Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Unpopular opinion: Divya Bharti was prettier than Sridevi - Page 2

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

This forum has habit of degrading successful people, films, music, icons all the time.

For a decade I have been seeing threads every few months bashing Sridevi or downgrading her stardom, achievements, impact, mocking her personal life or using her plastic surgery against her (whereas Aditi and Shilpa become 'ethereal' and 'hot for age' despite their surgeries).

Divya Bharti was NOWHERE near Sridevi and never will be either. Never had allure, charisma and screen presence like Sridevi. Nor that acting skill. 

Infact in places like Afghanistan her posters sold only because she was seen as Sridevi lookalike and locals mistook her for the girl from Khuda Gawah. 

Divya herself used to mimic Sridevi and asked her parents 'do I not look like Sridevi?'  

https://www.divyabhartiportal.com/p/memories_12.html?m=1

Umpteen threads every day cannot degrade Sridevi who is one of greatest icons of Indian cinema of all time. It's funny how Sridevi is a 'bad looker' but her wannabe mimic and lookalike is better. 

Late Feroze Khan said Sridevi looked like an angel in Har kisi ko nahi milta yahan pyar Zindagi mein song in Jaanbaaz. Gautam Rajadhyaksha had included Sridevi among the most interesting faces he photographed in his career. But only on IF Sridevi is a bad looker and her best feature aka her eyes are mocked here as well.

A big LOL if someone claims Divya Bharti was 'more popular' than Sridevi. 🤣

Anyway Divya had a fairly above average face. Famous only because she looked vulnerable. She never even had cuteness of younger Juhi.

Sridevi did get plastic surgery and did not have a natural look, but that cannot be held against her when other stacks of plastic and botox are called ethereal, ageless, timeless beauties. 

Divya was pretty but never as alluring as Sridevi.

Her attempt at sensuous song in a film called Rang (or was it something else with Kamal Sadanah?) was laughable with her failed attempts to copy Dhak dhak and Kaate nahi kat te movements. Her appeal is only 'childlike vulnerability'. Nothing more. 

No one talks about her except online or in case of mysterious deaths or untimely deaths. 

PS - I think Hindi belt audiences are kinda racist and hate on Southern background actresses. The way even Deepika is labelled 'not beautiful' on this forum, I feel there is a typical North Indian bias against South Indian actors here. As if mocking their language and accent is not enough, their looks and features are also mocked. 

Edited by atominis - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: niyati13

I don't understand how its considered important for someone to be able to overshadow someone else to be valued.

One can standout on their own. And it's not necessary to put down others to praise someone

Overshadow does not mean to put down someone. 

It means someone was talented and charismatic enough to outshine others.

It is rare for female actors to get such opportunities or show such talent and possess such screen presence or aura.

Especially  against stars like Amitabh, Rajini or Kamal who have great screen presence, aura and style of their  own and whose films rarely have much for heroine to do. In 70s and 80s all films were mainly about hero. Heroine was a prop. So it is nothing short of admirable achievement to outshine stars like Amitabh or Rajinikanth in that era or atleast match their charisma.

I feel same way for Ramya Krishnan who matched charisma and screen presence of Rajinikanth in every step in Padayappa. 

And Sridevi is probably the only heroine who matched Amrish Puri in Nagina when even male actors used to find it hard to keep up with his screen presence (Puri was at his best in 80s). She made it look like an actual clash. A lesser actress could not have matched Amrish Puri at all, especially  in 1980s when Puri was at his peak as an actor. 

Only an actually talented and charismatic performer can outshine. Sridevi is remembered more for Jaanbaaz with just one song (without skin show) while no one talks of Dimple now despite all that skin show and double meaning dialogues in Jaanbaaz. 

A less popular or bad looking actor cannot sustain, let alone make a mark in whatever he or she does. 

atominis thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: niyati13

Ya will cope..what to do..born in human race😕

Imagine someone had to make a new ID just to troll in frustration at truth bombs in another thread last day. Tch tch. I understand truth hurts. 

Making new ID is also a coping mechanism. 🤣

This is for 'aapki nazron ne' whatever the new ID is.

Not for niyati13.

The ID has suddenly removed content or did mods take action? Unable to quote post of the TM now. 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Unpopular for a good reason.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Beauty-wise. Well, it's subjective because Divya herself was known as a Sridevi-look-alike. And started getting films because of the resemblance.

In fact, Divya had been a fan of Sridevi since her childhood. She herself said in an interview that "Sridevi is too good" and too beautiful for them to be even comparedsmiley36

Now as an actress, Divya was nowhere close to Sridevi who was a superstar of her times.

Divya was quite good for her age too. She was literally a child (barely 14-15 when she started doing movies) just like Sri.

Unfortunately, Divya's life/career was cut short by her tragic death🥺.

Who knows what Divya would've become by her late 20s? Considering the quantity of work she was doing and signed up for, she was surely on her way to becoming a superstar.

Off-screen, Divya was super vivacious, while Sri was more of a reserved personality.👍🏼

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 2

Divya was prettier without a doubt 💯

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Exactly. Magnetic is the right word. She was captivating, alluring, majestic. When I was a little boy I wanted to grow up to be Sridevi. Sridevi — Sridevi shot by Palash Bose in the 90s. Cute....

Sridevi looks so damn pretty here ❤️

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

lol a lookalike supposedly prettier than an original, doesn't make sense.