Gashmeer Mahajani quitting Imlie: ALL Discussions here - Page 17

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by timepassing

Let's not pin the entire credit of "accepting" only on Gashmeer. Mayuri's character was butchered way before Aryan's entry and we all know that was only to justify Adilie's relationship. As much as we may hate Malini's character, that is a fact we cannot ignore. So if Gash is graceful in accepting the downfall of his character, so is Mayuri. Even more so, I would say, because she is continuing in the serial as a negative character. 

And she is a woman who went through a great personal tragedy with losing her spouse to suicide, so total respect to her in this regard. We're not sure if there are issues she has with the other on set etc., but in this regard, she totally deserves respect. 

New here. Came here to read randomly about GM leaving the show.

tbh I always knew Malini would be butchered. She was the second wife of the male lead and the privileged half-sister of the heroine. I was surprised that they even kept her as a grey character for a good amount of time. Mayuri must be given credit though for signing up for a negative role. Last time I saw her was as the (positive) lead in a Marathi show (which ironically involved sisters, a man and a baby; that's what I could make of it from what my mother watched)

What really threw me off was that they made the male lead negative. Maybe because I'd watched GM in a few films before Imlie, but the shock factor would've been there regardless of which actor would've played Aditya.

Edited by FieryFabulous - 2 years ago

They didn’t made him negative but dumb in unimaginable ways which I feel no actor would want to play and rightfully so.

DT Note:

Since the actor has quit we are closing this thread. Anything related to Gashmeer Mahajani can be discussed in the chat club and in his AT that will be shifted to chat club shortly.

Thanks

Imli DT