Confused about two wives?

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Hey guys!!

Finally this show got a forum page...

I was wondering if the decision to have two mothers for Kashibai. I thought the reason for the whole controversy regarding Bajirao's second marriage was that Maharastrian bhrahmins were monogamous. Plus she was a muslin who introduced unorthodox lifestyle.. etc. Here, Mahad Joshi (who I suppose is also Bhrahmin) is already having 2 wives.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rmahi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: umawanderer

Hey guys!!

Finally this show got a forum page...

I was wondering if the decision to have two mothers for Kashibai. I thought the reason for the whole controversy regarding Bajirao's second marriage was that Maharastrian bhrahmins were monogamous. Plus she was a muslin who introduced unorthodox lifestyle.. etc. Here, Mahad Joshi (who I suppose is also Bhrahmin) is already having 2 wives.

I guess the controversy was more due to khandvivah of Bajirao & Mastani,Mastani being a daughter of mistress of Maharaja Chhatrasal as well as she being a muslim.

Also,Bajirao and Mastani love story was overrated I feel. The writers went OTT and wrote about it.

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: rmahi25

I guess the controversy was more due to khandvivah of Bajirao & Mastani,Mastani being a daughter of mistress of Maharaja Chhatrasal as well as she being a muslim.

Also,Bajirao and Mastani love story was overrated I feel. The writers went OTT and wrote about it.

What is khandvivah?

rmahi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

marriage through swords.

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Hi! I have the same question too and it’s mostly becoz every source I have come across so far cites Shiubai as Kashi’s mother and there is no mention of Bhavanibai. In the show Shiubai is the step mother while Bhavani is her biological mother. There is no mention of Mahadji having two wives either. So it’s confusing. Also there is no mention of Balarao Joshi who was a warrior supporting Tarabai. If anyone gets any source on Mahadji’s family request you to share the link here.

Shake_d_spear thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Actually if u go by history then there is no lovestory as Bajirao don't had this much time as he only stayed during rainy season in Pune he was there also 2 busy , his only commited & true love was swarajya .

He no doubt respected & had affection 4 mastani , little bit justice he tried to do with mastani was termed as obsessive & true love of bajirao by marathi fiction which was written after 100 yrs of Bajirao's death which destroyed his image completely.

Edited by Shake_d_spear - 2 years ago
Shake_d_spear thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Brahmin men can only take brahmin women  as legal wives maybe both shivu bai & bhavani bai belong to brahmin community only .

Edited by Shake_d_spear - 2 years ago