to and sat down. She dug into her dessert happily and watched her parents moving to the centre of the dance amongst the other dancing couples.

Maan placed his hand on her hips and pulled her in closer. Geet smiled entwining her hands around his nape and swayed her hips along with the music.

“You look stunning” he whispered into her ear.

“I know” she replied and winked up at him. “You don’t look so bad” she pressed closer.

“Am I forgiven then?”

“You’re not in the doghouse today” she answered. “But you have to promise you will admonish Eliza if she pulls these pranks on anyone”.

He nodded with a smile.

“Maan, I mean it” she scowled.

He laughed and clasped her cheek kissing her nose. “I really do try, Geet. She looks up at me with those big eyes of yours and those dimples…” he mumbled.

“Maan” Geet looked at him exasperated.

He laughed and pressed a kiss to the crease in between her brows. “I’ll try”.

Geet rolled her eyes knowing he was only saying it to appease her. She would’ve argued but it was New Year’s Eve, and she was in her husband’s arms right now after spending the entire day at work. She had planned for the day to be off work, but one of her colleagues called in sick and she had to go into the hospital to cover the shift as there was no one else available.

Geet looked into her husband’s eyes and felt herself falling in love all over again with him. They had met when she’d been interning at the hospital, and he had been a constant visitor when his grandfather was hospitalised for his final weeks. Geet had become his grandfather’s favourite doctor and he loved it when she was the intern on his case. Maan had chided his grandfather for teasingly pointing out that Geet was perfect for him and flirted with Geet playfully. He’d loved it when she’d entertained his grandfather. Maan had joined his father’s company during this time and worked in the advertising department trying to work his way up to become the head of the advertising department. His father wouldn’t have given him the job easily especially when he had no experience. Even if he had studied advertising in university. Studying and implementing on the studies were two different things.  

It was 3 months after his grandfather’s demise that Maan had come to the hospital and asked Geet out on a date. She’d accepted and the rest was history. 6 months later, they were engaged and on their first date anniversary, they’d married.

Geet’s job had her working various hours, but she’d always made up for it and no one minded it. She had felt guilty in the beginning after Eliza was born, but Maan assured her that he was there for their daughter, and Geet was always present in their thoughts. Maan had worked for last 8 years and had gotten the head of the advertising department in his father’s company and was able to work remotely from home. He’d worked during the day when Eliza was in school and slipped his laptop away when his daughter returned giving her his whole attention.

“What?” Maan asked noticing Geet staring up intensely.

“Huh?”

“You were looking so deep into thought. What are you thinking?” he asked.

“Just how much I love you” she answered and tiptoed pressing a peck to his lips. “Thank you for everything. Even though you are rubbish sometimes with Eliza, you’re the best husband”.

“I love how you give me backhanded compliments” he laughed nuzzling her neck.

“You’re very welcome” she giggled and played with the ends of his hair. “I had Karan call me today” she said remembering the phone call that had arrived when she’d been at the hospital.

“Oh yeah?” he looked at her excitedly.

She grinned. “I’ve got the building and he’s got the paperwork signed”.

Maan beamed and hugged her tightly. Geet’s cheeks warmed, and her smile widened at the excitement of her husband and her own happiness. She had been discussing for the last couple of months about setting up her own clinic. Geet had seen first-hand the issues of people not having insurance or youngsters avoiding coming to the hospital afraid of the judgement and being in a crowded space where someone might recognise them.

She had talked to Maan about wanting to do something for the unprivileged and unsupported of their community and talked of the clinic. Maan had supported her wholly. Geet however needed investors to be able to fund the clinic and earn money as well for the investors. Maan had told her not to worry about investors and assured he will have some rich friends who wouldn’t mind splashing their money wanting to say they’ve done a great thing and circle it around in the gossip mill. With investors sorted, Geet had to find a place suitable for her clinic and an idea to bring money in. This is where Karan had come in. He’d provided her with the idea of doing private cosmetic surgeries which would bring in a lot of money from the rich. And if she had a clinic entrance on the other side of the building for the under privileged – it would work out amazingly. Geet was more than happy to do that. The funds from the investors will keep the free clinic running and the income from the private rich patients would keep her and her colleagues paid along with the upkeep of the practice. The added bonus of this clinic also means she will be able to start working conventional hours and be home for dinner with her husband and daughter.

“This is such brilliant news, Geet”.

“Thanks, Maan. It would not have been possible without you” she responded.

“When do you think you’ll look at working on opening the place?”

“Maybe in about 3 months time, I’m going to hand in my notice at the hospital giving them time to find a replacement and then focus my energies on setting it up and getting it off the ground before I’m too exhausted and have to be off my feet”.

He frowned. “What do you mean too exhausted? Is something wrong?” he looked at her panicked.

“No, I mean like…” Geet smiled slowly and grasped his hand at her hips and placed it on her abdomen. “I believe we’re successful in trying for our second addition”.

“Really?” he looked at her with widened eyes.

Geet nodded her head with a smile.

“Wow, I am good. We only decided only 6 weeks ago” he praised himself.

She bit her cheeks and shook her head with a sheepish smile.

Maan laughed and kissed her hard.

“Ewww, stop kissing” Eliza called out from the sideline.

“Eliza” Maan chuckled parting from his wife and held out his hand to his daughter. She ran over and he lifted her up in his arms. She giggled closing her tiny arms around his neck and shrieked when Maan spun her. Geet watched as Maan danced with Eliza hilariously and pressed a kiss to her daughter’s cheek before walking off the dance floor leaving them to continue their dance.

After a while, dinner was announced, and they all made their way to their seats and were served with a lavish 3 course dinner. Maan had focused his attention between his wife and daughter. He’d ensured Eliza had eaten a bite before checking on Geet to make sure she was eating in between the gossip she was involved in with his brother’s wife, Shalini.

“You’re hovering over Geet like she is a child” Shalini remarked when this was probably the tenth time Maan had turned and nudged Geet to eat more.

“I’m only caring for my wife, Shalini. Same can’t be said for Dev” he countered playfully gesturing to Dev who was stuffing his face.

“Really, bro?”

Maan shrugged and laughed.

“I know Dev loves me” Shalini said. “I don’t need him hovering over me like I’m a baby and can’t eat. Like you’re doing to Geet”

“Shalini” Geet nudged her sister-in-law with a chuckle.

“He’s too overprotective and like a dad”.

“Shut up” Maan scowled at her and turned to feed Eliza. “Eliza” he muttered noticing his daughter was missing from the chair.

“Aaahhh” Shalini shrieked and narrowed her eyes at Eliza holding an empty cup.

“Oh, I am soo sorry aunty” she pouted her lips innocently watching the drink seeping into her beautiful ruby gown. “I slipped”.

“Eliza…” Geet moaned pinching the bridge of her nose.

“This is why I hate coming wherever she is” Shalini cried.

Maan bit down on his bottom lip and scooped Eliza into his arms. “It was an accident, Shalini” he sided with her.

“Maan” Geet shot him a glare.

“She said sorry”.

“She also did it purposely” Shalini stood patting napkins over her dress and looked up glaring at Eliza.

Eliza looked apologetic whilst Geet looked at them. As soon as her mother’s eyes turned to Shalini, Eliza grinned and stuck out her tongue.

“I so hate you” Shalini grumbled.

“I know you love me, aunty. Dadima told me so that you missed me when I went on holiday with mama and papa” Eliza grinned proudly.

“I hate her” Shalini said looking at Geet.

“I do too” Geet agreed and smacked her forehead when Shalini whirled away with Dev following her to help clean her up.

“Do you like giving your mama a heart attack?” Geet asked Eliza.

“Nope” she shook her head hugging Maan tightly. “Aunty shouldn’t have made papa upset, right papa?”

“Yeah, true. She deserved it” Maan agreed.

“Maan!”

He shrugged and kissed Eliza’s cheek.

“This is why I blame you” Geet said standing up. “I’m going to check on Shalini. You, madam, are going home now. It’s late” she told Eliza. “Make arrangements, Maan or you can go home as well with her”.

“Papa” Eliza said.

“Yeah, baby girl?”

“I did the right thing, right? She made you upset”.

“You did, baby” he agreed nodding his head and kissed her cheeks. “Now your mama is right though. It is getting late and is past your bedtime” he told her.

Eliza grumbled and he kissed her cheeks. “Papa and mama will come and check on you when we come home” he promised.

“Okay” she smiled. Maan pulled out his phone calling for their loyal staff member to arrive to pick Eliza. Geet came and stood outside with Maan after ten minutes and kissed her daughter off as she was strapped into the car.

“Be good” she told her brushing her fingers through her daughter’s hair.

“Okay” Eliza smiled. “I like Martin and Nina” she said.

“Call us if you need anything” Maan told Martin and waved them off.

Maan and Geet re-entered the party. They walked around the hall chatting with their family and friends wishing them a happy new year as it neared midnight. Maan tugged Geet for another dance before Yuvraj interrupted and danced with his daughter in law whilst Maan went to his mother asking her for a dance. Soon, they were dancing with different partners as others approached asking for Geet’s hand and Maan asked family and friends to dance.

Maan apologised sincerely to Shalini this time when he danced with her. Shalini accepted and she did state she did love her niece, even if she was a nuisance and a brat most of the time. Maan wished her a happy new year before he was interrupted by Dev who wanted to dance with his wife. Maan turned and walked across the dance floor.

“May I step in, Arjun?” he asked.

Arjun smiled at his cousin and nodded. “Happy new year to you both” he wished and walked away to find his wife. Maan stepped forward and held onto his wife tightly as they swayed together to the music.

“Did you enjoy tonight?”

“Yeah, it was great” Geet answered with a smile. “Another mishap as always by our daughter”.

Maan laughed. “C’mon, you enjoy it secretly”.

Geet smirked and denied speaking up.

He chuckled and pressed his forehead to hers. She breathed in deeply as he uttered the lyrics to the song as if he was singing to her. She closed her eyes enjoying the warm proximity of his body to hers. His love consumed her. Even after almost 9 years of being together, she was so deeply in love with her husband, and he was with her. Their love hadn’t diminished at all. They’d had their fair share of arguments, jokes, laughter, pranks but their love never wavered. Not a shred of regret or suspicions weaved its way into their marriage. Geet pressed closer enjoying the soothing words escaping her husband’s lips. She felt like she was the only one in the room. With his love, she felt as if the world revolved around her. His world certainly revolved around her and their daughter. Soon to be joined by another.

Geet’s heart pounded as the countdown began for midnight.

Maan counted down into her ear. “5, 4, 3, 2, 1….” He grinned.  

“Happy new year, my love” she whispered.  

“Happy new year, sweetheart” he replied curling his hand around her nape and pulled her in for a deep kiss. Fireworks blasted outside and cheers erupted in the hall as the new year arrived and well wishes were being yelled out cheerfully. Indeed their new year was starting happily.

Hola! Hope everyone is doing well. [Belated] Happy New Year! 🥳

Hope you've enjoyed this MG OS. 

Also to share the changed blog address. 

New Blog Link: www.allureofliteraryromance.wordpress.com 

Edited by NerdyBirdy - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

taahir004 thumbnail

Beautiful and Hilarious OS

Maan and Geet have a mischievous daughter 

but I loved that 

Geet is building her own private clinic and Maan

is very supportive of her career 

so soon Geet and Maan will be expecting their second child 

Keepdreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Aww that's a cute one ... especially their naughty daughter 

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Compliments of the New Year! 

thanks for posting

commented on the blog! 

Creampuff thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

A beautiful OS to start the new year !! 

A short beautiful love story that blossomed after his grandfather’s death 

Love how they still hold that same spark even years later , with one mischievous daughter & another child on the way 

And love 💕 the way maan supported geet’s dream to build her own medical clinic where she could help the underprivileged. 

Thank you for the one shot 🤗

ferdouz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Lovely OS. 

Awe naughty Eliza. 

Maaneet forever 😍